COME JOIN US!
We are a completely independent community, and we're here to help you learn about KPOP! We are free from and do not profit from any advertisements. We hope that you can discuss KPOP with us without ad-blockers.
Register Now

TV Alice in Borderland | Season 2 Discussion (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
Fandom
Neverland
Pronouns
she/her
Have you finished watching? What did you think?

I'm on my second rewatch. My book store is going to get the first half of the manga in for me (since that's all that's translated so far), which covers season 1.

So let's talk more AiB!:pikahappy:

Reactions Received
Fandom
Neverland
Pronouns
she/her
Yesterday, I was able to get a new 2023 wall calendar for Squid Game, but they didn't have any for Alice in Borderland. :bigcatcry:

But let's watch more of it this weekend~

I really like that season 2 has tons of action packed scenes like the above, but it also has space to trust its viewers to put together the surroundings, the acting, the context, and piece together what's happening without needing a character to blatantly tell you. I know that the "downtime" isn't super popular from some of the comments I've seen, but tbh, it's probably one of my favorite things about the show.

Reactions Received
Fandom
uaemidzybullet
Pronouns
She/Her
About the queen of spades, man I would have liked her to go after Usagi instead. like I know she wanted to choose Arisu for the mental gymnastics but from a technical point of view Usagi is just more useful in spades games

Reactions Received
Fandom
Neverland
Pronouns
she/her
About the queen of spades, man I would have liked her to go after Usagi instead. like I know she wanted to choose Arisu for the mental gymnastics but from a technical point of view Usagi is just more useful in spades games
I think she was jealous~ That's really the only reason she could possibly have to keep everyone but Usagi.

Kind of makes you wonder what kind of person the Queen of Spades was before she became a citizen. She strikes me as the girl that's always causing drama over her boyfriend.

Reactions Received
Fandom
Blink
I watched and now I understand why you have this profile photo my friend :sippinthetea:
I loved the season 1 and the major part of season because it involved a lot of misteries, mind games and the GOAT Chishiya :junweary:
Tho' I wasn't a fan of the end cuz it fall down the whole hype imo :taesquish:

Reactions Received
Fandom
Neverland
Pronouns
she/her
I watched and now I understand why you have this profile photo my friend :sippinthetea:
I loved the season 1 and the major part of season because it involved a lot of misteries, mind games and the GOAT Chishiya :junweary:
Tho' I wasn't a fan of the end cuz it fall down the whole hype imo :taesquish:
Yes! I'm glad you mostly liked it. I understand the Queen of Hearts isn't for everyone, though I liked that it preyed on Arisu's insecurities; so even though he's normally better at those type of games, he was also uniquely vulnerable this time. I feel like An or Chishiya would have had an easier time of it.

But there was lots of badass moments from An, Chishiya, and Kuina, so hopefully you didn't mind season 2 too much! The King of Spades successfully freaked me tf out every time, lol.

Reactions Received
Fandom
Blink
Yes! I'm glad you mostly liked it. I understand the Queen of Hearts isn't for everyone, though I liked that it preyed on Arisu's insecurities; so even though he's normally better at those type of games, he was also uniquely vulnerable this time. I feel like An or Chishiya would have had an easier time of it.

But there was lots of badass moments from An, Chishiya, and Kuina, so hopefully you didn't mind season 2 too much! The King of Spades successfully freaked me tf out every time, lol.
The queen of hearts game was okay. It was more likely the comet stuffthat I didn't like.

King of Spades wasn't my cup of tea since they didn't explain the game and that the guy was a machine who resisted to backstabbing, a bomb, a car and multiple shot. I guess it would be okay to have a character like that in the manga but imo it didn't translate that well in the serie.

The previous games were more interesting such as the King of clubs, King of Diamond (good surprise) and Jack of Heart (amazing mind game).

Reactions Received
Fandom
Neverland
Pronouns
she/her
The queen of hearts game was okay. It was more likely the comet stuffthat I didn't like.

King of Spades wasn't my cup of tea since they didn't explain the game and that the guy was a machine who resisted to backstabbing, a bomb, a car and multiple shot. I guess it would be okay to have a character like that in the manga but imo it didn't translate that well in the serie.

The previous games were more interesting such as the King of clubs, King of Diamond (good surprise) and Jack of Heart (amazing mind game).
I can see that! I think the idea is that the Borderland is a place where you're on the verge of life or death and your actions determine how things go. But I'll let you know if it's different once I finish the manga! From what I've read, though, the series cuts pretty closely to the original.

Yes, I think the face cards lived up on the whole! Everything I've learned from mystery stories is that I am lousy at deducing; I would totally die at the Jack of Hearts. I completely got bamboozled by the cute girl. I enjoyed seeing Chishiya backed into a corner and worming his way out; his luck stat must be insane. xD

Reactions Received
Fandom
Blink
I can see that! I think the idea is that the Borderland is a place where you're on the verge of life or death and your actions determine how things go. But I'll let you know if it's different once I finish the manga! From what I've read, though, the series cuts pretty closely to the original.

Yes, I think the face cards lived up on the whole! Everything I've learned from mystery stories is that I am lousy at deducing; I would totally die at the Jack of Hearts. I completely got bamboozled by the cute girl. I enjoyed seeing Chishiya backed into a corner and worming his way out; his luck stat must be insane. xD
To me the Borderland is the purgatory so I kinda agree with your view but let me know when you finish the manga.

I admit Chishiya is pretty damn luck but that's what makes his charm :jenniesmug:
I totally fanboyed him during the 2nd season and I was glad to see some evolution from him.

About the games, it would be the same for me, tbh I'm not gonna survive the first game :lisalaugh:

Reactions Received
Fandom
Harunator
I wasn't the biggest fan of the ending, but really enjoyed the series.

Chishiya and Kuina :pandalove: :pandalove:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread