COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Anime Watch Club- 91 Days ep 7 (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Our third discussion thread. I hope that everyone who wanted had time to catch up a bit ^^

This time we are discussing the story all the way to episode 7. And I gotta say that ep 7 was wild, first half was quite slow and i thought the this ep would just build up the story, but lol nope the second half went all in and no shots (literally) were saved!

If everyone got back in track, i think we can discuss eps 8-10 in 7th July, but let's see first.

Anime watch club -taglist;
@Reo @yoda_erae @Darth_Felflame @Darth_berries @Yachii @Ashla_K @Vipmulti @Darth_17 @darthraine @Death_Star_NASA @notthatmarko @Jakey_Yoda @emanresu @Tpse @lexus @kodoku @Darth_Ozy

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Putting down my thoughts, i wrote a lot cause lot happened xd

EP7:

• So in the end Fango isn’t ally, just someone they had to team up for a while. In that case it makes sense to ally themselves with Fango over Orca.
  • Seems like Frate got kinda manipulated into this and Ronaldo is the big bad. He even lied to his new wife about letting Nero live if he promises to stay loyal. I wonder if he’s actually drugging Frate too, kinda doubt that stuff was just medicine.
  • Frate isn’t ok, he’s losing it. He wouldn’t be put puppet to Galassias.
  • This meeting has to be so awkward. Imagine having some coffee with ur brother who betrayed you, tries to take your place as future family head and has tried to kill you. Nero is weirdly calm about this.
  • .. Ronaldo doesn’t acknowledge him though. Frate is being incredibly pathetic here. I thought he was pretty intelligent when fooling Nero before, but the guilt and jealously has taken over him.
  • Thanks big sister, that slap was needed. I thought she didn’t rly care about Nero and the family that much, but that speech was good. Nice to finally see that she has some character too.
  • It’s pretty funny how hard Angelo works with his plans to keep Nero alive.
  • Oh.. peace was never option! I bet Angelo wanted it to be that way, to stir things up.. and now i’m pretty sure he’s going to kill this guy after using him. Yep, i’m getting better at reading his poker faces (or they just made that obvious lol).
  • I guess Angelo rly willing to anything for his revenge. Using and disposing someone like that is cold-hearted af, and seems like his plan is to have Nero and his brother to fight it to bitter death. To complete destroy Vanetti family. I think this wasn’t anymore justified, as it wasn’t self-defense and the guy had nth to do with murder of his family. He’s becoming more of villain now.
  • Ronaldo is totally drugging Frate, and I think his detoriating mental state is due to those drugs not just cause of feeling guilty and afraid.
  • Ronaldo is rly scummy guy, even manipulating his wife like that.
  • Oh god i love this woman. They rly baited us at the start with her.
  • I though Angelo was trying to make Frate to commit suicide, but guess he still had some fight left. Making Nero to kill Frate though, and Nero didn’t even realize that was going to happen. He’s savage.
  • I’m surprised Angelo let Fio to go, idk if that went over what he is willing to do for revenge- kill pregnant woman, did he just think it wasn’t necessary for his revenge or is he still planning to kill her at some point idk.

The show surprised my again, by killing lot of it’s main cast. Both Ronaldo and Frate were swiftly dealt with. And Angelo is rly becoming angel of death here, not rly caring of getting innocents involved into his revenge. He’s revenge at this point isn’t simply crossing the names out of list of those who were involved in his family’s murder, it’s to completely to destroy and bring these people down.

I’m wondering if Angelo is even being genuine to his childhood friend- or is he just using him too. If it would further his plans, would he be willing to kill him too. I’m not sure. Tbh, this episode more than most made me concerned over how much humanity Angelo rly has left. Although I’m enjoying the revenge plot, I still hope there is more in him left than just revenge. Like at first I was thinking that maybe he'd start feeling attached to Nero and his friends after escaping and trying to survive together, but nah no fear in that.

There is quite many eps left, I wonder what kind of twists will it bring. Obviously Angelo is now in better position to kill both Nero and his dad.. but he still doesn’t know anything of 4th guy.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Putting down my thoughts, i wrote a lot cause lot happened xd

EP7:

