be honest..do y’all like online concerts? (1 Viewer)

Mangoey

Future Canadian hobo
Reactions Received
Ship
Yeah lol I don't like them very much either. I feel like the main reason to go to a concert is for the atmosphere and when you're sitting at home looking at a screen, none of that really comes through. You might as well just watch their mvs or other free recorded live performances.

eclipsoul

KS' #1 The Chaser enthusiast
Reactions Received
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
i only like them when they're free :icgyu:

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Unless they are free, I'm not gonna pay for something I can 99% of the time watch later when someone tapes it or never watch it cause I don't watch every single performance ever.

Live concerts are fine cause you get to see them in person and maybe even somehow interact and show to them how many loving fans they have and such...

Reactions: Cinnamon

sapphielix

Flop
Reactions Received
Fandom
Multi ♡
i don't pay for them so yes :sanapray:

Tickita

𝕄𝕞𝕞𝕙 𝕄𝕞𝕞𝕙. 🌹
Reactions Received
Website
tickita.carrd.co
Pronouns
she, her, auntie
Yes, I like both

Yolks

✦ Hwang Hyunjin ✦
Reactions Received
Ship
Nope, I don't see the point of paying a ton of money to sit in front of a screen and essentially just watch a video. It's just like watching a youtube video for free, and I barely even watch live performances anyways. I'm all in for supporting artists and I do buy a lot of stuff from my favorite groups anyways, but online concerts are just not it ... :wimwim:

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
If I’m honest it’s definitely not the most amazing thing because it’s just not the same, but if I said I’ve never paid for online concerts I’d be lying... I love Ateez okay :maheart: and with one I also got some cute photo cards of the guys so I felt like that one was 100% worth it:sakUwu:

marublade

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
Honestly MOST of the online concerts in kpop have been plain bad.
They've basically been music show performances stringed together and not the usual concert where you get out of the norm choreos, remixes, fancy stages etc

The only one I've seen that did a really good job was Seventeen! I've seen a few amazing ones in jpop too.

PWSwan

Reactions Received
Yes, if they're trying to replicate a standard concert.

No, if they're doing a completely different concert concept because of the inherent difference between watching a concert in person and watching one at home.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
Ship
I don't mind them but if I could rather watch an old live concert stage where they're performing for a sold out crowd, I'd def prefer that over a live online concert.
No amount of VR can match a live audience, even when you're just watching through a screen. It's why I prefer stuff like this:

Online concerts are cool, but it's just a glammed up music show stage in all aspects lol.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
Ship
That's just a bad online concert imo
Yeah but even the best is just good up to a point for me lol, I'd rather watch a compilation of like MAMA stages or concert DVDs where there's actual crowd interaction.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Fandom
GoldenStar
It depends, the SMTown was too fractured n tho free i only watched the gg stages. Those i enjoyed.

The other ones i liked mostly involved Oh My Girl, except i dint watch the paid OMG or BP. So idk, others iv not been as interested in. Mostly like the free OMG festival/uni online concerts/performances. Others are kinda up n down for me, like some-others werre meh or dint watch.

Yachii

Reactions Received
Website
www.last.fm
Fandom
Hackers
It's difficult to say. There's the matter of the whole point of concerts being to see the artists presently perform along with many other people. Seeing a screen is not really seeing them, but a representation of them in pixels on a relatively small screen. There is also the matter of those concerts being so far away that traveling there would cost much more than the ticket price. And there is also the matter of contributing to the artists success by paying for a ticket. Generally speaking, taking everything into account, I think it's worth it if you have the money to spend.

Users who are viewing this thread