COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Appreciation [B Side Appreciation]: Weeekly's Hello is one of the best B-sides of the year!! (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Weeekly are already my ROTY, their debut title Tag Me was really catchy, and their concept feels refreshing in a sea of girl crush/badass concepts. They are innocent, but not overly cute, and give off this fresh, energetic vibe that is becoming few and far between in Kpop today.

For the most part, the girls have also been promoted well by PlayM, and their debut EP has sold over 10K copies already, which is great for a non big 3 rookie GG. The girls are all really pretty and talented- they can sing and dance really well, and their live stages have been great. The choreo is creative, esp with the desk moves.

Anyway, their whole debut EP is a solid 9/10, every track is good and well produced. But the highlight is definitely the B-side Hello.

It starts with a few chanty verses, but then transitions into an actual singing verse with a great melody. And then the prechorus hits, followed by one of the best choruses of the year, and especially Monday and Soeun with their vocals really shine here. The post chorus part is also done well, it carries off the chorus momentum and very gradually slows it down for the 2nd verse to begin again. And finally the bridge followed by the high note and harmonies, idk how else to describe it, but it's a song that puts a smile on my face :pepeheart:

They've even sang it live:

And they've performed it in some music shows too:

The song gives me some early Fromis_9 or even some Oh My Girl B-side vibes, was a really pleasant discovery. Might be among my top 3 bsides this year.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Nobody even saw this thread, what a flop :wimwim:
Don't let Weeekly flop tho or I'll come for your soul :pandacop:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Great EP in general but yeah I agree, Hello is their best song for now. ❤
Yes whole EP is great and I especially love how Monday and Soeun vocals complement each other so well :pepeheart:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I just saw this in my you tube surfing ... very nice

maybe i ll listen to eman i did watch the 3 mission deal..

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I just saw this in my you tube surfing ... very nice

maybe i ll listen to eman i did watch the 3 mission deal..
It's really good, great to see a group with this concept again, and the songs are catchy and the girls can all sing and dance really well.
Kinda gives me early Fromis_9 vibes too lol.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
It's really good, great to see a group with this concept again, and the songs are catchy and the girls can all sing and dance really well.
Kinda gives me early Fromis_9 vibes too lol.
it was funny they are so young members did not know mr simple or mr mr..........

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
it was funny they are so young members did not know mr simple or mr mr..........
Oh yeah I saw that lmao, I think Monday and Soeun knew the Mr Simple dance, they were showing it to the member who forgot the choreo lol. She kept showing something like pizza haha.
Their high school Kpop song was like Exo- Growl, they're so young :yolk:

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
weekly is really great. a definitely good rookie

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread