Sensitive Couples & Illness (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

!!!Girl Group Stan!!!
Reactions Received
Ship
So this is a question about relationships.

I've heard and read in a couple of different places that relationships typically don't work out if both people in it have a mental disorder or struggle with the same thing like addiction. So I was wondering if you hold this same sentiment, or if it changes depending on the situation. Would you date someone who suffers from the same issue or problem you suffer from?

Personally, I understand when it comes to addiction because I think relapses could possibly be more likely to occur if the couple is both addicted to the same substance. But when it comes to other problems I can maybe see it working out. For instance, my boyfriend and I both have anxiety and ADHD. We are at different levels and severity but it makes it so we relate on a lot of different things and are a bit more understanding towards certain things.

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
Ship
I wasn't in this situation, but I can see why it might be easier to understand each other :maheart:

Yili

✨Moodzy Alice✨
Reactions Received
Fandom
Multistan
Ship
I think it depends on the couple but I think that it is possible to have a relationship with someone who has a mental disorder/struggle that is similar to yours. If the partners are understanding of each other while also respecting their own mental health then I think it can work out.

SHlNEE

Idol
Reactions Received
Website
kpopsource.com
Fandom
STARWOL
When it comes to mental disorders it really depends.... Ain't nobody needs and should want to be in a relationship with a sociopath or narcissist....

Anyways
I think it won't unless you talking about addiction indeed, if one or both is weak... That is just asking for disaster in a way

I know someone who married his girlfriend, his wife now, knowing she was severely sick... Cancer and more
He still married her anyways and now he is in a marriage with someone who can't do much at all, she still sick a lot and she can't even cook or do normal things at home or with their pets
She Is in bed a lot etc
.... The guy is not even 35 years old

He got a terribly hard life cause of it as it gives them a lot of stress
Yet somehow he can still go on and stay by her side....

Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Users who are viewing this thread