COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Airline boss sacked over 'disgraceful' post about cabin crew on flight (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
An airline boss has reportedly been sacked after appearing to fat-shame another carrier’s cabin crew who were working on her British Airways flight.

Katarzyna Richter, director of LOT Polish Airlines,‎ was believed to have taken secret pictures of male and female workers while travelling on the British Airways flight before posting them to Facebook.

The Polish native then reportedly wrote comments attacking the workers for their weight and teeth.

Katarzyna Richter‎ has since been stood down by airline LOT Polish Airlines, and apologised for the comments. Source: Katarzyna Richter‎

Polish airline boss Katarzyna Richter‎ has been stood down after fat-shaming another carrier's workers.
"Today, my attention was drawn to grooming and appearance of British Airways cabin crew members, unpolished shoes, holes in tights, too tight uniform, double chin, rotten and uneven teeth, messy hairstyle."

Ms. Richter, who identified herself as Operations Director for LOT Polish Airlines Cabin Crew at the time of the posts, appeared to also question if the employees were as sloppy about their duties as she perceived them to be with their grooming.

The airline boss then asked passengers if they judged flight attendants by the way they looked.

Polish airline boss Katarzyna Richter‎ appeared to fat-shame British Airways cabin crew on Facebook, who were working on her flight. Source: A Fly Guy's Cabin Crew Lounge / Facebook

Katarzyna Richter‎ appeared to fat-shame the British Airways cabin crew on Facebook.
Calls for airline boss to be sacked after ‘fat-shaming’ comments
British Airways employees lashed out at Ms. Richter. “She must be sacked for fat-shaming BA crew while going about their duties.”

Others have called her “a disgrace” to the aviation industry.

“We are proud of our cabin crew and the exceptional service they deliver to our customers every day,” an airline spokeswoman said.

Following backlash from the post, LOT Polish Airlines said it had sacked Ms. Richter, describing her commentary as “unacceptable”, adding that she “crossed the ethical legal boundaries”.

Katarzyna Richter suggested the British Airways cabin crew on her flight were overweight. Source: Facebook

Katarzyna Richter suggested the British Airways cabin crew on her flight were overweight and poorly groomed.

Ms. Richter, who also runs a consultant company called Dealwithculture, has since removed the post and issued her own apology.

“I would like to apologise very much to the British Airways crew and to everyone affected by I regret my behaviour – I should not judge the competence and appearance of employees of another line I’m sorry again,” she wrote.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
why are some people so obsessed with others weight?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread