COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News 4 NCT Dream members to graduate,K-Netz furious (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
It's their first concert but of the 6 members, 4 of them will be graduating(I suppose the 00-liners). They started crying when mentioning this.
Originally, 127's Haechan was promoting with 127 and Jaemin, Jeno and Renjun were just in NCT without a fixed group, so we don't know what will happen to them next year.

1. This is just wrong... Usually for normal idols, they get to promote several years and they can voluntarily retire on their own but they're just being thrown away like that? The kids aren't some joke either, and what will happen to the fans if you just throw away the singers like that? I don't know, I feel like everyone really likes NCT Dream? Isn't it the same as having a group you like stop being a group?

2. For whom is this system intended to be made for? As soon as you start liking a group, they all graduate, isn't this too much of a punishment to the fans?ㅠㅠ And what about those trainees? Why did you debut them for? Are they going back to their trainee life? I don't understand

3. I feel like AKB's system is way better thought than this... The Japanese celebrity industry is f*cked up but at least they're not forced to graduate... Of course, I'm not saying that everything is better there

4. Whta's the point of graduating if they have no fixed team? They won't be able to promote either. What's the point of dissecting a group that's doing well? Who's the one who thought of the "underage" concept, no one asked for it

5. I seriously don't understand what benefit there is to have a graduation system. You just can't build a strong core fandom with systems like that, so why do it...? And the whole NCT concept is already too blurred, so they probably wanted to follow that fluid concept and make them graduate, so wouldn't it make more sense if everyone can promote in every team once to make it fair... They have no countermeasures and they're just blindlessly making them graduate, I can't help but think they're being thrown away

6. I seriously don't understand what the hell is this rotation system, this system doesn't suit our country's thinking either. What's the point of creating uncertainty for those singers.... My heart hurts for them

7. They don't even get a fixed team out of it yet they're being forced to leave the group? This is f*cking strange, talk about playing with kids...

8. Mark was like that too with his last concert with the Dream and now the 00'ers are like this for their Dream concert too, why are they always making the kids feel sorry towards Dream and ending it just like that by making them cry their eyes out? There has to be a way to stop that, this is just too cruel

9. I went to the concert today and everyone around me was crying, I'm not even exaggerating... I was looking at the kids and I was so upsetㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

10. This is their first concert but has the vibes of a disbandment concert. This kind of system really doesn't suit Korea seriously..
[/spoiler]

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pledis tried graduation system with After School, but eventually gave up on it cause it didn't really catch on. I guess the good sides of it is that you can keep concept like Dream has going on and potentially have more longetivity for group. Company might feel more ownership and control over the group as well since the group is based on concept and members that change instead of group being based on certain members like most of the groups. Ofc, they can put popular members who they want to work with into new groups or existing groups they have and possibly let go of some that they don't want to keep all together.

But ofc, it isn't nice to fans nor the members. I remember being into esports a while, but then I lost interest when the members of my favorite team that i liked left and how the teams just kept changing all the time. I wanted to cheer for certain team which to me wasn't the logo nor the concept, but the members that made up that team. So i think it's somewhat similar thing? And with SM trying this with Dream, well Pledis failed at it already, I'm not certain SM will pull it off either.

Koala

✯☾🌸Koala Of Spring’s Moon🌸☽✯
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I can actually see SM either fixing the group because god I hope so. Literally all the pictures of my poor boys crying literally upsets me. I thought there was a spoiler about them being a fixed group but it turned out it was only an allegation because Jeno said,"We'll be together forever" but they're CRYING SO SADLY today.

OR and I HOPE SO. They'll make a unit where the graduated can get into. I really hope Jisung would join but honestly considering everyone was in an uproar about Mark...and he graduated. I'm too scared to give any hope.

:c I never get sad about this stuff but when you see a group who've always been together since their debut and they have to watch their members leave to another. That has to be soul crushing.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
:umjicry:It’s my favorite subunit and I’m sad our time with them is almost over

Last edited:

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
My babies. Nooo :(

They're my favourite sub-unit and all the members are just amazing. It's such a great lineup. I'm going to miss them so much. Hopefully, SM will get rid of the systerm (it doesn't seem like it though) or I'll like the newer Dream just as much as I love these guys.
omg nooo, i don't want them to leave, I just got into NCT and I thought I had found the perfect group. SM do something :sadcat:

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I don't understand why everyone is being so dramatic tbh this was always the plan since debut and it's not like they're gonna be left jobless after they graduate, SM have already said they're debuting a new boy group next year and they've said Lee Soo Man is preparing a new Chinese group too.

Personally, I'm really excited for the members to graduate Dream because it never gets promoted as much as the other units and the members are gonna get much more opportunities to actually work once they join a fixed unit.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I don't understand why everyone is being so dramatic tbh this was always the plan since debut and it's not like they're gonna be left jobless after they graduate, SM have already said they're debuting a new boy group next year and they've said Lee Soo Man is preparing a new Chinese group too.

Personally, I'm really excited for the members to graduate Dream because it never gets promoted as much as the other units and the members are gonna get much more opportunities to actually work once they join a fixed unit.
People are allowed to feel hurt, especially those who bias Dream. Jisung debuted at 14 and they've been together so long, like a second family. They literally cried onstage 3 days in a row so it's clearly significant to them, they know things will never be the same. Dream didn't get promoted as much but it shouldn't have been that way. This graduation system is crap and everyone knows it.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
People are allowed to feel hurt, especially those who bias Dream. Jisung debuted at 14 and they've been together so long, like a second family. They literally cried onstage 3 days in a row so it's clearly significant to them, they know things will never be the same. Dream didn't get promoted as much but it shouldn't have been that way. This graduation system is crap and everyone knows it.
Well it's only natural for them to cry, they're at the end of a very important chapter in their lives. Tears aren't always a bad thing and just because they're crying, it doesn't mean that they're upset or sad...

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I need to stop replying to these kinda threads [i wont] cause they drive me insane

[i didnt know these wernt ur comments so sorry if this came accrossed more annoyed then needed to]

1. all the original fans are ok with this system << alot of the people arent okay with this are 127 bias people or not super into dream much

2. we do know were the members are going

Haechan 127 - renjun chenle wayv - jaemin jeno jisung will go into a nct u until they are in a new unit
Jaemin and Jeno will prob focus on tv work until jisung debuts as both actors and currently presenters also
Jaemin had a main role on a tv show what went down really well for a first time

3. does this person even know akb system xD
it basically same as dream
they will move members around for where they are needed unless they super popular xD
plus the members can be kicked out easily << what has happened alot recently

4. the point of dream is so the members can show there teen side and be more age appropriate
as if the graduation didnt exist we would have jisung [17] doing a sexy concept due to most of the members are adults now Mark [20]
what i like alot as i dont like kids doing concepts older than themselves

5. Most people who stan dream know of the graduation system so stick to core members [for me jaemin mostly] but i support all the members
and it very smart sm wise
as people will buy albums for all the groups to support all the members
[what alot of use do i have 127 and dream albums {not wayv yet due to it being difficult }

6. There is no uncertainty for the members the members themselves know where they are going after dream as jeno said when explaining marks graduation
do people really think sm has not talked about this with the members when they are getting closer to graduation

7. no there not messing with kids they are 19/20 when they actually graduate the whole point there adults
alot of the members will be near the end of there contracts when it comes to graduating [jisung will have 2 years left when he graduates]
plus nct dream concept was set from debut the original graduation age actually used to be 17/18 it was boosted up due to what happen to jaemin and sm wanting to keep mark in longer

8. ok i cried when i did my last performance on a musical it was cause i enjoyed the time and yes they may miss being in dream but it not like they are losing a house they will just be in a different unit you are making this out to be more than it is.. some kids cry when they Finnish school...

If people get so up tight about them crying sm will fix this like they always do.. they will be told to walk of stage before they start crying or told not to talk about graduation anymore on live...

