Discussion 18 year old trans woman thrown into an unmarked van by NYPD (1 Viewer)

lexus

Lexi chan Ichiban
Reaction score
Ship
Wreck
During a peaceful protest in New York City, an 18 year old trans women was thrown into an unmarked minivan by the NYPD. Some are saying that all she did was point out the unmarked van, whereas the NYPD are saying that she was wanted and that she had tampered with police cameras by placing stickers on them.
As of right now Twitter is going crazy about it and are trending #whereisnikki.

Honestly whether or not she was really tampering with police cameras, it's not an excuse to just throw her around and toss her into a van. What they did to her was completely disgusting and uncalled for. They could've handled this situation better than they did.

What do you guys think of this?

This is NYPD's response, but many people aren't buying it.

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reaction score
I really have no words other than I feel so bad that she had to go through that. That's not how you handle a situation even if she did do something wrong.

Jakey_Yoda

Stan Treasure!
Reaction score
I’m not even American and this shit makes me furious! Why do you need an unmarked police car to catch someone during a PEACEFUL PROTEST? And when exactly did they read this woman her rights which is THE LAW!!!

The police in America are doing illegal shit in the light of day on camera and no one is doing anything about it! DEFUND THE POLICE!!!

lexus

Lexi chan Ichiban
Reaction score
Ship
Wreck
I’m not even American and this shit makes me furious! Why do you need an unmarked police car to catch someone during a PEACEFUL PROTEST? And when exactly did they read this woman her rights which is THE LAW!!!

The police in America are doing illegal shit in the light of day on camera and no one is doing anything about it! DEFUND THE POLICE!!!
Honestly I’m not entirely sure if they read her Miranda rights. Some people were stating that they didn’t, but I’m not sure if it’s true or not.

Unfortunately some police have been doing illegal shit for who knows long. Thankfully in today’s time we’re able to get it all on film. But what sucks about that is that cops can still get away with shit and walk free

Reactions: Jakey_Yoda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)