News 2020 - 10th GAON MUSIC AWARDS 13th JANUARY 2020 : NO PERFORMANCES, MCs ANNOUNCEMENTS & WINNERS SPEECHES ONLY (1 Viewer)

SaranghaeRosie

Celebrity
Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Fandom
GoldenStar

13th JANUARY 2020 -
10th Gaon Chart Music Awards will not have any performances in order to maintain safety due to the Coronavirus.

They will have MC announcements and winner speeches only.

Reactions Received

13th JANUARY 2020 -
10th Gaon Chart Music Awards will not have any performances in order to maintain safety due to the Coronavirus.

They will have MC announcements and winner speeches only.
ouch....
advertisers will be on that.

• Wow
Reactions: SaranghaeRosie

SaranghaeRosie

Celebrity
Reactions Received
Website
Fandom
GoldenStar
ouch....
advertisers will be on that.
Fuck 'em, then. Doing prerecording now would be the height of stupidity n useless as most ppl would realise its not warranted now. Id hope theres a backlash if anybody squawks abt it.

Wouldnt there be some clauses abt acts of god tat could be invoked here to deny liability by GAON/broadcaster. Might not insurance pay for watever losses or at least the advertisers could try to claim from it.

I hv no sympathy here for those trying to profit more by endangering the artists/staff who would be taking most or all the risk.

Reactions Received
Fuck 'em, then. Doing prerecording now would be the height of stupidity n useless as most ppl would realise its not warranted now. Id hope theres a backlash if anybody squawks abt it.

Wouldnt there be some clauses abt acts of god tat could be invoked here to deny liability by GAON/broadcaster. Might not insurance pay for watever losses or at least the advertisers could try to claim from it.

I hv no sympathy here for those trying to profit more by endangering the artists/staff who would be taking most or all the risk.
They will just pull the adds at worst.
More likely just pay pennies on the dollar. Say a pro rated rate depending on the rating year over year it would depend on the contract.
Gaon may have to do a show of some sort or they are in default, but its going to be awful tv.

At this point they should cancel and post the winners. Claim the act of god stuff here and break the contract to broadcast.
Let the artists upload a vlive speech. As that is basically what they are doing.

not a lot of ppl making money except the banks loaning zillions to the governments as they drown in red ink.

See my earlier thread on the avex response to what its done to their business.

Last edited:

SaranghaeRosie

Celebrity
Reactions Received
Website
Fandom
GoldenStar
They will just pull the adds at worst.
More likely just pay pennies on the dollar. Say a pro rated rate depending on the rating year over year it would depend on the contract.
Gaon may have to do a show of some sort or they are in default, but its going to be awful tv.

At this point they should cancel and post the winners. Claim the act of god stuff here and break the contract to broadcast.
Let the artists upload a vlive speech. As that is basically what they are doing.

not a lot of ppl making money except the banks loaning zillions to the governments as they drown in red ink.

See my earlier thread on the avex response to what its done to their business.
While i agree a lot of companies right now r losing money n probably gonna close down soon, ur thread (which is v. hard to keep track of as ur title isnt clickbaity n memorable enuf n got buried after only a few hrs/which even b4 card trading game started i was overlooking a lit of threads already)- any way i digress.

Abt Avex n japan's music industry in general, i believe its partly insularity n xenophobia/elitism in part tat may be leading to Avex doing tat- i read here tat jpn music co. dont reach out for outside non-japanese audience or allow fan-subbed content on youtube or elsewhere, so wat inevitably happens is it stagnates(ourside jpn. anyway)- when there was no pandemic , no problem.

But now they hv no leeway/buffer of diverse audience cos they neglected global market for watever reason unlike korea or even china a little bit. At least world audience are willing to spend money on albums/virtual concerts during this time but jpn. music companies dont hv much support for tat.

I rmbr 1 virtual concert in S.E.A. tat i posted on here this yr but most of the acts were unfamiliar n idk not the most popular. They were doing irl concerts for yrs but i think (i rlly doubt otherwise) they musta been unprofitable n been subsidised as a pride n promotion thing b4 this yr.

I think it might be too late for them to pivot to outside jpn audiences for support after this yr as kpop is already at saturation of the world n theres no niche left, especially as global audiences might rmbr the disdain n neglect when they were on top n going strong in jpn. b4.

Anime n movies dont seem to hv this reputation as much tho even tat may be changing now, especially anime shows r starting to hv issues with outside jpn. fans n fan subs.i dont watch much as the dvds of anime shows i was interested in werent widely available n were either bootleg or dubious HK dubs, mostly canto subs with english as afterthot since S.E.A. market 4 anime was mostly chinese language n not english, unless the english dubs/subs were legal n expensive or illegal n torrented/downloaded which i nvr did. I borrowed from national library then n enjoyed them but it was limited.

We'll see wat happens next to them.

Reactions: RandAlThor

Users who are viewing this thread