Sensitive Anyone Who Dissociates? (2 Viewers)

Lovely_Cornchips

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
I realize this is a sensitive subject matter but I've been dissociating way more frequently than I used to-it used to happen a couple of times a year but within the last three months it's happened at least twice. I mean I was normally able to get through a year with maybe one dissociative episode that was bad. But I had two recently that were pretty bad and I don't know what to do? I talked to my therapist after the first one-but after my session today I had another really bad one and I walked out on my boyfriend and drove home and really didn't communicate with him and it could've been a REALLY dangerous situation.

I don't know how to cope with these episodes or deal with them properly and I was hoping for some tips until my next appointment in case it happens again.

brekker

Star
Reactions Received
Wreck
I´d suggest to find something that keeps you "there"? Maybe watch out for some signals that are telling you that an episode is coming again and try to warn the people that you trust? Text, give them a call so they might keep an eye on you? I´d try writing a journal and observe yourself. This could keep you present and also might help your therapist to better understand and help you.

Stay safe and take care of yourself. Also try to take some rest, sleep and eat well this can have a huge impact, especially now since it´s winter. Make sure you eat enough vitamins and think about your diet, eat enough nuts and nutritious stuff no matter now banal it might sound. Food is important.
Also I think music can help in that case.

Tickita

𝕄𝕞𝕞𝕙 𝕄𝕞𝕞𝕙. 🌹
Reactions Received
Website
tickita.carrd.co
Pronouns
she, her, auntie
Writing and pouring my thoughts on paper really helps. Getting in a quiet space, no distractions, and taking deep breaths. Lately I've been crying more, and letting it all out, which feels good.

geegell

Idol
Reactions Received
Pronouns
☾ he/him ☽
@yellowcoat has really amazing suggestions. i just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. i dissociate too sometimes. it's part of why i don't drive because sometimes i dissociate and get in the car and it's scary to think about. breathing exercises, grounding yourself, and writing out your triggers helps somewhat. i'm not very helpful, sorry !! i'm still figuring out how to deal with it myself.

Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips
Reactions Received
Ship
Sending you love and support in this difficult time. I know myself how hard it can be to deal with such episodes. While I don't suffer from Dissociative Episodes. I do frequently suffer from Epileptic Seizures and such things can be a b**h and disruptive to your life..
I´d suggest to find something that keeps you "there"? Maybe watch out for some signals that are telling you that an episode is coming again and try to warn the people that you trust? Text, give them a call so they might keep an eye on you? I´d try writing a journal and observe yourself. This could keep you present and also might help your therapist to better understand and help you.
I'd say this is good. really good advise. :pandalove:

Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Users who are viewing this thread