COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News CL confirmed to have left YG (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm glad she left, YG really has nothing left to offer any artist. I don't see anything changing with the CEO changing (or supposedly changing)

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I am so happy that she left

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Finally! I hope she can now have the chance to release as much music as she could possibly like.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Is it sad to say, I feel like anyone who renews with YG deserves what comes after? Even if ti means boycotting by fans. I totally understand the faer of groups leaving and trying to stay together. It's never as simple as bye cya later and continuing on. But I don't see iKon, Winner or Akmu having any issues finding a new home. Especially with Psy having his own company.

I just don't see YG changing as a company. They are running as if nothing has happened. Instead of showing a new side of YG it feels like the same old company that YG ran.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Is it sad to say, I feel like anyone who renews with YG deserves what comes after? Even if ti means boycotting by fans. I totally understand the faer of groups leaving and trying to stay together. It's never as simple as bye cya later and continuing on. But I don't see iKon, Winner or Akmu having any issues finding a new home. Especially with Psy having his own company.

I just don't see YG changing as a company. They are running as if nothing has happened. Instead of showing a new side of YG it feels like the same old company that YG ran.
It's probably because nothing has changed since even though the brothers lost their position they are still pretty big shareholders.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm glad she left, YG really has nothing left to offer any artist. I don't see anything changing with the CEO changing (or supposedly changing)
You're right. Even if YHS is not there anymore most of the people who worked with him, including the shareholders, still in the company. Those are the same people who silently agreed to everything YHS did to CL, it was just impossible for her to trust anyone.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Hopefully, Dara leaves soon too and we can get a 2NE1 reunion!
This would be amazing honestly and I think they would still slay, and I feel like that's what the members want too. It just comes up if they can get into companies or company that would support it.

They have skill for song-writing too. Crush was received rly well and CL wrote lyrics for multiple songs and was one of composers for three songs. Minzy has been interested of song-writing as well. And there is composers who still want to write songs for 2NE1 like Bom's Spring was first composed for 2NE1.

YG doesn't even realize what it lost.

You're right. Even if YHS is not there anymore most of the people who worked with him, including the shareholders, still in the company. Those are the same people who silently agreed to everything YHS did to CL, it was just impossible for her to trust anyone.
I read somewhere that she was repeatedly removed from comeback line-up.. there is no reason for her to trust the company to do right by her anymore.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
This would be amazing honestly and I think they would still slay, and I feel like that's what the members want too. It just comes up if they can get into companies or company that would support it.

They have skill for song-writing too. Crush was received rly well and CL wrote lyrics for multiple songs and was one of composers for three songs. Minzy has been interested of song-writing as well. And there is composers who still want to write songs for 2NE1 like Bom's Spring was first composed for 2NE1.

YG doesn't even realize what it lost.

I read somewhere that she was repeatedly removed from comeback line-up.. there is no reason for her to trust the company to do right by her anymore.
I could just see them going with Boms company between Minzy suing her company so she'll be companyless if it works out, CL is companyless and Dara would have to leave YG for anything to happen which would make her companyless.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I could just see them going with Boms company between Minzy suing her company so she'll be companyless if it works out, CL is companyless and Dara would have to leave YG for anything to happen which would make her companyless.
It's definitely possibility. D.Nation is pretty new company and build around Bom so I'm not sure if it's big enough for all of 2NE1 I mean is there enough staff and stuff like that. But in other hand some small companies have big ass group so 4 member group might not be too much and company could grow a lot with 2NE1.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
It's definitely possibility. D.Nation is pretty new company and build around Bom so I'm not sure if it's big enough for all of 2NE1 I mean is there enough staff and stuff like that. But in other hand some small companies have big ass group so 4 member group might not be too much and company could grow a lot with 2NE1.
They are fairly nugu as a company but they do have Bom so they can't be worse than the other companies who'd take all of the members, there are likely very few better options for companies who'd want to snag 2NE1 since most focus on building new brands and not working on an old brand so out of a company that would want to do that P-Nation is probably the only one better.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I would love to see all the girls under D.Nation but I'm not sure if their financial situation is good enough to handle them as group. I mean, it seems like they're doing good, since D.nation changed headquarters soon after Bom debuted but still they just have to worry about her and maybe that's the reason why they don't seem to be struggling.
I honestly don't care in which company CL ends up as long as she has the freedom to
create her own material.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I would love to see all the girls under D.Nation but I'm not sure if their financial situation is good enough to handle them as group. I mean, it seems like they're doing good, since D.nation changed headquarters soon after Bom debuted but still they just have to worry about her and maybe that's the reason why they don't seem to be struggling.
I honestly don't care in which company CL ends up as long as she has the freedom to
create her own material.
I think they'd definitely struggle to start off with since they'd need to rebrand the group and that's pretty expensive but if they could pull off a comeback then 2NE1 will probably pay for themselves since Bom sold 22k with her album so with all 4 of them I could see them selling a good amount.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I think they'd definitely struggle to start off with since they'd need to rebrand the group and that's pretty expensive but if they could pull off a comeback then 2NE1 will probably pay for themselves since Bom sold 22k with her album so with all 4 of them I could see them selling a good amount.
And personally i think 2NE1 has always been better- and more popular- as a group, i think it would benefit all of the members.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread