Did Anyone Participate In Track And Field? (1 Viewer)

Did you participate in track and field?

• Total voters

Minuteman

Another Settlement Needs Your Help
Reactions Received
Ship
Did anyone here participate in track and field in middle school, high school, college, or even professionally? If you did, what events did you participate in?

I only ran track for three years (7th, 8th, and 9th grade) and then I quit because I didn't like high school track. For the next three years, I helped with track as an assistant at my former middle school, and for the past 5 years I have been coaching the long distance kids at the same school.

In 7th grade I ran the 200 m dash and the 4x200 m relay, as well as participating in long jump. I wasn't good at any of them lol, so I stuck to distance running from then on. The next two years I ran the 800 m, 1600 m, 3200 m, and the 4x400 relay at least once, but I mainly did the 800 in 8th grade and the 3200 in high school.

I'm currently watching the live stream of the boys high school state competition right now for Indiana (because I'm weird like that) so it got me thinking about it.

Vikki

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
If you don't have a potential of accidentally landing straight on your neck while flipping upside down its not a sport worth doing :sanapray:

Minuteman

Reactions Received
Ship
If you don't have a potential of accidentally landing straight on your neck while flipping upside down its not a sport worth doing :sanapray:
See that's what pole vault is for.

I've heard of people breaking necks and backs because they fall from so high and miss the landing pad.

Vikki

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
See that's what pole vault is for.

I've heard of people breaking necks and backs because they fall from so high and miss the landing pad.
But thats terrifying, Im scared of heights :yolk:
besides you dont even do a full rotation, all that fear for practically no gain

Minuteman

Reactions Received
Ship
But thats terrifying, Im scared of heights :yolk:
besides you dont even do a full rotation, all that fear for practically no gain
If you want to stay closer to the ground you can still do high jump. You can fall on your head/neck in that one too lol.

Vikki

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
If you want to stay closer to the ground you can still do high jump. You can fall on your head/neck in that one too lol.
Why would you run full speed towards an inanimate object that isnt a vault table though, thats scary :yolk:

Minuteman

Reactions Received
Ship
Why would you run full speed towards an inanimate object that isnt a vault table though, thats scary :yolk:
Because you'll probably land on a soft cushion when you land. Just don't hit your head on the bar and don't miss the pad because then you'll be in pain lol.

Also in other news I've known several people, my brother included, who have gotten concussions from running.

Reactions: JoanaIsHere

Minuteman

Reactions Received
Ship
only did it in elementary school
we ran a 5k and it was hell
Omg a 5k in elementary school? That suuucks. That was the distance we ran in cross country in high school, but a 5k on a track sounds like it was no fun.

Users who are viewing this thread