CL RECORDED A VERSION OF "LET ME LOVE YOU" BY JUSTIN BIEBER AND DJ SNAKE. (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
I really don't know what to say. CL, her American team and probably even some celebrities have been working diligently for 4-5 years but YGE has literally gone out of their way to end her career.

Not letting your artist release major features, albums, even photo shoots, and interviews is just straight up sabotage, not being slow or mismanagement.

CL's song Lifted charted at 94 or 93 on the Billboard 100 and Hello Bitches on Gaon at 21. She made history being the first solo female Korean artist to do so, has anyone else did that? This is all without proper promotion, management and in spite of Kpop fans shitting over her solo American singles and antis mocking/downplaying her. Who knows how successful she would have been.

Last edited:

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
Reactions Received
Website
www.last.fm
Ship
Wreck
At this point I do believe YG is overly controlling and perhaps even intentionally sabatoging her. They could do the decent thing and let her American team manage her, but they don't even let her do anything for years.

This is truly sad tbh. I hope CL leaves YG for good when her contract is up. YG is a sinking ship anyway.

VillageIdiot

Budding Sky Drowner, Professional Debbie Downer
Reactions Received
Fandom
JayWhyPee
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
It's the same reason they didn't want Ikon to release Ls, why Minzy's solo got scrapped, why no one's heard from Lee Hi, why AKMU's Suhyun doesn't have any songs and why Blackpink is on tour with 9 songs.

YG is just so greedy and selfish. He wants his artists to go on dozens of tours and be profitable but is too scared of them being able to survive without him. Everyone there is made to feel like they aren't good enough for him so of course they aren't good enough for any other company. Especially the women.
Dickless coward

I'm in shock. Cl had a song of that magnitude and she wasn't able to release it.

Reactions Received
It's the same reason they didn't want Ikon to release Ls, why Minzy's solo got scrapped, why no one's heard from Lee Hi, why AKMU's Suhyun doesn't have any songs and why Blackpink is on tour with 9 songs.

YG is just so greedy and selfish. He wants his artists to go on dozens of tours and be profitable but is too scared of them being able to survive without him. Everyone there is made to feel like they aren't good enough for him so of course they aren't good enough for any other company. Especially the women.
Dickless coward

I'm in shock. Cl had a song of that magnitude and she wasn't able to release it.
With all those others as bad as it is, its YG's trying and failing to manage. But with CL post-2016 its been straight up sabotage and blocking her from advancing her career. It's twisted and no one knows why as CL had fan power and literally just made history pretty much with only herself and her following in the US. She has songs that can fill several albums and God knows how many features. After the Olympics, her manager revealed YG scrapped an interview she was supposed to do with The Fader and YG previously didn't let a photoshoot of hers be released. It's sick.

Ashla_K

Idol
Reactions Received
I saw it on IG and it's unbelieveable. I want to understand what's going through YHS' head but it goes beyond my comprehension.
What's even the point of it? Why would you sabotage your artist like this? Isn't it good for your business to have a high profile star? Why?? just why??
:pepecry1::pepecry1::pepecry1:

Reactions Received
I saw it on IG and it's unbelieveable. I want to understand what's going through YHS' head but it goes beyond my comprehension.
What's even the point of it? Why would you sabotage your artist like this? Isn't it good for your business to have a high profile star? Why?? just why??
:pepecry1::pepecry1::pepecry1:
The good news is with Brian Lee, the original song writer posting this, and some other strange post I think CL is getting out soon.

Reactions: Ashla_K
Reactions Received
Karma is already hitting him, not hard enough though...
:chickill:
I follow Asian Junkie doing the best reporting on this whole scandal. The government and public are serious. I also read a article by a Korean journalist about YG'S finances and it's what I've been saying; the company is going down in value, and BlackPink is not saving YG at all. So we will see what happens to Yang going forward.

Reactions: mirella and Ashla_K

Ashla_K

Idol
Reactions Received
The good news is with Brian Lee, the original song writer posting this, and some other strange post I think CL is getting out soon.
I hope so. At this point there's no other way for CL to do something good for her career.
This is so frustrating and exhausting, ugghhh...
:pepecry2::pepecry2:

Reactions: QueenGirlCrush

Ashla_K

Idol
Reactions Received
I follow Asian Junkie doing the best reporting on this whole scandal. The government and public are serious. I also read a article by a Korean journalist about YG'S finances and it's what I've been saying; the company is going down in value, and BlackPink is not saving YG at all. So we will see what happens to Yang going forward.
Despite what GP says, investors are pretty fine with YSH and his brother. At least, YMS should've been kicked out for stupid but it didn't happen. Shareholders decided he will stay as the CEO and if you ask me, regardless of YHS' known incompetence, his brother is even worse. Idk how something could get better in that company doing the same shitty management.

Reactions Received
Despite what GP says, investors are pretty fine with YSH and his brother. At least, YMS should've been kicked out for stupid but it didn't happen. Shareholders decided he will stay as the CEO and if you ask me, regardless of YHS' known incompetence, his brother is even worse. Idk how something could get better in that company doing the same shitty management.
What I mean is the investigation is getting hot. This administration isn't allied with YG, in fact they came to be by taking down the one YG was more than likely tied to. So regardless of the investors YGE could still in troubled water unless YG is innocent or they have connections still.

The shareholders only care about money and are part of the incompetency of the company, this is one in many horrible decisions.

Reactions: Ashla_K
Reactions Received
I genuinely believe CL could have broke into the western market with easily if YG let fuckin scooter Braun did his dropped. I HATED THIS SONG but won’t deny this song was practically a global hit. I feel Scooter had everything laid out for CL but YG was so damn controlling. AND FOR WHAT?!??? WHAT IS YG DOING WITH CL NOW? NOTHING!!! this shit is irritating.

Reactions: QueenGirlCrush
Reactions Received
I actually love
I genuinely believe CL could have broke into the western market with easily if YG let fuckin scooter Braun did his dropped. I HATED THIS SONG but won’t deny this song was practically a global hit. I feel Scooter had everything laid out for CL but YG was so damn controlling. AND FOR WHAT?!??? WHAT IS YG DOING WITH CL NOW? NOTHING!!! this shit is irritating.
I actually love this song and listened to it after lol.

I don't know if this was a feature or her own song, I think it was meant for her because she sang alot of parts. Either way it would have done wonders if it was her and JB or even just her, even if with her solo it wasn't a global hit.

Bom doing so well on US iTunes makes me think CL may still have a shoot in the States.

Reactions: twentyfivedollar

Ashla_K

Idol
Reactions Received
He should at least let her take her songs with her when she leaves
He won't. Minzy's whole ass album is still in YG'S volt.
If CL' songs are registered as hers, then she has all the rights over them but if she is sharing credits with others under YGE, is possible she could not release anything unless the profit is shared among the parties. On Minzy's case, it looks like YGE has all the rights, so it wouldn't be surprising if some of those songs ended up rearranged for any other artist.

Users who are viewing this thread