COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Appreciation [2ND GEN THROWBACK] New Event(?) I Just Made Up (1 Viewer)

Next Group?

• fx

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • 2pm/2am

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • wonder girls

• after school

• kara

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • miss a

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • aoa

• 2ne1

• snsd

• big bang

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • sistar

• brown eyed girls

• Total voters
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Hello, citizens of kps.
This was originally a T-ara appreciation inspired by @Hallybell's post, but then I realized I stan a lot of groups especially from 2nd gen and wanted to do something like this for all. that was how this event-ish thing was born and im not sure if i can make up something like this if im not an event's member so pls correct me if wrong.
the event is basically me recommending songs of a group chosen from the poll and people responding with their opinions of the group's concept, song, members, performance, etc. its fine if you don't know much about the group, just share what you think about them at a first glance. hopefully, this event-sh thing will help some of you newbies find old kpop gems and give veterans a good nostalgia. pls listen and enjoy my underrated, misunderstood, yet still talented af queens.

Fill this out to get a tag for my upcoming posts.
(you can fill it out without being tagged too).

Where T-ara stands in your kpop list: my first kpop group and got me into girl groups or i might have been a hardcore bg stan. so amen to them.
Bias (if any): Jiyeon
Does their music fit your taste?
Would you stan T-ara after this
?
What group would you like me to cover next? (2nd gen only-from the poll):
Tag for upcoming posts?

So without further intro, here are some of my favorite T-ara songs in no particular order.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
1. literally a short film tbh. T-ara were queens when it came to mv storylines. nugus like BTS and Loona could never. :taesip:

2. the continuation. like i said, queens invented mv making. your nugu faves still cant catch up.

the dance version cause one is never enough.

3. a really fun song, kinda repetitive like RV's Rookie. their fun, Twice-ish side for all you flops who dont know these 2nd gen legends.

4. the first song i heard from them. the dance is more iconic than ur faves.

a sexy version cause why not?

6. Roly Poly. thats it. now bow before the song of the decade.

a copacabana version. which i yet to see any of ur faves do. :pepelook:

7. this collab was gold but MBK screwed both of them up. :seokeyes:

8. a kpop classic starring I'm Not a Robot's Yoo Seungho as the ultimate womanizer. member Jiyeon had her first kiss with him, who's her ideal type.

a ballad version. they're so good at switching between concepts. this one is just as good as the upbeat one above.

9. this super hilarious collab with Chinese duo Chopstick Brothers. their song Little Apple was a huge hit and they asked the most popular kpop group in China to feature in their song.

the original mv without T-ara. still funny af.

10. a classic tomboy turned girly story accompanied by one of T-ara's best songs. you will be seduced into loving them, i promise.

11. remains the best song about losing the sweetness of a relationship.

12. another classic story of ugly duckling into a swan. the girls slay their sailor outfits and the song is so catchy.

13. this song drives me crazy. ohOHohOHohOH :sj_weary:

14. the perfect example of a pop song with a ballad intro. it still amazes me how fast and smoothly they can change concepts. sorry paparazzi but this song remains #1.

15.basically the Korean version of Leon, the professional. stars veteran actor Cha Seungwon (Hwayugi, Splendid Politics, You're All Surrounded, the Greatest Love) as Leon and member Jiyeon as Mathilda bent on getting revenge for her father. what did i tell you? T-ara is the best at drama mvs.

the dance version cause not all of us has the patience for 15-minute vids. still as good as the 1st one.

16. featuring vocal master duo Davichi. play this at my funeral. with those vocals, i'll definitely reach heaven.

17. THE BEST SUBUNIT THAT NEEDS TO MAKE A COMEBACK!!! whyyyyy MBK whyyyyy :yolk::sadcat:

a drama ver ofc. what's T-ara without one of these.

18. before Twice and happy zombies, there was T-ara and clubber zombies (they bite unlike the former). my favorite song of theirs, or at least top 5.

19. our visual finally made her much anticipated debut in 2014. not a great year for kpop in general but Jiyeon proved she was more than a pretty face to antis. stan Jiyeon for talent and stage presence. :queen:

MBK's YT channel:

T-ara official:

20. HYOLYN, AILEE, JIYEON+JYP's Dream High 2. do i need to say more? (Got7, actress Kang Sora, 2am's Jinwoon, actor Park Seo-Joon, and ofc JYP himself also star in this sequel).

a fmv one for the visual folks.

21. back when Bae Suzy was still a rookie and T-ara's Eunjung had this amazing collab together on Dream High 1 (the better one of the two. it has Eunjung, Suzy, Kim Soo-Hyun (my love from the stars), IU, Taecyeon (2pm), Wooyoung (2pm), actor Um Ki Joon, actress Lee Yoon Ji (king 2 hearts), Nichkhun (2pm), Leeteuk (SuJu), Chansung (2pm), actor Kim HyunJong (boys over flowers), im pretty sure After School's Kahi is in one of them). if you're a kpop fan, anticipate even more star-studded cameos.

the theme song about reaching your dreams.

performance ver.

22. what better way to close this long promo than the beloved song about love potions. its cooler than my description so pls give it a listen.

Last edited:

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
Where T-ara stands in your kpop list: i dont stan :nekosweat:
Bias (if any): Jiyeon is super pretty and the only one im kind of familiar with
Does their music fit your taste? their music isn't what i usually listen to, but they have some bops for sure
Would you stan T-ara after this? probably not
What group would you like me to cover next? (2nd gen only-from the poll): Kara juseyo
Tag for upcoming posts? Yes please ^^

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Where T-ara stands in your kpop list: Haven't dived deep into their discography, but like them. Don't stan.
Bias (if any): Sexy queen Hyomin >>>>>
Does their music fit your taste? Some of it, their titles are really catchy.
Would you stan T-ara after this? Maybe, but unlikely coz they've disbanded now.
What group would you like me to cover next? (2nd gen only-from the poll): KARA KARA KARA
Tag for upcoming posts?
Yes please ^^

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship

@Somnia to appreciate this masterpiece
Where T-ara stands in your kpop list: :sj_weary:
T-ara was one the groups I first Stanned. Those girls are my everything
Bias (if any): Our Lord and Savior Qrisus :sanapray:
Does their music fit your taste? Very few t-ara songs I dislike
? :pandaamazed:
What group would you like me to cover next? (2nd gen only-from the poll):
Tag for upcoming posts? Big Bang

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Where T-ara stands in your kpop list: i like some of their songs, but im not too familiar with them.
Bias (if any): .. hwayoung :taesip:
Does their music fit your taste? Depends on Song rly, i like their retro stuff
? Nah im fine
What group would you like me to cover next? (2nd gen only-from the poll): 2pm or bigbang
Tag for upcoming posts? Sure

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Where T-ara stands in your kpop list: As I said, I only really discovered them recently but I already loved Sugar Free. I am regretting now because they are great.
Bias (if any): Hyomin ( I love her solo music and she is just so beautiful)
Does their music fit your taste? Absolutely
Would you stan T-ara after this? I would if their situation wasn’t as critical as it is now.
What group would you like me to cover next? (2nd gen only-from the poll): Wonder girls
Tag for upcoming posts? Please

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Where T-ara stands in your kpop list: The very first spot and will forever be on that spot without a single doubt.
Bias (if any): All honestly, but I do have a weak spot for both Soyeon and Jiyeon (due to past interactions).
Does their music fit your taste? Yes, very much so they are the chameleons of Kpop.
Would you stan T-ara after this? Already been stanning them shortly after their debut.
What group would you like me to cover next? (2nd gen only-from the poll): Kara
Tag for upcoming posts? Sure thing~

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Where T-ara stands in your kpop list: They were among the IY1 groups i followed. 2nd gen was silly hard to get subbed stuff except for snsd
Bias (if any): Maybe Eunjung, Soyeon, Hyomin, ok ot6....
Does their music fit your taste? sure
? since it is unlikely they will be back i will continue to just follow, but i watch the bulk of those songs lives. and the drama mv's
What group would you like me to cover next? (2nd gen only-from the poll): I will go off the board and say Secret. they really do not get enough credit.
Tag for upcoming posts?
sure

More Tara

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Where T-ara stands in your kpop list: Top 10
Bias (if any): Soyeon
Does their music fit your taste? Definitely
Would you stan T-ara after this? Nope
What group would you like me to cover next? (2nd gen only-from the poll): SISTAR
Tag for upcoming posts? Yup

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Where T-ara stands in your kpop list: Within the Top 10 maybe Top 5
Bias (if any): Eunjung, Hyomin, Soyeon
Does their music fit your taste? yes
? I stanned them before and I stan them after
What group would you like me to cover next? (2nd gen only-from the poll): f(x) [I still call myself an aff(x)ion. SM took too long with the fanclub name sooooo]
Tag for upcoming posts?
Yes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread