COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Fanfiction Chapter 1 of a new fanfic I'm writing! (1 Viewer)

ParksQueen301

Park boys are king
Reactions Received
Website
www.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Well, it's more like a new old one. lol I wrote it a long time ago on my old hard drive and recently decided to revamp it! It's based on your favorite Avril song and mine, Sk8er Boi! This is a 5SOS one and not K-pop, jbc the plot would work better with them. But READ IT ANYWAY! :chickill: :YeKill:

Chapter 1

Erin Meyer parked in her driveway and got out with her purse. She’d just returned from her part-time waitressing job and, while she thoroughly enjoyed working at the café, was ready to be home with her infant daughter.

After she unlocked her front door, Erin entered the house to find the babysitter, Mrs. Lee, sitting on the couch and watching a soap on TV.

“Hey, Mrs. Lee,” she greeted the sitter, earning Mrs. Lee’s undivided attention. “How was Hazel today?”

“She was great,” Mrs. Lee reported. “She’s asleep in her crib right now.”

“That’s good.” Erin produced a twenty from her purse and gave it to the middle-aged woman as the usual payment. After she saw Mrs. Lee out the door, Erin headed to Hazel’s nursery to wake her up.

“Hey, baby girl!” Erin cooed, undoing Hazel’s swaddle. “Mommy’s home! Did you have a good nap?”

Hazel gurgled in response, and after she changed her diaper, Erin brought her downstairs, turned the TV back on, and settled down to breastfeed her.

Erin had flipped through about thirty channels when something that was on MTV caught her eye. It was a music video for a rock song she’d never heard before, and since it had a good, catchy beat, Erin decided to stay there.

“They say we’re losers, and we’re alright with that,” the lead singer of the band sang out. “We are the leaders of the not-coming-back…”

Then, a very familiar face appeared on the screen as he rocked it out on his guitar. It was none other than Michael Clifford, the guy she’d constantly turned down in middle school because she’d thought he wasn’t her type.

“Holy fudge!” Erin swore, picking up her cell phone. She had to tell all of her friends about this, because after he’d moved away, Michael had seemed to fall off the face of the earth.

“Hola, como estas?” Alex Casillas greeted when she answered the first call.

“Muy bien,” Erin replied. “Listen, do you happen to remember a Michael Clifford from school?”

“Si! Por que?”

“You’re not going to believe this, but I just saw him in a music video!”

Alex was confused for a second until she realized her friend was referring to the guitarist of 5 Seconds of Summer, whom she’d gotten tickets to see that weekend. “Oh, yeah! He’s in a famous band now – 5 Seconds of Summer!”

Erin laughed. “You’re kidding me!”

“No, I’m not! They’re about to finish their first headlining tour in West Palm Beach. And you’re in luck because I have an extra ticket! I was going to take Jen, but she has to work that night.”

“I don’t know,” Erin said. “When is the concert?”

“It’s Sunday night, three days from now. Do you think you can find a sitter for Kylie by then?”

Erin sighed. “This is awfully short notice.”

“Please, Erin?” Alex protested, now practically begging. “It’s either you or going alone, and you know I hate being alone at concerts! Besides, (1) you can always bring Kylie with you if the sitter thing doesn’t work out, and (2) I’m willing to bet Michael would be floored to see you there.”

“Well, I suppose she could wear earplugs to drown out the noise. Alright, I’ll come. I’m not promising he’ll even remember me, though. And what if he’s taken now?”

Alex hesitated in amazement. If there was one thing she remembered about Erin and Michael’s relationship, or lack thereof, it was that Erin didn’t like him back despite his advances. “You’re worried that he’s taken? I never knew you actually had a crush on him!”

“I did, but he just wasn’t my type. And judging from the video, he hasn’t really changed much. But yeah, I’ll go to the concert with you.”

“Great! Muchas gracias, mi amiga!”

“De nada.”

As it turned out, Mrs. Lee couldn’t babysit on Sunday night because she had a prior commitment. Therefore, Erin ended up bringing Kylie along to the concert.

By the time Erin and Kylie got to the venue at 6:30 to meet up with Alex, the outside of the building was already packed with fans, making it hard to find Alex without texting her.

Momentarily after she received the response that Alex would be there shortly, Alex came into view from the crowd and hugged both girls as a greeting. Pushing Kylie in her stroller, Erin followed Alex through security and into the arena, where they quickly found their seats in the front row.

“So, they’re a rock band, huh?” Erin asked her friend.

“Yeah, they’ve been together since 2011,” Alex replied. “You will really like what they have in store for us; they put on quite the show!”

“Oh, cool! Why don’t you introduce me to the members?”

“Of course! There’s Luke Hemmings on lead vocals, Michael on guitar, Calum Hood on bass, and Ashton Irwin on drums. Would you like to hear some of the music beforehand or be surprised?”

“Surprises are fun; save it for the concert.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread