blackpink would not be in the same position as 2ne1 if another gg in YG debuted (1 Viewer)

amourpinks

Idol
Reactions Received
I've seen a lot of people saying that once the new girl group debuts, yg will sideline Blackpink the same way they sidelined 2ne1 which ended up in their disbandment.

I understand that people are still bitter over 2ne1 disbanding and will forever call Blackpink copies of 2ne1 but cmon not everything that happened to 2ne1 is going to happen to Blackpink. especially when they aren't in the same position at all.

first of all, idk why people like to act 2ne1 was doing amazing and yg just decided to disband them because of Blackpink's debut, no that's not what happened at all. 2ne1 had multiple scandals, including the biggest scandal which happens to be boms drug scandal which made her essentially ghost from the group because of mental health and backlash. not to mention minzy left 2ne1. overall 2ne1 as a group wasn't exactly stable. Blackpink's isn't like that at all, so far, the girls haven't gotten into any serious scandals that has affected their careers. the only thing that Blackpink has gone through is a dating scandal which didn't affect them at all because people didn't care about it. blackpink is the biggest they've ever been and the most stable they've ever been in terms of group image. not only is their popularity going up in Korea but it's also going up internationally at an alarming rate. blackpink and the future girl group wouldnt be in the same situation where bp would be going downhill to the point where yg would disband them.

not to mention, I know that I joke about yg hating blackpink (because they do) but disbanding a group or sidelining a group that is essentially hard carrying yg in both image and financially, would be incredibly stupid. blackpink is the only popular group that yg has at the moment. no offense to 2ne1 because they definitely were incredibly popular, but at the time big bang was still huge and ikon/winner was doing pretty well for themselves. if yg lost 2ne1 they could replace the void in time with big bang. if yg loses Blackpink...who else will replace them? there's no other big supergroup to replace them because Blackpink is that big super group. the new girl group will not get as much hype as Blackpink considering yg is not who they once were in terms of image. not to mention the girl groups in the 4th gen are struggling enough as it is to stay afloat. they wouldn't be there to replace blackpinks void.

not to mention the fact that blinks hate yg and anything that comes out of it so if yg were going to sideline blackpink for a new girl group theyre not gonna just be complacent, dont forget who started the truck trend to protest at companies buildings.

so when I see people say that the same thing that happened to 2ne1 is going to happen to blackpink, i immediately face palm because both groups are not in the same situation at all.

Jimimis

Star
Reactions Received
Fandom
ARMY
Ship
I am once again begging ppl to tldr their posts

amourpinks

Idol
Reactions Received
I am once again begging ppl to tldr their posts
tldr
blackpink big group; 2ne1 unstable group; not same situation; sideline big group is big no no when no one can replace big group.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimimis

Jimimis

Star
Reactions Received
Fandom
ARMY
Ship
tldr
blackpink big group; 2ne1 unstable group; not same situation; sideline big group is big no no when no one can replace big group.
Genius take love it

• Haha
Reactions: amourpinks

SoftGirlSummer

Girls & Peace
Reactions Received
Fandom
Yumiz
Ship
BLACKPINK is bigger than YGE. Despite their best efforts, there isn't much yg can do to bring them down. Somebody's gotta bankroll these groups

Reactions Received
Pronouns
She/Her
I mean, YG obviously won't disband them but it's normal for a company to put their efforts and recourses into a new group first.
Time will tell if Blackpink's promotions (especially as a group) will suffer from it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread