COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Any Wood Carvers Here??? (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Hey, so I know this is INCREDIBLY random but this year for Christmas I wanted to carve something by hand for my grandpa. The only issue is I have never done this with wood-I've only messed with stone which was MUCH easier than this. I want this gift to be extra special but I'm failing epically at getting the basic shape of a heart cut out of my basswood.

Any tips? Also, I keep accidentally stabbing my fingers even when I don't point the tools towards me. I'm using Basswood by the way since it's a softwood. But I'm really struggling here and I want this to be special-It'll be our first Christmas without grandma and I want him to know it won't be awful without her.
I've tried finding shit online to help but NONE of them are using the tools I'm using so it isn't really useful.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
If you can find good beginner resources please hook me up too TT I’m too intimidated to even touch my tools

I’m sorry I can’t help but good luck 💜 your grandpa is going to love it regardless because he’ll see the time you put in

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Hey, so I know this is INCREDIBLY random but this year for Christmas I wanted to carve something by hand for my grandpa. The only issue is I have never done this with wood-I've only messed with stone which was MUCH easier than this. I want this gift to be extra special but I'm failing epically at getting the basic shape of a heart cut out of my basswood.

Any tips? Also, I keep accidentally stabbing my fingers even when I don't point the tools towards me. I'm using Basswood by the way since it's a softwood. But I'm really struggling here and I want this to be special-It'll be our first Christmas without grandma and I want him to know it won't be awful without her.
I've tried finding shit online to help but NONE of them are using the tools I'm using so it isn't really useful.
What tools n wat size r they tat u r using? Iv done sculptural wood carving/clay sculpting b4 but not in last 20 yrs or more. I just bought small carving tools a long while bk(last yr but nvr used them yet).

So i think the tools u r using shd fit the job. Do you hv a table/fixed clamp? (Im not sure how much help i can be or if im a hindrance, i just hv general advice from my limited 20+ yrs ago experience)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
What tools n wat size r they tat u r using? Iv done sculptural wood carving/clay sculpting b4 but not in last 20 yrs or more. I just bought small carving tools a long while bk(last yr but nvr used them yet).

So i think the tools u r using shd fit the job. Do you hv a table/fixed clamp? (Im not sure how much help i can be or if im a hindrance, i just hv general advice from my limited 20+ yrs ago experience)
I have smaller more beginner type carving tools. I have twelve different ones with different heads. My dad probably has a table top clamp that I can use. I know how to use bigger wood cutting tools because of a previous job but I'll leave that part up to my dad.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
I have smaller more beginner type carving tools. I have twelve different ones with different heads. My dad probably has a table top clamp that I can use. I know how to use bigger wood cutting tools because of a previous job but I'll leave that part up to my dad.
I found this:
But i hvnt vetted the links/videos/advice cos i wasnt sure of ur expertise/experience level. Do you hv pictures of ur tools u could post here or in pinterest/tumblr/somewhere? Or r the links in the google search helpful to u? Wats ur timeline for completion n how much free time do u hv between now n ur completion date? Or try n watch the videos n see if theyre wat ur gonna find helpful more than written answer back n forth. Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread