COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Darth Vader Issue #6-10 Review (1 Viewer)

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Well I won't go through the story cause nobodys gonna read that anyway imma just review what I can

Soooo Grand Inquisitor ey? I haven't watched rebels yet so I'm not as knowledgeable in that part of SW lore but I know he's really creepy and annoying with that stupid spinning saber of his. The inquisitors have also made an appearance, heavily in Jedi:Fallen Order
So much so that one of the characters from the first issues, dies or at least is deathly defeated in the game, by the player character, which I find awesome. I'm really glad to find out more about them and such especially since Vader is going to train them. The Grand one losing to Vader so easily tho... I find that fascinating but not really a surprise seeing as well... he kinda does the same thing in the game, just a little differently.

Vader designing his own suit is really cool too makes it feel like a custom made car rather than just an armor given to him.

I like how Palpatine turns every issue into a propaganda filled head-scratcher. It's obvious he's both trying to manipulate and saying a bit of the truth but not it's entirety, he looks at it in his own way without trying to look at it from another perspective... which is ofc, a standard thing to do when you're...evil. So yea no surprises there but the way he talks it could lead a reader to actually believe the entirety of his story. Although the Jedi did take anything and everything they found (as would LITERALLY ANYONE EVER) unlike the rest of the galaxy they did not use these artifacts, they hid them so that they could not cause harm to others. Like a good guy would...
I'd comment more but it's honestly very up in the air as to how you want to look at the different sides in Star Wars. Whether they actually are just good vs evil or are they necessary for there to be balance or whatever...

I also find it fascinating how Palpatine says "find her and save her life", I wonder what they'll actually do.
Palpatine does say a lot of smart shit in these few chapters tho, it's pretty cool to see seeing as despite everything he's done and how much he's manipulated behind the scenes you sometimes forget just how smart he is. Since he fucks it all up in the end, TWICE.

Vader meditating looks so god damn cool. I legit want to draw this on my own somehow.
Oh my god what a fucking prideful woman... srsly... you jumped down to fight the inquisitor because he was throwing the books... really... now this is the level of stupidity that just reduces the quality of this comic from 10/10 to 6/10... fucking hell.

And now... she drops a literally entire pile of the books onto the 2 of them. SO YOU CAN DO THAT BUT YOU CAN'T LET A RANDOM IDIOT THROW A SINGLE BOOK AROUND???
Well at least she did smn smart and deleted all the data... saves her just a teenie-tiny bit. And that riffle is kinda cool. The robot catching the lightsaber tho... that was awesome but they downplayed it by him getting utterly murdered seconds after, it makes sense but still...

The fight didn't have any real impact besides obviously seeing another Jedi telling Anakin that he's a pawn and that what he's doing will bite him in his ass one day. And the fact that he doesn't let her die is really interesting in the sense that it's obvious but like while she's falling you don't really think "oh yea he's gonna pull her up", he still does tho.
She hates the clones so much lmao, just goes off like "Ya fokin twat, the dude ya been lisenin to is a Jeda night" and then they just die lol.

Ooooh yeaaaa I forgot that Ashla mentioned in her review that he destroyed the data about the children... wow. That actually was a bit of a surprise but it's deff good to see him do smn like that. The last few pannels of the issue are so well made... the dude being sad after finally understanding what must be done... and than hope, Luke finding the area... wholesome, really wholesome and it actually means all of it wasn't in vain despite the jedi being... well... bluntly stupid.

I really liked these few issues, although I didn't get as much from the Inquisition as I would have liked maybe they talk about them more in the next few issues. The story itself was definitely interesting, a lot of plot points were solved and explained and Anakin was once again put into the "I'm bad but not that bad territory" which is good.
The stupidity of the jedi still bugs me but hey... it's the only downside to these few chapters really.

8/10 just cause she was stupid

@yoda_jen @Darth_17 @Darth_Kuro @Xeulgi
Please gib me points
(Imo, I deserve around... 150~)​

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
KING STRIKES AGAIN

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread