a random rank of these big 3 ggs (1 Viewer)

naturalqueen

Trainee
Reactions Received
  1. blackpink
  2. twice
  3. snsd
  4. 2ne1
  5. wonder girls
  6. red velvet
  7. miss a
  8. fx

not including itzy and aespa cuz they are new... i also did not include 1st gen cuz idk them
did i forgot someone from big 3?

do you agree with me... in terms of physicals + digitals + impact?

Reactions Received
  1. blackpink
  2. twice
  3. snsd
  4. 2ne1
  5. wonder girls
  6. red velvet
  7. miss a
  8. fx

not including itzy and aespa cuz they are new... i also did not include 1st gen cuz idk them
did i forgot someone from big 3?

do you agree with me... in terms of physicals + digitals + impact?
no
since impact can be thought of in many ways.
Where to place ses finkl especially is hard. Ie Hyroi shows up in a random group as a semi joke and they dominate. The era was like a lifetime ago maybe 2 in chart and other metrics . Let alone the tech changes, and its hard to put a impact value on creating the sub-genre.

Its bad enough that really solid metrics do not exist pre2010 for 2nd gen comparison

Snsd
twice
bp
Ses
finkl
Kara - this still seems low
wg
fx - this is also hard shoot fx b side are essentially the itzy sound with better skill. going this way since they were still closer to the boys than even most of the current groups are now
rv
ma

Yumiz

Yukika's Headband
Reactions Received
Fandom
Yumiz
Ship
  1. SNSD
  2. TWICE
  3. Blackpink
  4. 2ne1
  5. Red Velvet
  6. Wonder Girls
  7. Miss A
  8. f(x)
Wonder Girls is such a weird one since they were managed so poorly but still had amazing success

hAJIMAAAA

Trainee
Reactions Received
Twice's inception was heavily modelled after a mix of Girls' Generation's approach and the everlasting trend in Kpop of loving cutesy girly concepts (from which they only started separating not that long ago).

And on the other side Blackpink was heavily modelled after 2ne1's concept and GG's commercial appeal, and even back when they were still trainees and still called pLiNKpLuNk, Yang Hyun Suk himself saying that they were YG's take on GG,

hence why even though both of which have surpassed their achievements in numbers and overseas popularity and even though they have definitely made a name for themselves and created a stage and image of their own by now, I'd rank GG and 2NE1 first and then Twice and Blackpink. Then the rest.

Because even if they've thankfully set themselves apart from the first two, their origin and early inspiration is rooted directly in the 2nd gen's top girl groups. Same goes, to an extent, about 2nd gen gg's taking inspiration maaaaaainly from S.E.S. and FIN K.L. as well as BoA

• Wow
Reactions: naturalqueen

naturalqueen

Trainee
Reactions Received
no
since impact can be thought of in many ways.
Where to place ses finkl especially is hard. Ie Hyroi shows up in a random group as a semi joke and they dominate. The era was like a lifetime ago maybe 2 in chart and other metrics . Let alone the tech changes, and its hard to put a impact value on creating the sub-genre.

Its bad enough that really solid metrics do not exist pre2010 for 2nd gen comparison

Snsd
twice
bp
Ses
finkl
Kara - this still seems low
wg
fx - this is also hard shoot fx b side are essentially the itzy sound with better skill. going this way since they were still closer to the boys than even most of the current groups are now
rv
ma
That's why i did not include 1st gen

Reactions: RandAlThor

Yumiz

Yukika's Headband
Reactions Received
Fandom
Yumiz
Ship
Do you think rv was more successful than wg?
Both are in really weird situations.
Digitally, WG trumps
Individually, I'd still give it to the original lineup of WG because they all were pretty popular at different times.
Internationally: Red Velvet
Physically and fandom wise: Red Velvet

Reactions Received
Digitally, WG trumps
Individually, I'd still give it to the original lineup of WG because they all were pretty popular at different times.
Yea i had trouble with Rv too. Really comparing gens is darn near impossible. Jut too much has changed every 5 years or quicker.

naturalqueen

Trainee
Reactions Received
Digitally, WG trumps
honestly, i just put wg up there because of their hits

Reactions: Yumiz

Users who are viewing this thread