COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Appreciation Best Bleach Arc? (poll) (1 Viewer)

Best Bleach Arc?

• Substitute Shinigami

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Soul Society

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Arrancar

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Arrancar: The Battle of Karakura

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thousand-Year Blood War

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
What is your favorite Bleach arc?

Compared to One Piece, there really isn't many, especially if filler arcs aren't included :jisoosmh:

Also, I feel like one arc will definitely win this one..

Going with major arcs:

Agent of the Shinigami / The Substitute (ep 1-20)

Ichigo becomes Shinigami

Soul Society (21-63)

Rukia's rescue from Soul Society

Arrancar (110-167, 190-205)

Orihime's rescue from Hueco Mundo

Arrancar: Battle of Karakura (213-229, 266-316)

Aizen attacks Karakura town

The Thousand-Year Blood War (manga-only, volumes 55-74 (end))

Quincys challenge Soul Reapers to final battle

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
My favorite is definitely Soul Society arc. The fights weren't as dragged out with that one, or it didnt' feel like that. It was also pretty exciting, but also sad, to wait for Rukia's rescue to happen. Then there was big reveal towards the end.

My second favorite would be actually filler arc that I didn't include, but it is the one where Zanpakutou's (shinigami swords) had rebellion against shinigamis.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Substitute Shinigami, Soul Society arc being a close second

Thousand year war was their most interesting one plotline-wise but I still couldn't get through it all

Arrancar was the worst. I seriously hate that Arc and all the characters that came with it.

Honestly, Bleach's storyline seemed to flip flop from basically non-existent to unnecessarily convoluted with little in-between

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Substitute Shinigami, Soul Society arc being a close second

Thousand year war was their most interesting one plotline-wise but I still couldn't get through it all

Arrancar was the worst. I seriously hate that Arc and all the characters that came with it.

Honestly, Bleach's storyline seemed to flip flop from basically non-existent to unnecessarily convoluted with little in-between
I don't think plot and even less overall plot is Bleaches strong points, I did the One Piece one first and then I was going through Bleach arcs and just realizing how much less plot there is and how it's kinda plain.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
yea
unpopular opinion ahaha
it was intresting....

i guess if i really think about it, subsitute shinigami would be tied in second...

its the reason why i love one piece so much, the plot is so great,
me : Luffy trying to become the pirate king is the plot
friend: oh. that sounds boring
me: hold my strawhat, this rubber man is about to end your whole career
Yea i feel like lot of people had already fallen out of Bleach when Thousand War arc finally came. I just found it quite weird :jisoosmh:

One Piece is rly good with plot. You have overarching plot which somehow stays pretty coherent even if there is almost 1k episodes and chapters, and Oda returns to former plot points often building on them. Then you have smaller arcs, which still can be huge, but that work as story of their own and even smaller story flashbacks within those. So there is definitely a lot going on, but most of the time it makes sense.

In other hand some arcs like Battle of Katakara's town are pretty much.. people are fighting in air... they are still fighting.. some people lost and some won their battles.. fighting... Aizen is now butterfly... end. Other than fights you don't get that much substance. Best parts in Bleach for me were Aizen's plots, not the last ones but the ones he had in the past where he pretended to be good guy.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Soul Society is the peak really. Having to rescue Rukia, getting introduced to Bankai for the first time, that Ichigo vs Byakuya fight, and of course Aizen. After that it's basically a rapid descent into bad storytelling.

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
First arc is actually decent.

If becomes too much cliche after that

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ReVeluv
I almost voted Soul Society, but I loved many of the Arrancar characters
(Looking back, this is probably due to fandom reasons xD).

So, realistically, Soul Society
But my heart is hugging all my Arrancar babies so.
Yeah, Soul Society (even though I didn't vote for it) xD

ETA: The Thousand-Year Blood War can die.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I almost voted Soul Society, but I loved many of the Arrancar characters
(Looking back, this is probably due to fandom reasons xD).

So, realistically, Soul Society
But my heart is hugging all my Arrancar babies so.
Yeah, Soul Society (even though I didn't vote for it) xD

ETA: The Thousand-Year Blood War can die.
Arrancar arc brought lot of great baddies to series, also the music was great, all the latin stuff durin Hueco Mundos arc :D

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I claim to be an anime fan but have watched only a few episodes of Bleach, so I don't know. I'm a shame for the anime community
:jisoosmh:
In retrospect, you aren't missing much :yolk:

Bleach had it's moment, but lot of issues as well. There is better stuff around.

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Bleach is one of the rare popular anime I haven't watched, never was too interested, watched a few on TV... Not sure I'll ever get to watching it especially with newer anime.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I had bigger problems with this than with the naruto one, because I've only seen Bleach once and totally forget a lot of things about it.
But I remember that I enjoyed the Soul society arc. It was amazing. After that the whole anime went downhill imo.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Bleach is one of the rare popular anime I haven't watched, never was too interested, watched a few on TV... Not sure I'll ever get to watching it especially with newer anime.
If you want sometime, you could watch it until the Battle of Karakura is over. And skip all the filler seasons in the middle. That should bring the episode count down a lot. It has some great characters and fights, but overall seeing what other anime is out there, Bleach isn't rly worth ur time :yolk:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Wait a minute... So there was another arc after Aizen was defeated??
:taesip::wonugl:
Yep, there was.. anime filler arc and anime ended there. And there was final arc in manga that ended the story :jisoosmh:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
the thousand Year blood war. Though to be honest I just love any episode that Byakuya is in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread