COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Am I the only one who loves Aespa even more now? (1 Viewer)

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I actually love this concept with virtual members!
I mean... look at other virtual singers who have become popular, Hatsune Miku, Gorillaz etc, this isn't a new thing!
It's just new in kpop and I god damn love it!

I mostly just wonder if the virtual members are voiced by the irl members or not.... Or maybe the voices of the virtual members are based on the irl members but are controlled by smbdy else.

If done right this can make for AMAZING concerts and performances!

I am hyped, srsly so! Also Aeri is beautiful af, my bias mayhaps

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
they/them
I’m actually really excited!!!

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
for me it's not the virtual members concept itself that i dislike, it's the idea that they make virtual characters based on real human beings and make them interact with fans of the group as if they knew each other personally which might feed sasaengs' delusions and promote the obsessive fan culture that fans can "own" idols and do whatever they want with them. this makes me concerned for the real members because some people may take it too far. with that being said, i hope none of that happens and i don't want to be too judgmental before they even debuted so i'll wait to see how things turn out.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I have no problem with the general concept as vtubing is popular right now and there are already virtual groups in Jpop however what I do have the concern over is how far Soo Man wants to go with this to the point of having these AI in peoples real lives.

There are multiple things to be concerned about with that and that's the part where I think it's being taken too far and it's not like someone like Pokimane who is her own person so it's her choice but it's a company taking kids and training them for this and seemingly knowing what people might get up to as a groups maknae being 18 is surprising nowadays.

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
I like it more now that I've seen Karina's teaser with subtitles and I can see that it's gonna be a little bit like a tv show but I'm with @mysteric and hoping that they eventually "expand" to OT7 and do it quickly so there isn't too much backlash!
manifesting ot7 :sanapray:
I'm too attached to some of them

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
for me it's not the virtual members concept itself that i dislike, it's the idea that they make virtual characters based on real human beings and make them interact with fans of the group as if they knew each other personally which might feed sasaengs' delusions and promote the obsessive fan culture that fans can "own" idols and do whatever they want with them. this makes me concerned for the real members because some people may take it too far. with that being said, i hope none of that happens and i don't want to be too judgmental before they even debuted so i'll wait to see how things turn out.
Tbh I think it'll be fine with they make a very clear gap and difference between the virtual and the human versions. If they will have them be like 2 seperate identities... I'm fine with it! If anything, that'll make the sasaengs focus on the virtual members instead of the real ones!

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Can someone explain this virtual thing? I have no idea what it is.
the members of Aespa will have virtual counterparts essentially! The human members will interact with the virtual ones and I assume fans will have some way of interacting with the virtual ones as well.

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
it would also be much easier excused be weirdos who sexualize the virtual counterparts cuz well they are virtual but not real but at the end they still depict the real life member which is really bad as well

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I actually love this concept with virtual members!
I mean... look at other virtual singers who have become popular, Hatsune Miku, Gorillaz etc, this isn't a new thing!
It's just new in kpop and I god damn love it!

I mostly just wonder if the virtual members are voiced by the irl members or not.... Or maybe the voices of the virtual members are based on the irl members but are controlled by smbdy else.

If done right this can make for AMAZING concerts and performances!

I am hyped, srsly so! Also Aeri is beautiful af, my bias mayhaps
I think people are kinda shock but they'll eventually stan because as you said, this may be new to kpop but is well stablished in Japan. It would take a while to get used to but it's interesting and at least for the novelty, I'll keep an eye on the group.

Drew_B

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU
the members of Aespa will have virtual counterparts essentially! The human members will interact with the virtual ones and I assume fans will have some way of interacting with the virtual ones as well.

I watched that video and I still have no idea what just happened.

But remember back in the day when kpop was just about music? Those days weren't so bad.

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I watched that video and I still have no idea what just happened.

But remember back in the day when kpop was just about music? Those days weren't so bad.
what time was that, bcs kpop has always been more than just the music! At least as far as idols go!
This is just "Back in my days" talk here

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship

the girl prettier than i imagined in action! tho tbh i think they'll stick with this virtual thing for a year and slowly phase it out because the novelty'll get old

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
the girl prettier than i imagined in action! tho tbh i think they'll stick with this virtual thing for a year and slowly phase it out because the novelty'll get old
We will have to see ig!
I think a lot depends on how well it is executed.

Karina is stunning definitely and not in the classical kpop way. Tbh from what I've seen all the girls seem really really pretty and the Aeri, a member who hasn't been revealed yet is SO RELATABLE!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread