COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Belgium might split soon... (1 Viewer)

Agree? Disagree?

• Flanders-Wallonia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Belgium

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
So I wanted to look at other, non-Belgian people's opinion.

With this whole Marrakech-pact thing going on (our prime minister is in Marrakech, may or may not sign), Flemish separists are at it again.
Wallonia wants the pact to be signed, the government wants to as well, HOWEVER, the Flemish people don't want it. They are angry at the government to not listen to the majority of the people.

Why? Well, I can't blame the working people. Immigrants come to Flanders, not Wallonia. People who have been waiting on free housing for years get kicked of the list and get replaced by immigrants: a trick of the gov to not seem racist. Working people have a small loan left because they pay for retirements (cuz people live longer) AND they pay for the workless people, which grows more and more and is miss-used.
Furthermore, Flemish people's money gets invested in Wallonia, which is poorer than Flanders. So they pay for things they can't enjoy (e.g public infrastructure). Also, a Walloon's vote counts 3 times in elections.

It's a fact that we hate each other's guts. Wallonian people expect Flemish people to adjust to them and they feel superior to Flemish people, whilst Flemish people think Walloons are lazy and enjoy our money and they blame everything on them.
We never were a country to begin with. We never felt like one. We are 2 different people, forced to live as one.

So, what's your opinion? Do you agree with separists?

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
I literally know nothing about the issue, but if Wallonia is really taking advantage of Flanders then I guess separation is in order.
It is... complicated.
I gave a short summary in the OP.
Thing is, separists have tried in the past as well but it never comes to a referendum, because it would be way too difficult to host as Walloons votes will probably count 3 times and a lot of them know that without Flanders, they're screwed

Reactions Received
KS Coins
It is... complicated.
I gave a short summary in the OP.
Thing is, separists have tried in the past as well but it never comes to a referendum, because it would be way too difficult to host as Walloons votes will probably count 3 times and a lot of them know that without Flanders, they're screwed
Why would Wallonia votes be counted 3 times?

Soogi

radical kyeominist
Reactions Received
Website
kyeomblr.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
KYEOM CULT
Pronouns
she / her
Ship
Also, a Walloon's vote counts 3 times in elections.
wait,, seriously? im from belgium too but ive never heard of this and i cant find anything about it either, are you sure its not just a myth or misconception? i know our system is a mess but--

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
wait,, seriously? im from belgium too but ive never heard of this and i cant find anything about it either, are you sure its not just a myth or misconception? i know our system is a mess but--
Yea I've read this somewhere recently.
I think it's for federal elections as there are more Flemish people than Walloons

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread