Interview CL and the one who must not be named... (1 Viewer)

Ashla_K

Idol
Reactions Received
CL had a recent interview with Billboard to talk about her upcoming album +Alpha+ and her new path as an independent artist but apparently the bad blood between CL and the one (or the company) who must not be named is pretty much there...
Full article

Just to be clear, she didn't say anything bad about her former label but the fact she requested something like this is very telling. I think at this point we may never know exactly what went wrong.
As always I wish her the best luck with her album. I think we will see a renewed CL, fully grown and in control of her creative process.
@Blackjack @Girl Group

QueenB

Celebrity
Reactions Received
probably legally can't say anything and best to distance at this point

Ashla_K

Idol
Reactions Received
probably legally can't say anything and best to distance at this point
Well, according to the writer they tried to get a response from the company (for the article) but they didn't say anything. I guess both parties came to a legal arrangement of no aggression.

Ashla_K

Idol
Reactions Received
What's so bad about **? (the company we're not supposed to say the name of)
About CL and ** in particular, their business (and personal with YHS) relationship broke to the point they were actively sabotaging her career. There was a now infamous comment of CL pleading YHS on IG (yes on IG) to answer her calls and that performance for the winter Olympics, she had to do everything on her own because the company did not provide staff or money for it.

karina

🌈 ❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Fandom
arianator
Ship
Wreck
and thats why she remains the best

Ashla_K

Idol
Reactions Received
I think she's just gotta be overly cautious when talking to western press because they can be messy and Korea has super strict defamation laws.
I hadn't seen it that way but it makes sense. Anyways, I don't think CL needs that kind of attention at this point in her career and YGE has plenty shit on its plate already, so it's good they're not going at each other throats.

Last edited:

SoftGirlSummer

Girls & Peace
Reactions Received
Fandom
Yumiz
Ship
And it's the one person we need to hear talking about them :nayeonisdone:

Reactions Received
I’m not surprised Kpop companies are super controlling so we shouldn’t be surprised if many of them have their artist sign NDAs.

Anyways, I think I’m gonna do a thread about ex-idols like CL making new paths for themselves at their own companies or smaller ones. It’s an interesting topic, personally I think this pattern began with Jay Park. I STILLL wished CL at the very least established Very Cherry with them some how😭.

Reactions: Ashla_K

Users who are viewing this thread