Appreciation 2010 - 2015 girl groups era (1 Viewer)

chris_m

Trainee
Reactions Received
I just wanted to make this thread as an appreciation of the girl groups era that I particularly love and that is the era from approx. 2010 - 2015 :nekolove: I know that this is highly subjective but is anyone else feeling the same?

Some things that I love about this era are:
  • 2NE1 had these awesome rap-heavy electronic sounding songs coupled with beautiful ballads and their stage presence is out of this world.
And the song/MV of „Go Away“ is much more serious than anything I’ve seen in recent years and I think it's good that also these more serious topics get tackled.
  • There were groups like SISTAR and Secret who had a sexy + elegant concept which is kind of completely extinct these days.
  • There were songs like „Roly Poly“. This sound is also something I miss but at least this is kind of making a comeback with the recent retro trend.
  • Lastly, when watching live performances I kind of get at least the impression that not everything was as 100% perfect as it is today but this slight imperfection actually has its appeal in my opinion. It's difficult to explain but I hope you know what I mean.

How do you all think about this? Since trends come and go: Do you think we see a comeback of these trends some time in the future?

Drew_B

Reactions Received
Fandom
MeU
I just wanted to make this thread as an appreciation of the girl groups era that I particularly love and that is the era from approx. 2010 - 2015 :nekolove: I know that this is highly subjective but is anyone else feeling the same?

Some things that I love about this era are:
  • 2NE1 had these awesome rap-heavy electronic sounding songs coupled with beautiful ballads and their stage presence is out of this world.
And the song/MV of „Go Away“ is much more serious than anything I’ve seen in recent years and I think it's good that also these more serious topics get tackled.
  • There were groups like SISTAR and Secret who had a sexy + elegant concept which is kind of completely extinct these days.
  • There were songs like „Roly Poly“. This sound is also something I miss but at least this is kind of making a comeback with the recent retro trend.
  • Lastly, when watching live performances I kind of get at least the impression that not everything was as 100% perfect as it is today but this slight imperfection actually has its appeal in my opinion. It's difficult to explain but I hope you know what I mean.

How do you all think about this? Since trends come and go: Do you think we see a comeback of these trends some time in the future?
You are speaking my language!

This era is my favorite also. So many amazing groups and songs.

And yes I love the "not 100% polished" live performances from this era. It's almost like groups were allowed to have more fun when performing and if you messed up then it wasn't that big of a deal. It's like they knew it's just kpop and it's not that serious.

2015 for me personally is the cutoff from a very specific era. My favorite era.

• Love
Reactions: milk and chris_m

chris_m

Trainee
Reactions Received

And yes I love the "not 100% polished" live performances from this era. It's almost like groups were allowed to have more fun when performing and if you messed up then it wasn't that big of a deal. It's like they knew it's just kpop and it's not that serious.

Yay, great to see that you are also feeling this way :sakUwu:

Reactions Received
not to be overly picky but all 4 of those are 2009 groups :)

Apink
fx
Secret
Tara
Sistar

i do not see unpolished from that era.

Secret
Tara - even with all the tinkering.
Kara
SNSD
WG
fx luna herself said she was never happy until they practiced over a 100 times.

were highly polished / crafted. What changed to me was the flat evil of smart phones and social media.
When folks were tied to the device at home

Reactions: chris_m and Drew_B

chris_m

Trainee
Reactions Received
not to be overly picky but all 4 of those are 2009 groups :)
2010 - 2015 is just an approximation and indeed my favorite releases from these groups are from 2010 - 2015 :-)

i do not see unpolished from that era.

Secret
Tara - even with all the tinkering.
Kara
SNSD
WG
fx luna herself said she was never happy until they practiced over a 100 times.

were highly polished / crafted. What changed to me was the flat evil of smart phones and social media.
When folks were tied to the device at home
I didn't mean that the groups didn't practice hard (hopefully it didn't come across like this). What I mean is e. g. that I get the impression that there was a certain degree of freestyle going on sometimes instead of completely fixed choreos.

Users who are viewing this thread