Am I Ignorant (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
Ship
Am I without intellect or any sense? Okay let me give this some context. Earlier today I ran across someone saying some sh*t about how Suju isn't an important group and they contribute nothing to k-pop or even the 2nd generation.. Of course when I think of 2nd Gen I think of TVXQ, Big Bang, U-Kiss, SNSD, 2NE1, Sistar, f(x), 4 minutes, Infinite, and many others that my brain won't register rn... But at the top of the list I also think of Suju... Am I deluded? Is Suju not important to the 2nd gen?

What are your thoughts? Is Suju important to the 2nd gen or to k-pop in general?

gongchan

River/Izz/Phoenix
Reactions Received
Website
twitter.com
Fandom
BanaCarat
Pronouns
he/him
Ship
Wreck
They are definitely important. I don't see how anyone could think they aren't.

Tickita

𝕄𝕞𝕞𝕙 𝕄𝕞𝕞𝕙. 🌹
Reactions Received
Fandom
Cassiopeia
Pronouns
she, her, auntie
They're totally important!

TaeKpop

Nugu
Reactions Received

Lucky

Trainee
Reactions Received
That's not ignorant. That's truth that Suju was important to the 2nd gen and a conductor for the evolution and spread of Hallyu wave. It seems you were talking to a fan who is more used to the newer generation and came into the generations that recently started because there's a large list of groups vital to 2nd generation but are belittled for what they have contributed. Most fans these days do not want to credit any past acts because they want to make it seem as everything was untouched before their groups came forth,and was not attempted.

They're important.: > I'm not a Suju fan nor was ever an Elf. But I do remember Sorry Sorry was a hit that spread to other countries.

TaeKpop

Nugu
Reactions Received
You have more than one mouth?!
maybe i do maybe i don't *try to act like it was a joke when whenever i type fast i make mistakes T-T as a 13yld ahhhh whyyyyy must i have this problem*

Reactions Received
I am not surprised that someone said Super Junior was not important as from what I have noticed is that people only remember the very top groups impact being Big Bang and Girls' Generation for 2nd generation.

A group like Wonder Girls gets left behind even though they are a big factor in the revival of kpop to the public with Tell Me or Super Junior being the best physical selling boy group throughout 2nd generation among other things.

The top groups of each generation got into their position as a top group for a reason and that's because they helped shaped kpop how it is today in one way or another even if it's just as simple as shifting a trend.

kinnie

(=ච ﻌ ච=)
Reactions Received
Ship
maybe i do maybe i don't *try to act like it was a joke when whenever i type fast i make mistakes T-T as a 13yld ahhhh whyyyyy must i have this problem*
You're too cute.
:pepeheart:

Reactions: karina and Chahee

Chahee

Hello Counselor Chahee
Reactions Received
Fandom
Igloonics
That's insane, Suju was everywhere even when I knew nothing about k-pop.

They surely are important.

Also Heechul is a honorary south korean citizen :sanapray:
(at least imo)

SoftGirlSummer

Girls & Peace
Reactions Received
Fandom
Yumiz
Ship
I think people know that Super Junior was an important group but because A.) They're still active and getting a fraction of the success they had at their peak or B.) Just being seen as creepy has-beens, younger fans don't acknowledge them

karina

🌈 ❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Fandom
arianator
Ship
Wreck
people for some reason always forget how insanely popular SuJu was during Second Gen. Sorry Sorry alone is one of the most known songs.

• Love
Reactions: raymondchouku

Mew

~Angel of Death~
Reactions Received
Fandom
Shawol
Yes they are important they contributed to hallyu wave immensely, started the large group trend and sub units..
and Brought to light the policy on Chinese people working in the entertainment industry, in which they could only appear on 3 broadcast station, and prior to that their faces weren't allowed to me shown. Early suju performance show hanged covering his face.
oddly enough the company weren't fully aware of until they were fined and thought his entertainment work visa was enough, however hangeng to sign contracts with two broadcast company's in order to perform with having to hide his face.
Im not sure how foreign working policy in Korea is now but mostly better than it was.

Reactions: raymondchouku

Users who are viewing this thread