Do you think it's okay to assume an idols sexuality? (1 Viewer)

lexus

Future Canadian hobo
Reactions Received
Fandom
Vikki stan
Ship
Wreck
Do you find it to be disrespectful? Or do you think it's okay to discuss these things?

For me I find it a bit disrespectful considering that their sexual orientation isn't our business, but maybe that's just me.
What about you?

Yili

♡ GOT7 x IGOT7 ♡
Reactions Received
Ship
Definitely don't like assuming their sexuality, that's up to the person to talk about whenever or if they want to

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
I guess we or lot of plp anyways assume that they are straight but that can be disrespectful too.

Personally I think its ok to talk about it as plp discuss lot of idols personal life anyways. One topic among others. Wouldn't go tagging ifol to those discussions though.

Reactions: Yukibana

Jimimis

Star
Reactions Received
Fandom
ARMY
Ship
I assume they are all gay for each other and I will keep doing so :pandahappy:

pastel

Trainee
Reactions Received
Female
I totally agree, It's not like you understand your idol much compared to their members do.
Sexuality is something only they can control and depend on who they are attracted to.

Vikki

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
I mean everyone assumes everyone is straight so :wimwim:
But the problem with assuming they’re anything other than straight is that it isn’t accepted in Korea, so assuming that can be questionable. That being said assuming isn’t something you can control, but how you act about it is.

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe ⋈
Reactions Received
I think it's fine, because we literally assume everyone's sexuality unless we know or ask them. Now, trying to force them to clarify, out someone, or otherwise do so maliciously, is not okay.

Tickita

𝕄𝕞𝕞𝕙 𝕄𝕞𝕞𝕙. 🌹
Reactions Received
Fandom
Cassiopeia
No

Reactions Received
I try not to but I end up doing it. I would not really care tho. I mean who gives a 2 f u like who u like.
Honestly, I hate when people call kpop idol gay LIKE is being gay is a bad thing. Who cares if they like boys/girls/both it not like u date them. Plus it not like I listen to the music cause I think they not gay I just like it. AND WHO SAID I CAN'T LIKE LGBTQ THINGS HUN LIKE WTF I LIKE WHAT I LIKE. I don't give a u know what I would go to the pride event in a stylish rainbow outfit if i could. So hater need to stop calling kpop idols gay it both disrespectful to the artist *cause ur assume they gay just because they wear makeup or look like girls to the person* and the LGBTQ community *cause they always say it like its a bad thing* *am i the only one who feel this way cause i'm not even LGBTQ and i feel disrespected "i'm just an ally"*

SO I SAY FUCK ALL HOMOPHOPIC

That all i have to say *MIC DROP*

Abeamus

KS #1 Merchant
Reactions Received
Personally I find openly discussing an idols sexuality a weird concept since you can still be attracted to them even if they aren't the same sexuality as the large majority of fans don't have a chance of getting with their idol regardless of sexuality so it comes across as prying to me.

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Fandom
MeU & MY
Ship
it’s fine imo, but pushing any sexuality onto them or fetishizing them for interactions they have with others is crossing the line

Users who are viewing this thread