Do you care about "awkward silence"? (1 Viewer)

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
Pronouns
He/Him
Do you even consider such a thing to exist when hanging out with a friend?

I really don't want to care about it but my social anxiety thrives off it whenever it occurs, that's why I really hate meeting up in person tbh.
And even online when trying to talk with other people together it gets really awful for me :nekosweat:

kinnie

(=ච ﻌ ච=)
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
Yes. I like to top it all off by stating how awkward it is out loud just to make things so much better.
:irenecrazy:

• Haha
Reactions: milk and Myco

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes. I like to top it all off by stating how awkward it is out loud just to make things so much better.
:irenecrazy:
nooo :jisoosmh::jisoosmh: thats literally the one thing you shouldnt do LOL

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
Pronouns
He/Him
  • Haha
Reactions: kinnie

Tickita

𝕄𝕞𝕞𝕙 𝕄𝕞𝕞𝕙. 🌹
Reactions Received
Website
tickita.carrd.co
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, auntie
Not really. I feel like I have to be okay with it since I'm so quiet. I know it makes others uncomfortable, but I don't mind so I don't try to fill in the silence.

Reactions: kinnie and Myco

Angel1

Trainee
Reactions Received
Fandom
Multi
Yes and i hate it sm omg, especially when me or the other person is just sitting there.
Im not one to carry a conversation unless im somewhat good friends with a person so most of the time i just sit there and reply like "yeah. Oh really? oh cool. Ok. Yeah, i know what you mean. Me too."
I hate this sm i wish i could conversate better:jisoosmh:

Reactions: Myco
Reactions Received
I think it depends on how well you know each other as to if it feels awkward as silence can also show you're comfortable around someone and just enjoy their company like in a long term relationship where only their daily interactions would be new to you.

If it's with someone you're trying to get to know though then you should have plenty to talk about and having these silences early on can be a bad sign for conversations in the future since if you can't talk when you have plenty to talk about what are you gonna do when you don't.

Overall though I don't really mind them as it's okay to be nervous but when your nervousness makes you hard to get to know is when it becomes a problem.

Reactions: Angel1 and Myco

Users who are viewing this thread