COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Official A Notice about Future Events and Dropping out of Them (1 Viewer)

Panda

a panda just trying to chill
Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Lately, we have been having a lot of users drop out of events randomly. In the past, we have looked past those instances, mostly since a lot of our events were individual-based and there was no consequences in regard to other users. However, the rate of users leaving events mid-event has been increasing and we, as a team, feel that we have to take action in order to ensure that other users can still enjoy our events.

Therefore, we have decided to establish a new ban system in regard to events. We have decided that if a user drops out of three events without a valid excuse, we will ultimately have to ban them from joining future events.

Of course, we understand when there are emergencies and you have to leave the event ultimately. However, we have been having users who just join an event and then drop out a few days in cause they simply do not feel like participating in the event anymore. And, there are several issues with this:
1. When we have a number of participants established prior to starting games or quests, we create a system that is meant to fit that certain amount of users. This could be a tournament style or some sort of other system. Therefore, having users leave the event abruptly just messes up the system of the event.
2. We have a lot of team-based events that have either occurred in the past or will happen in the future. Users leaving these events create an unfair disadvantage for other users who are in their teams.

Again, we mean users who simply leave an event cause they do not feel continuing the event. For every event that we have done, we have had a posted schedule with a timeline of how the event would work out. We do this in the hopes to give everyone a heads up.

So to conclude: Counting now, if a user drops out of three events without a valid excuse, we will ultimately ban them from joining future events. If a user is found to have fabricated an excuse, they will be immediately banned.

Moreover, this is just in regard to gift-giving events like Secret Santa or Valentines, but if you sign up for a gift-giving event and choose to not complete your side of giving a gift or drop out of the event after being assigned someone, you will be banned off any future gift-giving events.

We are sorry to those users who have been amazing about participating in events, and it is unfortunate for us to have to put up such rules, but we must do what it takes to help future events run more smoothly.

Let us know if you have any questions below!

@Events Users

euphoria

Thunder ⚡️
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Stingray
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
Thank you for bringing up this issue :bigcatlove:

ParksQueen301

Park boys are king
Reactions Received
Website
www.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Lately, we have been having a lot of users drop out of events randomly. In the past, we have looked past those instances, mostly since a lot of our events were individual-based and there was no consequences in regard to other users. However, the rate of users leaving events mid-event has been increasing and we, as a team, feel that we have to take action in order to ensure that other users can still enjoy our events.

Therefore, we have decided to establish a new ban system in regard to events. We have decided that if a user drops out of three events without a valid excuse, we will ultimately have to ban them from joining future events.

Of course, we understand when there are emergencies and you have to leave the event ultimately. However, we have been having users who just join an event and then drop out a few days in cause they simply do not feel like participating in the event anymore. And, there are several issues with this:
1. When we have a number of participants established prior to starting games or quests, we create a system that is meant to fit that certain amount of users. This could be a tournament style or some sort of other system. Therefore, having users leave the event abruptly just messes up the system of the event.
2. We have a lot of team-based events that have either occurred in the past or will happen in the future. Users leaving these events create an unfair disadvantage for other users who are in their teams.

Again, we mean users who simply leave an event cause they do not feel continuing the event. For every event that we have done, we have had a posted schedule with a timeline of how the event would work out. We do this in the hopes to give everyone a heads up.

So to conclude: Counting now, if a user drops out of three events without a valid excuse, we will ultimately ban them from joining future events. If a user is found to have fabricated an excuse, they will be immediately banned.

Moreover, this is just in regard to gift-giving events like Secret Santa or Valentines, but if you sign up for a gift-giving event and choose to not complete your side of giving a gift or drop out of the event after being assigned someone, you will be banned off any future gift-giving events.

We are sorry to those users who have been amazing about participating in events, and it is unfortunate for us to have to put up such rules, but we must do what it takes to help future events run more smoothly.

Let us know if you have any questions below!

@Events Users
but how will you know if the user has made a fabricated excuse? Are you going to like.. hack into their internet activity, or? Not that I would fabircate an excuse, I'm just curious.

Also, was my "didn't complete the task" reason valid? I hope I wasn't the last straw... I hate being the last straw on things.

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
but how will you know if the user has made a fabricated excuse? Are you going to like.. hack into their internet activity, or? Not that I would fabircate an excuse, I'm just curious.

Also, was my "didn't complete the task" reason valid? I hope I wasn't the last straw... I hate being the last straw on things.
No, of course, we will not hack into your stuff, that obviously wouldn't be okay (or even possible). It's more if it is obviously a fabricated excuse.

And, there have been a lot of things coming up recently that made us come up with these new rules, you definitely weren't the last straw, we have been thinking about implementing this for a good while now. I would just keep in mind with things such as not being able to complete your task when it comes to competitive things or team-based tasks, you know? Whether this counts or not would depend on a vote within the entire events team but it honestly might count towards a strike if this happened in the future.

Everyone starts off with a clean slate from here on out though.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I would say this is also partly due to some people only joining events for the rewards but not being interested enough in the event to actually commit to it which the 2nd part is specifically why I don't join the large majority of events as you should be signing up for the majority of the event at the very least

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Mingyutized
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
As I saw it, this is a serious issue during events, like some users left the events after a few days cuz they got bored or just didn’t want to do it anymore, even if it’s a team event. I think this was the right decision.

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
think this is a good idea for sure, it's unfair to the users who passionately participate in events if they lose out on their fun and/or rewards due to something out of their control :sanapray:

Yachii

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Hackers
It's fine with me. It's fair to put in place some requirement for responsibility to stick to a commitment; which is the main reason I almost never join events. If the event feels like a burden rather than an enjoyment; if it feels too convoluted; or if it involves gaming; I don't sign up.

ParksQueen301

Park boys are king
Reactions Received
Website
www.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Thank you for bringing this up, I know during Secret Santa I spent lots of time on my part but never received anything, which while I did not care too badly, it was a let down :(
or maybe you did and it just got lost in the notifs? If not, I'm sorry that happened to you. :izhug:

Panda

Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Thank you for bringing this up, I know during Secret Santa I spent lots of time on my part but never received anything, which while I did not care too badly, it was a let down :(
I am sorry that happened to you, and sadly, this has happened to a lot of users over the times where we held gift-giving events. We slowly realized that not a lot of people are interesting in fulfilling the tasks which they signed up for. A few users were not the problem, but the amount has been increasing and events have started to get ruined for some users, so we realized we needed to take action. This is how the new rules came to place.

nekolecrimson

Gay Goth Sparkle Princess
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi
Pronouns
She/They
Ship
Wreck
I am sorry that happened to you, and sadly, this has happened to a lot of users over the times where we held gift-giving events. We slowly realized that not a lot of people are interesting in fulfilling the tasks which they signed up for. A few users were not the problem, but the amount has been increasing and events have started to get ruined for some users, so we realized we needed to take action. This is how the new rules came to place.
Hopefully for future events we will have a better turn out! I quite enjoy the gift giving events

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread