COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Can we really hate an Idol ? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
Website
www.allkpop.com
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I get disliking certain celebrities
I'll be completely honest, I have my fair share of celebs that I don't like

but, to go as far as say you hate them especially when you never MET them
to me I don't understand

Watching one minute interviews and thinking you know the person is funny

How can you form a opinion on someone you don't know?

so, I guess my question is
can we really hate an idol ?
:dubuthink::dubuthink:

Seungri excluded

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Feel like people who have strong feelings for a celebrities are compansating lack of feelings for people around them. No matter if the feelings are positive or negative.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
well then how can you dislike an idol if you never met them either? how can you love an idol if you never met them?

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I honestly can never understand the hatered some people feel. Hate in general is such a strong word that I personally dislike using

Reactions Received
Website
www.allkpop.com
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
well then how can you dislike an idol if you never met them either? how can you love an idol if you never met them?
Disliking and hating are different.
Disliking is less personal, it can be for any number of reasons, just an oder, appearance, a remark or a feeling. Hating is completely different and more personal.
I'm talking about assuming who they are and thinking its ok to hate on someone because of what you deem them to be, You can't hate them because you don't know them.

if that makes sense.

Last edited:

dooh

Jensetter <3 Jennie
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Totally agree on your opinion @JenJenLisa . For me its not possible to hate an idol. :dubuthink:
I would even go much further, there is no room for dislike, cuz i dont care much enough :sippinthetea:

BUT somehow i dislike or even hate the behavior of many kpop-fans against others & idols
:nekopout::nobully:

Reactions Received
Website
www.allkpop.com
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Totally agree on your opinion @JenJenLisa . For me its not possible to hate an idol. :dubuthink:
I would even go much further, there is no room for dislike, cuz i dont care much enough :sippinthetea:

BUT somehow i dislike or even hate the behavior of many kpop-fans against others & idols
:nekopout::nobully:
:sippinthetea: :sippinthetea:

also, your Weki meki Sig :sj_weary::sj_weary::sj_weary::sj_weary:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I agree. I have better things in my life than hating people that I don’t even know except when they are culprit of some serious wrong doings. Everyone know whom I am talking about.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Boy are you wrong :pandahappy: My hate is what defines me

Reactions Received
KS Coins
If we can love an idol we can also hate one. Emotions are a two way street, you can't just only feel one way and the range of how everyone feels them are different.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I agree to extent. There's none in kpop but there are celebrities you can hate even if they aren't criminals. Not all bad/questionable people get arrested.

But for just regular unproblematic idols I think it definitely is just a strong dislike.
Seungri excluded
I read this as Seulgi at first and was like "What did she do to you?!?" Lol

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I don't think you can, and it's just like why would you? it's a complete waste of time and energy "hating" someone, especially someone who'll never know you even exist lol

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
Reactions Received
Website
www.last.fm
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L?
Ship
Wreck
Loving or hating seems like extreme emotions for someone you don't know personally.

Dislike I definitely understand, some people just rub you the wrong way or don't give off the best vibes. I don't see it as a huge problem.

Though I think when people say "I love X idol," they don't mean love exactly. They have positive feelings toward that person—respect, admiration, and strong liking, possibly attraction (to looks).

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think you can, even when you take out criminals like Jonghoon. Its really about your values and feelings, while some people might consider hate personal, others might not. In the same vein someone could take something personally, even if its general statements like not approving of the LGBT community. It really depends on the person involved.
Its nice and pretty to say that you can't hate other idols but it really just isnt true, I personally have idols that I love and idols that I hate, and for people really deep into the community I don't think its uncommon.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
well yes celebrites have been killed due to hatred...

and kpop idols have got threats

Reactions Received
Website
www.allkpop.com
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Loving or hating seems like extreme emotions for someone you don't know personally.

Dislike I definitely understand, some people just rub you the wrong way or don't give off the best vibes. I don't see it as a huge problem.

Though I think when people say "I love X idol," they don't mean love exactly. They have positive feelings toward that person—respect, admiration, and strong liking, possibly attraction (to looks).
Yeah, Exactly.... This is everything that i wanted to say :queen:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread