Sensitive Am I The Only One? (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck

Who watches this video and thinks YG's points are valid?
All I see in the comments are people saying ti was unfair-the only unfair thing is that they didn't bother to show
the girls singing and showing off that ability when we all know HaSeul is a great vocalist in particular.
But NOT a great dancer.
I understand people being upset that they edited out HaSeul in particular showing off her vocals.
But also I think YG's points about Hyunjin being really stiff are valid.
I think him saying that HaSeul's dancing was pretty bad is valid too-though he didn't need to go at her so hard.
I also think when he was talking about how he was disappointed because these girls
already sort of debuted in a sense-that makes sense too.
You'd expect them to be at a better level than this especially if they are being told
they all can release solo work.

Now, this isn't hate towards Loona nor a defense for YG because he's scum.

But I think fans in general sometimes have a hard time differentiating from valid criticism vs hate/cruelty.
This video just randomly popped up on my feed and made me think about it more.
But it's kind of sad-I mean they clearly weren't ready for a debut.
Have they grown exponentially skill-wise since then?
Heck yeah, otherwise they wouldn't be doing so good.
That's something to be acknowledged and for the girls to feel proud of but a lot of CEO's and professionals are harsh for a reason.
Because it's needed and they know what it takes to make it.

What are your thoughts on how fans seem to want to sugar coat everything?
Deny valid critiques and more?

If you have differing opinions from each other and me please just be respectful.
I don't want any fights I just want to know if there is another side to this that I am missing.
Or another perspective to look at! ^^

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Fandom
MeU & MY
Ship
yeah for sure I think fans tend to have a hard time differentiating constructive criticism with outright hate
I don’t like fans who cannot accept criticism, since it really defeats the whole idea of growth, and it starts this ridiculous amount of tiptoeing around obvious issues
I love ningning, she’s probably my ult right now, but I bet I would get dragged by MYs if I ever said that her vocals are not as solid as past SM main vocals

Lovely_Cornchips

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
yeah for sure I think fans tend to have a hard time differentiating constructive criticism with outright hate
I don’t like fans who cannot accept criticism, since it really defeats the whole idea of growth, and it starts this ridiculous amount of tiptoeing around obvious issues
I love ningning, she’s probably my ult right now, but I bet I would get dragged by MYs if I ever said that her vocals are not as solid as past SM main vocals
From what we've seen so far she hasn't proven herself vocally-she hasn't done bad by any means but there isn't much of a way to say she kills it unless we hear solo work from her. But we can be rest assured with her being in SM she can only grow vocally and she at least as a steady foundation at the moment.

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Fandom
MeU & MY
Ship
From what we've seen so far she hasn't proven herself vocally-she hasn't done bad by any means but there isn't much of a way to say she kills it unless we hear solo work from her. But we can be rest assured with her being in SM she can only grow vocally and she at least as a steady foundation at the moment.
for sure
of the past sm trainees, she def places high on the vocal ranking (maybe below plu but plu is on another level), but she’s still young so she has a lot of room to grow
but some fans put their idols on too high of pedestals, which isn’t problematic by any means, but I can’t imagine the stress idols have with dealing with a fandom that acts like they’re the second coming of jesus or something :wimwim:

• Haha
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
for sure
of the past sm trainees, she def places high on the vocal ranking (maybe below plu but plu is on another level), but she’s still young so she has a lot of room to grow
but some fans put their idols on too high of pedestals, which isn’t problematic by any means, but I can’t imagine the stress idols have with dealing with a fandom that acts like they’re the second coming of jesus or something :wimwim:
I can agree with that a hundred percent. My main bias is trash at dancing so like...
:yolk:
But at least I can admit it-he's gotten better admittedly but yeah.

Reactions: mysteric
Reactions Received
Fandom
Orbit
mixnine was a mess overall, the trainees who won didn't even debut so it was a waste of both the trainees' and the viewers' time in general. i can't dance so i won't judge them from that point, but haseul herself said that dance isn't one of her strong points. her vocals are and yet they didn't even bother to show any of that. i personally don't care for positions in k-pop groups, but i guess they're here for a reason because not every idol has to be exceptionally good at everything. i fully support constructive criticism, but laughing in front of them while haseul was speaking at 5:58 and saying things like "there are so many prettier girls than you on this bus" when yg himself looks like a reptile and 2/3 of the girls were still minors at the time is definitely far from that.

Lovely_Cornchips

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
mixnine was a mess overall, the trainees who won didn't even debut so it was a waste of both the trainees' and the viewers' time in general. i can't dance so i won't judge them from that point, but haseul herself said that dance isn't one of her strong points. her vocals are and yet they didn't even bother to show any of that. i personally don't care for positions in k-pop groups, but i guess they're here for a reason because not every idol has to be exceptionally good at everything. i fully support constructive criticism, but laughing in front of them while haseul was speaking at 5:58 and saying things like "there are so many prettier girls than you on this bus" when yg himself looks like a reptile and 2/3 of the girls were still minors at the time is definitely far from that.
I agree that Mixnine was a waste of time because YG fucked it up financially and time-wise. Like I said I agree that it was unfair to only judge HaSeul on her dancing and cut out her singing part when people know she is a much better vocalist than she is a dancer.

Also, I don't know what to say about the last part as sadly most of the people in this business are older women and men who have to decide or put their opinion forth on the attractiveness of girls and guys in order to decide who is the visual and so on and so forth. Albeit I don't think visual should even be a position in a group but that's just my personal opinion.

I don't think the process for naming a visual in a group is any different from this though if I'm being honest which is creepy.

Reactions: eclipsoul

JJbaker

Idol
Reactions Received
Website
hk.asiatatler.com
tbh what i could see in this video alone
i wouldnt taken any of them
i think he was being nicer due to loona doing well already overseas at this point
the talent level for yg trainees are ridiculously high
and they were all meh

i would never class loona a top tier talented group there a visual group tbh

Users who are viewing this thread