All our faves are assholes (1 Viewer)

Poetry

Idol
Reactions Received
One of the reasons I'm glad my two current bias groups are rookies during COVID, is that it delays and/or limits the worshipful idolatry they would experience during concerts, award shows, walking thru airports, and in-person fan meets. Crowds of adoring faces really messes up one's mental. Not to say that there may or may not be a bunch of "yes" people surrounding them. Though I doubt it except for maybe the two "stars" of the groups. One of the aforementioned stars debuted pre-COVID, so his mental is probably already skewed.

Reactions: QueenB

SHlNEE

Idol
Reactions Received
Website
kpopsource.com
Fandom
STARWOL
Wow! Watch at own risk.

Behind the scenes everyone is an Irene apparently.

The group she said started with a G and was at a family tour is definitely Girls Generation. I just wonder which member.

who says she is speaking the truth
she got receipts?

eclipsoul

KS' #1 The Chaser enthusiast
Reactions Received
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
this doesn't surprise me at all, most idols are told to act a certain way and put on a personality behind the camera so we will never know what they're really like and that's the main reason why i don't care for personalities when it comes to stanning a group. sure it's nice to see when a kpop idol you like is genuinely a good person but i'm not going to pretend like i know them.

Drew_B

Reactions Received
Fandom
MeU
who says she is speaking the truth
she got receipts?
Why is anyone's first reaction to anything is "they lying"?

How would she have a receipt of an idol looking at her crazy as hell? Her friend wasn't hiding taking pictures of the whole thing.

eclipsoul

Reactions Received
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
with that being said i'm curious who she's talking about. the first B group seems to be bigbang after she said something about them being popular when she was in middle school and given the time they debuted it seems right.

Reactions: QueenB and Poetry

SHlNEE

Idol
Reactions Received
Website
kpopsource.com
Fandom
STARWOL
Why is anyone's first reaction to anything is "they lying"?
that is my reaction because i know what human kind is like
don't know what world you are from but most people you meet lie in your face all the time
unless you lie a lot yourself and in that case it would explain why you reply like this, in a defensive way or you just too innocent and think nobody ever lies?

i was just being realistic saying what i said
nowadays how people are and the way they live
nothing should be believed without receipts
people lie about anything nowadays just cause for silly things like wanting more attention or out of jealousy

Poetry

Idol
Reactions Received
Behind the scenes everyone is an Irene apparently.
Exaggeration. It's most likely 1-3 members of each group depending on the group size. Like 15-30% of idols.

with that being said i'm curious who she's talking about. the first B group seems to be bigbang
With the 90 degree bow detail I even knew which member she's talking about.

Regarding "the chair" story: I know someone who is like this and they are not even a celebrity. Though if he had been young during this era, he would've been street cast. He was really good-looking in his youth.

Reactions: eclipsoul

eclipsoul

Reactions Received
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
With the 90 degree bow detail I even knew which member she's talking about.
which one? i don't know bigbang members' real names but if there's someone whose last name starts with an L then he might have been mentioned twice in the video

Poetry

Idol
Reactions Received
which one? i don't know bigbang members' real names but if there's someone whose last name starts with an L then he might have been mentioned twice in the video
I didn't think the armchair story was BB but 'L' can only refer to Seungri in BB. Seungri is not known for 90-degree bows however.

Drew_B

Reactions Received
Fandom
MeU
that is my reaction because i know what human kind is like
don't know what world you are from but most people you meet lie in your face all the time
unless you lie a lot yourself and in that case it would explain why you reply like this, in a defensive way or you just too innocent and think nobody ever lies?

i was just being realistic saying what i said
nowadays how people are and the way they live
nothing should be believed without receipts
people lie about anything nowadays just cause for silly things like wanting more attention or out of jealousy
If this girl has worked in the industry which I'm sure she really has. I do t find it a stretch at all that's she come across rude celebrities numerous times.

VillageIdiot

Budding Sky Drowner, Professional Debbie Downer
Reactions Received
Fandom
JayWhyPee
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
One of the producers of Irene's movie (didn't work with her personally) said it was an industry wide problem of top idols favored by their companies letting it go to their heads. They have as many faces as people they meet. Some good remarks about their character doesn't make them immune to behavioral issues

Reactions: eclipsoul

VillageIdiot

Budding Sky Drowner, Professional Debbie Downer
Reactions Received
Fandom
JayWhyPee
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Had to play this vid at 2x speed. She speaks really slowly and takes a lot of pauses
First one is obviously Big Bang. The infamous 90 degree bow

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Fandom
MeU & MY
Ship
I wouldn’t be surprised if many idols turned out to be unable to function properly in society 100% just because of how isolated they are from everything, starting from such a young age, missing out on a lot of development and such
but I do find the trend of exposing “problematic” idols weird: lots of them could just be isolated incidents played up in gravity
why is it that we always need to see the bad sides of people and conclude that they are simply bad people? sometimes what we need is to view some things with rose tinted glasses

Reactions Received
I wouldn’t be surprised if many idols turned out to be unable to function properly in society 100% just because of how isolated they are from everything, starting from such a young age, missing out on a lot of development and such
but I do find the trend of exposing “problematic” idols weird: lots of them could just be isolated incidents played up in gravity
why is it that we always need to see the bad sides of people and conclude that they are simply bad people? sometimes what we need is to view some things with rose tinted glasses
Peoples lives suck and they want others to either be miserable or be awful people so they can fee better about their sad selves.

Obviously folks who have more than them are assholes.. , and finding any flaw is just hit with a hammer and chiseled deeper and wider.

Then ofc there is the batshit crazy check list of things all must kowtow to or they are bad people.

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Fandom
MeU & MY
Ship
Peoples lives suck and they want others to either be miserable or be awful people so they can fee better about their sad selves.

Obviously folks who have more than them are assholes.. , and finding any flaw is just hit with a hammer and chiseled deeper and wider.

Then ofc there is the batshit crazy check list of things all must kowtow to or they are bad people.
the belief that the defining traits of someone's character are their flaws is getting way too popular for my comfort and it's just...
no one is completely free of controversy, and the incessant need to prove unproblematic-ness to enjoy anything is saddening

• Love
Reactions: RandAlThor

Users who are viewing this thread