COME JOIN US!
Join an amazing community of KPOP fans and start discussing about your favorite KPOP stars.
Register Now

Discussion Doctor who fans (?) (1 Viewer)

Soleski

Idol
Reactions Received
Ship
Recently I saw some comments about Doctor Who, so I am curious how many fans we have here in kps.

Since some will (hopefully) visit this thread, a few questions. :pandalove:

Favorite Doctor?

Favorite companion?

My answers:
Tenth Doctor! David Tennant is a living legend.
Amy and Rory.

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
Ship
I do like the series and I've watched a few but I don't follow it very much. But David Tennant was definitely the best doctor! I loved him so much. My favourite companion is probably Donna although I did like Amy and Rory a lot.

Soleski

Idol
Reactions Received
Ship
I do like the series and I've watched a few but I don't follow it very much. But David Tennant was definitely the best doctor! I loved him so much. My favourite companion is probably Donna although I did like Amy and Rory a lot.
I liked Donna too, she was really funny. The cutest best friend. :pandalove: :pandalove: I loved her relationship with the Doctor. (Her end was really sad tho)

maruberry

Stan Pink Fantasy
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
I loved David Tennant's doctor, but my favorite companion would have to be Donna! I just like her sass ig! Rose would be my 2nd favorite!

And my award for the worst doctor goes respectably to the horrible performance of Jodie Whittaker

• Love
Reactions: potato and Soleski

Soleski

Idol
Reactions Received
Ship
I loved David Tennant's doctor, but my favorite companion would have to be Donna! I just like her sass ig! Rose would be my 2nd favorite!

And my award for the worst doctor goes respectably to the horrible performance of Jodie Whittaker
Uhh she is that bad? tbh I heard so much bad about the acting and storyline that I didnt dare to start it.

• Haha
Reactions: maruberry

maruberry

Stan Pink Fantasy
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
Uhh she is that bad? tbh I heard so much bad about the acting and storyline that I didnt dare to start it.
Both were horrible... Imagine a plot written by social justice warriors and then them trying to cram as much of all that as possible down your throat with pointless dialogue.

Combined with the utterly dry acting from Jodie that lacked any unique aspects... It was bad...it was like she was trying to act like the doctor... While all the others WERE the doctor she was trying to act like the doctor... Which came out all wrong and lifeless!

My family wacthed like 2 episodes fully... Hoping it would get better... Then the 3rd episode (I think) was even worse than the first 2 and we quit half way through and didn't finish the season!

Soleski

Idol
Reactions Received
Ship
Both were horrible... Imagine a plot written by social justice warriors and then them trying to cram as much of all that as possible down your throat with pointless dialogue.

Combined with the utterly dry and acting Jodie that lacked any unique aspects... It was bad...it was like she was trying to act like the doctor... While all the others WERE the doctor she was trying to act like the doctor... Which came out all wrong and lifeless!

My family wacthed like 2 episodes fully... Hoping it would get better... Then the 3rd episode (I think) was even worse than the first 2 and we quit half way through and didn't finish the season!
well I cant blame you, this sounds horrible

Reactions: maruberry

maruberry

Stan Pink Fantasy
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
well I cant blame you, this sounds horrible
It was... Like Doctor Who is supposed to be all about the action you know! That season they were trying to teach us some kind of a message. Like I said I only watched like 2 and a half episodes...

but in the 3rd episode they had 2 characters just sit down next to a dumpster for like 5 minutes and talk about how tough and horrible of a life black people have...

Reactions: Soleski

GloriousHavoc

Rookie
Reactions Received
10 + Donna ftw!
Then 11 + Amy & Rory.
Then 9 + Rose & Captain Jack.
Then 12 + Bill.

In my opinion it's getting too much undeserved hate. I think Jodie is great and I love her dynamic with Graham (while other companions could get better), but writing is a hit or miss. If there's someone to blame, that would be the showrunner. He's not terrible, but is obviously weaker than Davies and Moffat. I do suggest watching it thought, it has its brilliant moments.

GloriousHavoc

Rookie
Reactions Received
It was... Like Doctor Who is supposed to be all about the action you know! That season they were trying to teach us some kind of a message. Like I said I only watched like 2 and a half episodes...
The idea was to make it more similar to Classic Who, which usually had educational/historical episodes, and more talking than action.

maruberry

Stan Pink Fantasy
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
The idea was to make it more similar to Classic Who, which usually had educational/historical episodes, and more talking than action.
It didn't work. Classic who might've been more talking than action, but it wasn't rubbing it into your face. It didn't have totally pointless scenes unrelated to the plot and most of all, it didn't treat the viewers as if they were imbecilles.

GloriousHavoc

Rookie
Reactions Received
It didn't work. Classic who might've been more talking than action, but it wasn't rubbing it into your face. It didn't have totally pointless scenes unrelated to the plot and most of all, it didn't treat the viewers as if they were imbecilles.
You watched 2 and a half episodes. But if they made you dislike it that much, I definitely don't suggest continuing.

maruberry

Stan Pink Fantasy
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
You watched 2 and a half episodes. But if they made you dislike it that much, I definitely don't suggest continuing.
I mean the reviews the rest of the episodes got tell me they only got worse... So wasn't planning much on it...

GloriousHavoc

Rookie
Reactions Received
I mean the reviews the rest of the episodes got tell me they only got worse... So wasn't planning much on it...
Eh, it mostly got review-bombed by a type of folks I don't respect much. Sadly it became a part of contemporary "culture wars" and other ugly stuff, just like Star Trek Disco did, and Cptn Marvel, and so on. So I only trust myself and my own review. Cause people are a bunch of bastards. My judgement is: it's on the same level as an average 12 + Clara episode.

Bookworm

Idol
Reactions Received
My favorite Doctor is... probably the Eleventh.

My favorite companions are Ryan, Yaz, and Graham.

There are some phenomenal episodes from Jodie's series. It Takes You Away involves multiversal shenanigans framed within a series of mysterious happenings in the Norwegian woods. Kerblam! gives every character a chance to shine, and the plot twist is very well executed. Demons of the Punjab offers an invaluable history lesson that still resonates today, also has a nice twist, and is quite heartrending.

Jodie's era does have its over-the-top, hamfisted moments, like with the Trump stand-in, as well as its boring moments. But at its heart are four really awesome characters that come to feel like a real family, even if one of them gets sadly underutilized a lot. That's Yaz, by the way. But she does get her moments to shine.

The highlight of her series is definitely the father-son relationship that develops throughout between Ryan and Graham. There's also a nice brother-sister bond between Ryan and Yaz. And Jodie nails several qualities of the Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Doctors, while still coming across as her own person overall. I love it whenever she goes on these rambling tangents about stuff that fascinates her, there's a real sense of childlike wonder there.

Users who are viewing this thread