COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Do you get along with extended family? (1 Viewer)

mio

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
he/him
Ship
With my cousins yes but I don’t talk with my aunts and uncles much

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
They live so far away, last time I saw them was 18 years ago - awkward silence, zero interest on any part. I do have 4 cousins, I know their names but I don´t even know their ages. I know three of them are parents. I know one of my cousins has a daughter who is 6 and I always buy her expensive clothes just because. My father usually goes and visits his nephew, but we have spoken like two sentences in our whole lives. He has never even said thank you. My other cousin has two children and another one one son I believe.

My grandparents are mostly dead apart from my 89 years old grandfather - proud, strict man of few words. I feared him as a child and I don´t think he wanted it to be different.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to actually have a big, lovely family, but nagh, why worrying. I just hope they live their lives well and think about them like once a year :). Hope they get hiccups.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Yep to various degrees.
Some we used to vacation together with every year at least one and maybe visit a time or 2.

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
Eh I guess I do. I don't really interact with them all that much.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi
Pronouns
they/them
some of them but we dont interact as often anymore

ParksQueen301

Park boys are king
Reactions Received
Website
www.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Yes, very well. My aunt and uncle (two separate people, not a couple) on my mom's side always like to know what's up in my world (so do the ones on Dad's side), and my dad's side is always open for visiting, especially his brother and sister-in-law. (we don't visit my mom's side hardly ever bc a) my uncle lives in a small apartment, and b) my aunt is 72 and not doing so hot)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I get along very well with them. Some of my cousins are like brothers and sisters and even my cousins kids.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
I don't talk to my paternal extended family for reasons that shouldn't be brought up. The only maternal extended family that I have any meaningful interactions with are my nephew, niece, and great niece. It should be noted that the age range of my niece and nephew to me is very close, so its more of a sibling relationship: my niece is a year old and my nephew is six years younger... My great niece is like almost seven and as most children that age, she is totally annoying. So, it amuses me to piss her off. :lisalaugh:

Yachii

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Hackers
I don't have much contact with them, so the answer could be yes and no. I don't know for sure.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yep. My mom has 7 brothers and also 4 of them are very close to my age with one being my age and we were raised like siblings. And I also get along with all my cousins. I also am also super close with my stepdad side of the family. I basically grew up with them, so despite us not being blood-related they are like my blood family. I don't get to see my grandparent often cuz they all lived in different countries.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
My dad's side I was treated badly.

The oldest would take me outside away from my parents. And start hitting me I was a little kid...

Some of the cousin's they we're nice to me. So I was once close to them. But then we stopped going to Sydney.

Mum's side is alright. I talk to them. But I don't really feel close with them. Though I grew up with them. I don't feel like I'm really here.

But when I'm with strangers I start opening myself up.

I wish I auditioned and took my turn. So I didn't have to converse with both side's of extended. I wish I didn't stop myself from auditioning so I can be friends and open up to someone. Who will help me and I with them.

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
with some of them yeah, with others... not so much

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread