Discussion Chen Lost About 20 Fansites (1 Viewer)

MinSquishy

Idol
Reaction score
Ship
Wreck
Oh my god.... People, just be happy for the man!

emanresu

Idol
Reaction score
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
That's the nature of the beast.

Despite objections by many in the international community, romantic fantasy is a central foundation of the idol game.

Intentionally so. The industry provides what is desired.

Young, attractive, and ostensibly available romantic partner surrogates that also.... provide music.

And though the common response is to attack individuals as being delusional.... "Don't they know they are never going to be with them?"

It misses the actual point. It's not about obtaining. It's about the willful perpetuation of the fantasy.

To an arguable extent, one of the foundational "jobs" of an idol is to be appealing in this nature. That's how they are trained and groomed.

That fantasy is also, for better or worse, arguably the biggest factor alongside the music that fuels this industry and its mass appeal and growth.

And I don't want people to mistake my words as an attack on Chen. I am obviously happy for him. It's a wonderful thing for him and his newfound family.

But rather it's to point out that this is a natural progression of the how the industry works.

As idols age and move into more personal endeavors that take them away from that fantasy they cultivated in their younger years, some portion of the fanbase will inevitably be shed. And that's okay. Chen will retain those that love him for other reasons. And will continue into his pursuits while making way for a new generation of fantasy entrants. And so on.

My ultimate point is.... It would be hard to have the immense idol industry as we know it.... Where we have this dazzling industry of young attractive stars to engage with in their musical and other entertainment pursuits.... Without the fantasy aspect. That is at the core of celebrity.

darthraine

Idol
Reaction score
Website
heyitsmeee2.tumblr.com
Ship
wow. my dude getting married up here. (congrats chen)

a 27. year. old. male. is getting married. and starting a family. and people decide hey you're going to be happy right? well I don't like that,,,

Jimin

Spooks the Friendly Ghost — 👻
Reaction score
Ship
Aaaaaaand I'm not surprised in the slightest. Kpop fandom in general will keep being its ugly self. :kijoongstare:

Queen

Idol
Reaction score
Good riddance. Get rid of the fake fans. Also, maybe if the kexo-ls drop like flies SM will focus on international fans 😂
Well he is a semi stand up guy. Waiting until she is 7 months if that is true is less than ideal behavior.
Hopefully he asked her months ago.
The 7 months thing was a rumor and has been denied by SM, along with getting married today/recently. I've read she's actually only around 2 months which is about 6-7 weeks which is usually when women start to learn that they are pregnant. In his letter he kind of alludes to already have been planning on getting married and working out how to go about announcing it and the baby was a something they just recently learned about.

The jokes about her being 7 months pregnant are great though lmao

Reaction score
Good riddance. Get rid of the fake fans. Also, maybe if the kexo-ls drop like flies SM will focus on international fans 😂

The 7 months thing was a rumor and has been denied by SM, along with getting married today/recently. I've read she's actually only around 2 months which is about 6-7 weeks which is usually when women start to learn that they are pregnant. In his letter he kind of alludes to already have been planning on getting married and working out how to go about announcing it and the baby was a something they just recently learned about.

The jokes about her being 7 months pregnant are great though lmao
That's good. Makes sense it was 7 weeks and some trans fubared it to months.

7 months bugged me because that is kinda cruel to the woman you love who likely had big dreams for her wedding. Gonna be enough of a circus without that.

amourpinks

Idol
Reaction score
if companies want these types of things to stop happening then they need to stop marketing idols as fan's personal objects for their dreams and fantasies. you can still have fan service without making it seem like idols actually know who their fans are personally. many kpop artists have ben fed up with their fans lately, and rightfully so. idols do not know who you are, they aren't ever gonna be your boyfriend or girlfriend and that's what fans like these don't understand because of how companies market their idols.

Queen

Idol
Reaction score
That's good. Makes sense it was 7 weeks and some trans fubared it to months.

7 months bugged me because that is kinda cruel to the woman you love who likely had big dreams for her wedding. Gonna be enough of a circus without that.
oh yeah I totally agree. If he had waited 7 months I'd have a totally different opinion lol. Yeah that's what i'm thinking happened. I think right now there's going to be a lot of rumors and anything will send people spiraling lol

OnCloudJess

Jentle Jessture
Reaction score
Ship
That's the nature of the beast.

Despite objections by many in the international community, romantic fantasy is a central foundation of the idol game.

Intentionally so. The industry provides what is desired.

Young, attractive, and ostensibly available romantic partner surrogates that also.... provide music.

And though the common response is to attack individuals as being delusional.... "Don't they know they are never going to be with them?"

It misses the actual point. It's not about obtaining. It's about the willful perpetuation of the fantasy.

To an arguable extent, one of the foundational "jobs" of an idol is to be appealing in this nature. That's how they are trained and groomed.

That fantasy is also, for better or worse, arguably the biggest factor alongside the music that fuels this industry and its mass appeal and growth.

And I don't want people to mistake my words as an attack on Chen. I am obviously happy for him. It's a wonderful thing for him and his newfound family.

But rather it's to point out that this is a natural progression of the how the industry works.

As idols age and move into more personal endeavors that take them away from that fantasy they cultivated in their younger years, some portion of the fanbase will inevitably be shed. And that's okay. Chen will retain those that love him for other reasons. And will continue into his pursuits while making way for a new generation of fantasy entrants. And so on.

My ultimate point is.... It would be hard to have the immense idol industry as we know it.... Where we have this dazzling industry of young attractive stars to engage with in their musical and other entertainment pursuits.... Without the fantasy aspect. That is at the core of celebrity.
Your presence on this forum can only be described as Red Velvetian or Sour Patch Kids-esque
The mind of the standard fanboy is more complex than one would initially believe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)