Are all men expendable? (1 Viewer)

Drew_B

Reactions Received
Fandom
MeU
I just feel like men are disposable.

Like 1k men could die in a single accident and sure people would be sad and upset but it would still be like "that sucks but at least we still got plenty of them on the planet".

But if it was 1k women the entire country would mourn and there may even be a day reserved to celebrate them every year.

SHlNEE

Idol
Reactions Received
Website
kpopsource.com
Fandom
STARWOL
I just feel like men are disposable.

Like 1k men could die in a single accident and sure people would be sad and upset but it would still be like "that sucks but at least we still got plenty of them on the planet".

But if it was 1k women the entire country would mourn and there may even be a day reserved to celebrate them every year.
Because women are more awesome?
:wimwim: :jenniesmug: :llama_laugh: :wimwim::lisalaugh:

• Love
Reactions: kinnie and Tickita

VillageIdiot

Budding Sky Drowner, Professional Debbie Downer
Reactions Received
Fandom
JayWhyPee
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Urgh...

Reactions: kinnie

Tickita

𝕄𝕞𝕞𝕙 𝕄𝕞𝕞𝕙. 🌹
Reactions Received
Website
tickita.carrd.co
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, auntie
....I wanna know where exactly are you coming from....?

Somebody's still gonna mourn those men if they die. And that statement of us having plenty more is pretty dismissive; would people really say that? (rhetorical, genuinely wondering)
And when it comes to the women dying, I think it depends on where the women come from if they'll get a holiday... Well, you said the entire country so I guess that country might give them a day.

Not sure what else to say right now..... is there a specific reason why you think men are expendable?

hAJIMAAAA

Trainee
Reactions Received
no human life is, or should ever be, expendable. I'm not going to go deeper into the topic but i'd like to first hear why you say that.

Drew_B

Reactions Received
Fandom
MeU
....I wanna know where exactly are you coming from....?

Somebody's still gonna mourn those men if they die. And that statement of us having plenty more is pretty dismissive; would people really say that? (rhetorical, genuinely wondering)
And when it comes to the women dying, I think it depends on where the women come from if they'll get a holiday... Well, you said the entire country so I guess that country might give them a day.

Not sure what else to say right now..... is there a specific reason why you think men are expendable?
I guess it comes down mostly to the history of war and that's what makes me think about this sometimes.

Especially the Vietnam War. They knew Americans were being massacred by the thousands but that still wasn't enough for them to withdraw when they should have.

"We lost 5k soldiers yesterday"

"Well send in 10k today. Victory at whatever cost".

Last edited:
Reactions: Tickita

hAJIMAAAA

Trainee
Reactions Received
I guess it comes down mostly to the history of war and that's what makes me think about this sometimes.

Especially the Vietnam War. They knew Americans were being massacred by the thousands but that still wasn't enough for them to withdraw when they should have.

"We lost 5k soldiers today"

quite the opposite, that's exactly why they withdrew, and that's exactly why war propaganda hasn't worked since then and approval of wars tends to be rare. And even then, the fact that people disapprove of these wars doesn't mean politicians will stop sending men to war, it doesn't mean they would care, the only time they would care is when their approval and therefore their careers and interests are negatively affected more by supporting than by rejecting, which is exactly what happened during the Vietnam War, it's just a game of interest as all politics are.

Reactions: Drew_B

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Fandom
MeU & MY
Ship
no?
certain groups will hold more outrage over certain deaths but saying that no one will care is basically impossible
femicide never really got a lot of traction until lately

Vikki

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

"We lost 5k soldiers today"

No one was for the war other than politicians though, and they don’t give a shit the gender of those who died.

brekker

Star
Reactions Received
Wreck
I think you are exaggerating a little. Just because women are suddenly gaining more power in the past years than let´s say they have ever had in general history and it might make some feel like they are living in the feminised world because there is a lot of stress for equality and constant debate whether men and women are equal, to what point they are etc. I guess all that talk might create a general feeling that women and girls are preferred, but I honestly doubt that people would mourn anyone more.

In war, men die and when there is war, soldiers (and those are mostly men die) die, that is expected. We cannot even phantom the pain that people had to feel during wartimes. Losing people, watching others die, watching others losing limbs. But women suffer in wars too, just differently.
However, when a soldier dies there are women crying for him too - what about his mother, sister, wife, daughter? I´m sure it´s not that one-sided. However, I admire you for even asking such a question on here. People generally seem to avoid publishing their slightly controversial opinions on here :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sally Chill Zone 10
burnenemy Chill Zone 1
burnenemy Chill Zone 20
brekker Chill Zone 0
Lovely_Cornchips Chill Zone 1