9/10. 2 members are remaining its not over for them... the members arent leaving people should be happy for them members moving onto concepts they want to do... Renjun is physically and very clearly excited to go to wayv same with chenle tbh. jeno and jaemin will go onto sexy concepts. Haechan will be able to focus on 127 and will probally appear in more nct u work now and jisung when he graduates he will be over the moon i swear as i think he most excited to graduate than all of them as he doesnt like being seen as the youngest at all

final notes [for people who agree with the comments]
please watch more of there vlives and shows they do
alot of the members have talked about wanting to do sexy concepts etc and looking forward to move onto other units
and they wont forget each other they will make more friends etc remember chenle and jisung knew each other before they debuted when they lived in there original countries also

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Well it's only natural for them to cry, they're at the end of a very important chapter in their lives. Tears aren't always a bad thing and just because they're crying, it doesn't mean that they're upset or sad...
people seem to want to put drama behind everything it so annoyoing
mark hasn't mentioned that he wants to go back to dream since his graduation
and isnt exactly quite about what he thinks..
plus alot of the members have been very open about wanting to graduate
jeno talking about looking forward to do sexy concepts
Renjun & chenle very openly looking forward to wayv [or new Chinese unit i guess]
And jisung would graduate now if sm let him xD

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
SM has been deadset on implementing this system for nearly 20 years

I don't see them changing anything any time soon

I need to stop replying to these kinda threads [i wont] cause they drive me insane

1. all the original fans are ok with this system << alot of the people arent okay with this are 127 bias people or not super into dream much

2. we do know were the members are going

Haechan 127 - renjun chenle wayv - jaemin jeno jisung will go into a nct u until they are in a new unit
Jaemin and Jeno will prob focus on tv work until jisung debuts as both actors and currently presenters also
Jaemin had a main role on a tv show what went down really well for a first time

3. do you even know akb system xD
it basically same as dream
they will move members around for where they are needed unless they super popular xD
plus the members can be kicked out easily << what has happened alot recently

4. the point of dream is so the members can show there teen side and be more age appropriate
as if the graduation didnt exist we would have jisung [17] doing a sexy concept due to most of the members are adults now Mark [20]
what i like alot as i dont like kids doing concepts older than themselves

5. Most people who stan dream know of the graduation system so stick to core members [for me jaemin mostly] but i support all the members
and it very smart sm wise
as people will buy albums for all the groups to support all the members
[what alot of use do i have 127 and dream albums {not wayv yet due to it being difficult }

6. There is no uncertainty for the members the members themselves know where they are going after dream as jeno said when explaining marks graduation
You really think sm has not talked about this with the members when they are getting closer to graduation

7. you 7 is bit much, no there not messing with kids they are 19/20 when they actually graduate the whole point there adults
alot of the members will be near the end of there contracts when it comes to graduating [jisung will have 2 years left when he graduates]
plus nct dream concept was set from debut the original graduation age actually used to be 17/18 it was boosted up due to what happen to jaemin and sm wanting to keep mark in longer

8. ok i cried when i did my last performance on a musical it was cause i enjoyed the time and yes they may miss being in dream but it not like they are losing a house they will just be in a different unit you are making this out to be more than it is.. have you never cried when a part of your life is over its apart of moving on for some people.. some kids cry when they Finnish school...

If people get so up tight about them crying sm will fix this like they always do.. they will be told to walk of stage before they start crying or told not to talk about graduation anymore on live...

9/10. 2 members are remaining its not over for them... plus the members arent leaving i think you got the wrong vibe tbh as you should be happy for them members moving onto concepts they want to do... Renjun is physically and very clearly excited to go to wayv same with chenle tbh. jeno and jaemin will go onto sexy concepts. Haechan will be able to focus on 127 and will probally appear in more nct u work now and jisung when he graduates he will be over the moon i swear as i think he most excited to graduate than all of them as he doesnt like being seen as the youngest at all

final notes
please watch more of there vlives and shows they do
alot of the members have talked about wanting to do sexy concepts etc and looking forward to move onto other units
and they wont forget each other they will make more friends etc remember chenle and jisung knew each other before they debuted when they lived in there original countries also
Those are knetizen comments, not the OPs actual thoughts....

Reactions Received
KS Coins
SM has been deadset on implementing this system for nearly 20 years

I don't see them changing anything any time soon

Those are knetizen comments, not the OPs actual thoughts....
ohh i they read
VERY WELL
as comments from 1 person
my bad i will edit my comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread