Fanfiction Accidental Lovers [Jimin x OC] *Ch. 1 posted 4/12/21* (2 Viewers)

Reactions Received
Website
peachyfangirl86.tumblr.com
Fandom
OrbArTiny
Because I like multitasking with fanfics. lol

Chapter 1

Molly’s POV

“Here you are, sir,” I said to my customer at the coffee shop, handing him his coffee. “One mocha cappuccino with three pumps of caramel.”

The middle-aged man took a sip before saying, “Ah, just the way I like it! How much will it be, now?”

I gave him his total, and after he paid, he wished me a nice day and walked out. As he did, a girl who appeared to be a new hire walked in. She was thin, petite, and Asian, with her jet-black hair pulled up in a ponytail.

“Good morning!” I greeted her after she came back from clocking in. “Are you a new hire?”

“Yes, I just started yesterday,” she said. “My name is Park Mi-Jin; what’s yours?”

“Molly Woodard – nice to meet you!” Mi-Jin and I shook hands, and I posed my next question:

“So, I take it you’re Korean?”

“Yeah, from Busan,” Mi-Jin said. “It’s just across the pond from Japan.”

“That’s cool! How long have you lived here?”

“About two years. What about you?”

“I moved here from Morrisville, North Carolina, when I was twelve because of my mom’s job.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah, she’d gotten fired, and since we’ve always wanted to move closer to my dad’s sister anyway, we took the opportunity.”

Mi-Jin and I paused the conversation to tend to another customer, and we continued once the transaction was over.

“I moved here to get away from my jackass boyfriend,” Mi-Jin said. “I just needed a fresh start.”

“How was he a jackass?” I asked. “I hope you don’t mind me asking.”

“No, it’s okay! He was just not good enough for me, always partying with his friends and never making time for me.”

“That doesn’t sound like boyfriend material at all! I’ve been there, though; my own ex was like that after I had my daughter.”

Mi-Jin smiled. “I’m glad I’m not alone, then.” She changed the subject. “What do you do for fun?”

“I like to listen to music and draw. I’m also learning some Spanish.”

Mi-Jin leaned closer. “How neat! What music do you like?”

“Do you like country?”

Mi-Jin cocked her head in confusion. “What’s country?”

“It’s basically what most of America listens to when they’re not listening to other genres. It’s like pop, but twangier, if you catch my drift. What music do you listen to?”

“Oh, I get it now! I like pop and R&B.”

Mi-Jin and I continued to talk whenever there was a gap in customers coming and going. When my shift ended at two, I asked Mi-Jin if she had Facebook.

“Yes, I do,” she said. “My profile picture is a mini-Labradoodle. It was nice meeting you, Molly!”

“Thanks; you, too,” I said with a smile.

When I got home, Skylar was watching an episode of “Dragon Tales” with my sister Allie. Skylar slowly climbed off the couch and ran to me when she saw me.

“Mama!” she babbled.

“Hi, sweetie!” I greeted, kissing Skylar on the cheek. “Were you good for Auntie Allie?”

“She was an angel,” Allie said. “How was work?”

“It was good! There’s a new girl there, and we befriended each other. She’s an immigrant from Korea named…” Suddenly, I was drawing a blank on my new friend’s name. Was it Min-Ji? Ji-Min? No, that can’t be right. “Well, shoot; now I can’t remember.”

Allie laughed. “You’ve always sucked with names. What do you know about her?”

“She’s petite, around my age, and she moved here to get away from her ex. I was just about to friend her on Facebook, actually.”

“If you can remember her name, that is.”

I laughed and playfully nudged her. “You stinker!”

After I put Skylar to bed, I finally sat down and logged into Facebook. There, I did a search for my new friend, whose name I’d come to decide was Ji-Min, looking for a person with a Labradoodle as her profile picture. Luckily, I found one in the very first hit, so I clicked “Add Friend” and sent her a message:

“Hey, it’s Molly from work! Just thought I’d shoot you a friend request.”

Users who are viewing this thread