• So in the end Fango isn’t ally, just someone they had to team up for a while. In that case it makes sense to ally themselves with Fango over Orca.
  • Seems like Frate got kinda manipulated into this and Ronaldo is the big bad. He even lied to his new wife about letting Nero live if he promises to stay loyal. I wonder if he’s actually drugging Frate too, kinda doubt that stuff was just medicine.
  • Frate isn’t ok, he’s losing it. He wouldn’t be put puppet to Galassias.
  • This meeting has to be so awkward. Imagine having some coffee with ur brother who betrayed you, tries to take your place as future family head and has tried to kill you. Nero is weirdly calm about this.
  • .. Ronaldo doesn’t acknowledge him though. Frate is being incredibly pathetic here. I thought he was pretty intelligent when fooling Nero before, but the guilt and jealously has taken over him.
  • Thanks big sister, that slap was needed. I thought she didn’t rly care about Nero and the family that much, but that speech was good. Nice to finally see that she has some character too.
  • It’s pretty funny how hard Angelo works with his plans to keep Nero alive.
  • Oh.. peace was never option! I bet Angelo wanted it to be that way, to stir things up.. and now i’m pretty sure he’s going to kill this guy after using him. Yep, i’m getting better at reading his poker faces (or they just made that obvious lol).
  • I guess Angelo rly willing to anything for his revenge. Using and disposing someone like that is cold-hearted af, and seems like his plan is to have Nero and his brother to fight it to bitter death. To complete destroy Vanetti family. I think this wasn’t anymore justified, as it wasn’t self-defense and the guy had nth to do with murder of his family. He’s becoming more of villain now.
  • Ronaldo is totally drugging Frate, and I think his detoriating mental state is due to those drugs not just cause of feeling guilty and afraid.
  • Ronaldo is rly scummy guy, even manipulating his wife like that.
  • Oh god i love this woman. They rly baited us at the start with her.
  • I though Angelo was trying to make Frate to commit suicide, but guess he still had some fight left. Making Nero to kill Frate though, and Nero didn’t even realize that was going to happen. He’s savage.
  • I’m surprised Angelo let Fio to go, idk if that went over what he is willing to do for revenge- kill pregnant woman, did he just think it wasn’t necessary for his revenge or is he still planning to kill her at some point idk.

The show surprised my again, by killing lot of it’s main cast. Both Ronaldo and Frate were swiftly dealt with. And Angelo is rly becoming angel of death here, not rly caring of getting innocents involved into his revenge. He’s revenge at this point isn’t simply crossing the names out of list of those who were involved in his family’s murder, it’s to completely to destroy and bring these people down.

I’m wondering if Angelo is even being genuine to his childhood friend- or is he just using him too. If it would further his plans, would he be willing to kill him too. I’m not sure. Tbh, this episode more than most made me concerned over how much humanity Angelo rly has left. Although I’m enjoying the revenge plot, I still hope there is more in him left than just revenge. Like at first I was thinking that maybe he'd start feeling attached to Nero and his friends after escaping and trying to survive together, but nah no fear in that.

There is quite many eps left, I wonder what kind of twists will it bring. Obviously Angelo is now in better position to kill both Nero and his dad.. but he still doesn’t know anything of 4th guy.
Ep.7 is really were this show starts to kick in...

• Fango only does good to himself, like almost everyone else in the show.
    [*]Ronaldo only married Fio for business purposes, although, they seem to know each other well. The Galassias are the most powerful family and to maintain their share of the business, the Vanetti (Nero's family) arraged the marriege with Fiona to appease the Galassias. The whole conflict with Nero vs Ronaldo-Frate, is that Nero pushes for Vanetti's independence (he even has his own booze) while Fate believes, their family won't survive if Galassias decide to go to war with them (breaking their alliance. Ronaldo manipulates Frate because he's weak to begin with and is jealous of Nero.
    [*]I never expected Fio to kill someone, let alone her husband. She was like a background character but at the end her family came first although it didn't turn out as she expected.
    [*]The first time I watched ep.7 I thought Angelo killed that guy because he failed to kill Ronaldo but now that I think about the outcome would have been the same regardless. Angelo is really cold...
    [*]And talking about being cold... when Angelo took Frate's gun I thought he would just leave and let them both to kill each other and everything would end there... I was so wrong, he was not taking any chances and made sure to take the bullets out of Frate's gun just so Nero would easily kill him and secure his own position at Nero's side.
    [*]Fio is not a target because she's pregnant.

From this point onwards, the only thing I can tell you is to brace yourselves, because shit is going down.

Last edited:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I must say I was waiting for this episode, here is when shit really starts to go down. As I stated before this series really subverts your expectations, ep. 7 is the proof of it.

The first time I watched

Ep.7 is really were this show starts to kick in...

• Fango only does good to himself, like almost everyone else in the show.
    [*]Ronaldo only married Fio for business purposes, although, they seem to know each other well. The Galassias are the most powerful family and to maintain their share of the business, the Vanetti (Nero's family) arraged the marriege with Fiona to appease the Galassias. The whole conflict with Nero vs Ronaldo-Frate, is that Nero pushes for Vanetti's independence (he even has his own booze) while Fate believes, their family won't survive if Galassias decide to go to war with them (breaking their alliance. Ronaldo manipulates Frate because he's weak to begin with and is jealous of Nero.
    [*]I never expected Fio to kill someone, let alone her husband. She was like a background character but at the end her family came first although it didn't turn out as she expected.
    [*]The first time I watched ep.7 I thought Angelo killed that guy because he failed to kill Ronaldo but now that I think about the outcome would have been the same regardless. Angelo is really cold...
    [*]And talking about being cold... when Angelo took Frate's gun I thought he would just leave and let them both to kill each other and everything would end there... I was so wrong, he was not taking any chances and made sure to take the bullets out of Frate's gun just so Nero would easily kill him and secure his own position at Nero's side.
    [*]Fio is not a target because she's pregnant.

From this point onwards, the only thing I can tell you is to brace yourselves, because shit is going down.
I definitely think this was the no return episode. Nero had still a chance to bring his family back together and Angelo had still chance to abandon his revenge- though I didn't think he would. But after this there is no way for Nero to be happy again with his family in pieces and there is no way Angelo is going to back now, he's full on this revenge.

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
Reactions Received
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
YOLO
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I really like this anime!! The characters' build-ups are interesting! Spoiler maybe -->Angelo ready do be trying to get that revenge checked off his bucket list. These characters are actually pretty interesting. I'll write more once I get more thoughts haha

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Ship
I feel bad for Frate, he was so easily manipulated by that Ronaldo guy because of his inferiority complex. He really thought he'd be in power if he killed Nero too... how naive, i'm sure he would've had a real nice life and married a sweet lady and had a cute family in the countryside or smth if he was born into a different family. There were a lot of things that happened in this episode that surprised me but i'd say the most shocking thing was when Frate shot and nothing came out, Nero only shot back in self defense but because of Angelo he actually essentially just murdered his lil brother, and it doesn't seem like he noticed either, thats real sad man, real sad.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I really like this anime!! The characters' build-ups are interesting! Spoiler maybe -->Angelo ready do be trying to get that revenge checked off his bucket list. These characters are actually pretty interesting. I'll write more once I get more thoughts haha
Characters are pretty nice so far, they are different shades of grey and it's hard to say someone is just bad guy or good guy- they are looking out for themselves and their loved ones. Though I think Angelo has lately rly been embracing the dark side more, I'm wondering if he will hesitate at all.

I feel bad for Frate, he was so easily manipulated by that Ronaldo guy because of his inferiority complex. He really thought he'd be in power if he killed Nero too... how naive, i'm sure he would've had a real nice life and married a sweet lady and had a cute family in the countryside or smth if he was born into a different family. There were a lot of things that happened in this episode that surprised me but i'd say the most shocking thing was when Frate shot and nothing came out, Nero only shot back in self defense but because of Angelo he actually essentially just murdered his lil brother, and it doesn't seem like he noticed either, thats real sad man, real sad.
I feel bad for him too, he rly got used. Even Angelo used him in the end. It was cruel how he tricked Nero into killing his own brother. At this point his revenge is not just killing the people who killed his family, it's destroying them, especially Nero.

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
So these are all over the place because I wrote some stuff down while watching it so some of my questions were answered by the end.
That said, I watched up to episode 9 so far (I thought this would be up to ep 9 not 7) and the episodes up to 9 were really boring for me. Honestly at this point I’m just watching this show for the sake of wasting time. I can’t say I’m enjoying it really. It’s okay but all of my guesses at this point have turned out to be true. The show is too predictable. I’m just hoping by the end there’s some character development at least. Angelo's character is really the only interesting thing at the moment but it's going to suck if he stays like this until the end.

Episode 7 notes:
Looks like Ronaldo is drugging Frate. Seems his ultimate goal is to take over the Vanetti family by killing the brothers. That way, his child will be the heir and he'll probably take over since his wife can't (she's female) and their child will be too young. Also wow, Angelo is very manipulative. Funnily, he has more evil tendencies than Nero and his group, it seems.

I hope someone gets rid of Ronaldo already though. He's frustrating me a lot and somehow he's making me feel bad towards the Vinetti family who will all die in the end anyway..

Ooooohhhhhh okay I'm at the end now and YES! Ronaldo's dead! The sister is probably my favourite character in this show right now.

And once again, I'm amazed by how manipulative Angelo is... He's seriously crazy. I'm also impressed by how he manages to think everything multiple steps in advance. Everything he does seems so random but ends up falling into place. He started a war between brothers, had Nero's sister kill her husband, had Nero kill his brother and then in the end it all worked out in Nero's favour which will sadly be his downfall... Crazy.

I'm hoping there's some sort of positive character development on Angelo's character. Everything he does is for revenge and I feel bad for him. He thinks once he gets his revenge he'll be free and will live happily but I doubt that's going to be the case. He's just going to have nothing to do afterwards. I won't be surprised if his final goal is death.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread