A GG stan reviews BGs: 2PM (1 Viewer)

Ashla_K

Idol
Reactions Received
If you want me to check on your favorite BG go to the Main Thread
If you want to see other reviews: ASTRO, MONSTA X, B1A4
Suggested by @blueberries

This is intense. It has an old kpop sound, well, the song it's from 2013 but it sounds like a '07 or '09 and that's not bad at all. I think that distinctive sound makes it interesting.
8/10.

1. A.D.T.O.Y: 8/10
2. Comeback When You Hear This Song: Judging by the title I thought it'd be a ballad but it's a very bright and upbeat song. I like the contrast between the meaningful lyrics and the nightclub vibes of the instrumental, it's like '' crying in the club'' for real. 7.5/10
3. Zero Point (Back to square one): Aside from the vocals, I think it's an average song. 6/10
4. I’m Sorry:
:BREAD::BREAD: 8.5/10
5. The First Date: Another song with old school vibes but this time the piano and thrumpet into the instrumental adds a special touch. Very refreshing. 8/10
6. Dangerous: Funky vibes + sweet vocals are my weakness. :pepeheart: 9/10
7. One More Day: Great song. Someone snapped on those vocals 9/10
8. Game Over: The beginning was a bit dramatic. I've noticed this album (and the group as well) has a strong '90s influence. A good song overall. 7/10
9. Coming down:
:sj_weary::sj_weary: My other weakness: Soft R&B + sexy vocals + slow sexy rap: 9/10
10. Go Back: A BOP. I really enjoyed the electronic beats combined with more toned down parts (with piano in the background) to highlight certain verses. 9.5/10
11. Love Song: Emotional and somehow relaxing. It has a retro vibe that I liked. 7.5/10
12. At Times (Suddenly): The ballad I knew the album had, lol! A very traditional one, I should say. Not that I don't like it but I doesn't do anything new. Great vocals nonetheless. 6/10

OVERALL: As I mentioned before, this group has a strong '90s influence, which I like. This is my first time listening to them and, to be honest, I was expecting something else but not only they explore different genres, they do it with good lyrics and a good dosis of emotions. A well deserved 8/10

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
I'm glad you liked it, I thought you might since the album is more vocal based on them (my favorite album from them is actually Hands Up, but it's more of club/electronic style). Actually, Game Over is my favorite song from the album and I was upset it wasn't title at the time xd

Interesting stuff from album; so JYP kinda liked to ship 2PM on Japan which is why they quite rarely have Korean comebacks. This album was their big korean comeback after being away in Japan for couple years. Album was named Grown since it was to show that 2PM members have grown and many of the members also participated in writing lyrics and music for the album : )

Oh and another interesting stuff would been teasers of the album cause they were all codes and pretty hard. I remember Hottests talking through what they meant and going all detective (they include Morse code, binary code, coordinates on google maps etc., you really needed help to find out lol). What you would find out was the theme of the comeback song and mv Comeback when you hear this song and what member would have what association ^^

Reactions: Ashla_K

Ashla_K

Idol
Reactions Received
I'm glad you liked it, I thought you might since the album is more vocal based on them (my favorite album from them is actually Hands Up, but it's more of club/electronic style). Actually, Game Over is my favorite song from the album and I was upset it wasn't title at the time xd

Interesting stuff from album; so JYP kinda liked to ship 2PM on Japan which is why they quite rarely have Korean comebacks. This album was their big korean comeback after being away in Japan for couple years. Album was named Grown since it was to show that 2PM members have grown and many of the members also participated in writing lyrics and music for the album : )

Oh and another interesting stuff would been teasers of the album cause they were all codes and pretty hard. I remember Hottests talking through what they meant and going all detective (they include Morse code, binary code, coordinates on google maps etc., you really needed help to find out lol). What you would find out was the theme of the comeback song and mv Comeback when you hear this song and what member would have what association ^^
Interesting. I'll be listening to other songs, they're really good.
Thanks for the suggestion.
:pepeheart::pepeheart:

Reactions: blueberries

Users who are viewing this thread

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ashla_K Korea 1
Ashla_K Korea 1
Ashla_K Korea 12
Ashla_K Korea 4
Ashla_K Korea 16