Does anyone else struggle to tell apart members even of groups they stan sometimes? (1 Viewer)

brekker

Star
Reactions Received
I do, but I am afraid to admit that because people would accuse me of racism, but some people just seriously look alike.

OnlyCalB

GG Trash / Roulette Team
Reactions Received
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
When first getting into a group, I sometimes have to work out who is who.

But after a short while I don't really mistake members.

Vikki

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I do, but I am afraid to admit that because people would accuse me of racism, but some people just seriously look alike.
Oof yeah, I don't want people to think it's racism either since for me it applies to people of all races so I feel like I need to lead it up with a disclaimer :jisoosmh:

brekker

Star
Reactions Received
Oof yeah, I don't want people to think it's racism either since for me it applies to people of all races so I feel like I need to lead it up with a disclaimer :jisoosmh:
I also have problems with eyes and when people have similar hairstyles and are similarly built, it just doesn´t matter whether they are white, black, yellow, pink or green, I just really can´t tell them apart. but we all know how it goes in the kpop community. I´m glad I´m understood :D.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Fandom
GoldenStar
I'm east asian n i hv trouble telling apart members of groups tat i dont stan sometimes. Even tho ITZY's ryujin n yuna dont look alike, i cant tell sometimes who is who cos of not paying attention to their differences. I might be getting better at it with having to pay attention now cos of reasons, tho...

Otoh, many SONEs hv historically difficulty telling apart the so-called triplets cos of their similarity n the sheer number (9) of members, angles n hairstyles(?), face shapes from way back in history(2007 onwards); i too found it hard to tell apart when i started stanning SNSD in 2018, watching/looking at videos/pix from 2007-2018. It got easier the l8r the era cos they grew differently, hair styles, face shapes n fashion styling. The triplets? Yuri, YoonA n Seohyun. Even now if i come across them from olden times, sometime i only recognise them cos i memorised their appearance n not becos its obvious. If tat makes any sense. So yeah, its hard to tell certain idols apart. Its partly familiarity n experience. Idk how to explain it any better than tat.

Areum101

Idol
Reactions Received
Website
www.youtube.com
Fandom
Multi
Pronouns
She/Her
Sometimes it's difficult to tell the difference between Taehyun and Beomgyu of TXT

Yili

✨Yoon Jia's #1 Picker✨
Reactions Received
Website
yiliisme.carrd.co
Fandom
✨Stayzen✨
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
If they're far away yes, like for the boyz members they have similar heights and builds so i'm like confused depending on the video

Reactions Received
I'm east asian n i hv trouble telling apart members of groups tat i dont stan sometimes. Even tho ITZY's ryujin n yuna dont look alike, i cant tell sometimes who is who cos of not paying attention to their differences. I might be getting better at it with having to pay attention now cos of reasons, tho...

Otoh, many SONEs hv historically difficulty telling apart the so-called triplets cos of their similarity n the sheer number (9) of members, angles n hairstyles(?), face shapes from way back in history(2007 onwards); i too found it hard to tell apart when i started stanning SNSD in 2018, watching/looking at videos/pix from 2007-2018. It got easier the l8r the era cos they grew differently, hair styles, face shapes n fashion styling. The triplets? Yuri, YoonA n Seohyun. Even now if i come across them from olden times, sometime i only recognise them cos i memorised their appearance n not becos its obvious. If tat makes any sense. So yeah, its hard to tell certain idols apart. Its partly familiarity n experience. Idk how to explain it any better than tat.
I actually confused Tae and Jessica for a time also early on. Especially since both were always singing key parts.

Reactions Received
To vikki's point many many groups have girls i have to look twice at because from certain angles the girls look similar.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Fandom
GoldenStar
I actually confused Tae and Jessica for a time also early on. Especially since both were always singing key parts.
I nvr had trouble telling apart tae n sica, cos it was obvious to me who was who. But wat tripped me was when the triplets were side by side performing or the camera was on one of them but the angle or a portion of them was obscured smh or sth, they wore similar outfits or the angle showed them in a way that dint make it clear, again it was only by memorisation i could tell them apart in those situations, however it might be unclear now if i went n found those same ambiguous scenes now whether i recognise-recongnise them or if its tat memorisation tat occurred earlier at play.familiarity n experience still playing its part, LOL.

Bopper

Idol
Reactions Received
Fandom
Eri, Panda
Not now unless I'm new to the group, but there was one teaser of EXO's back in pre-debut era where it took me a while to figure out Sehun and Luhan.

Reactions: kinnie and Vikki

Yachii

Reactions Received
Website
www.last.fm
Fandom
Hackers
I had much trouble to tell apart Dreamcatcher members for quite a long time. I never had problems with PassCode members and I learned NEO JAPONISM ones quickly. I'm still in the process of learning Kolokol members.

Reactions: Vikki

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
Not really, if they're far away then sometimes yes or if their styling takes a drastic turn. But most of the time I can recognize them, sometimes I think I can recognize some idols (male idols) too good because if they're in a crowd I can sometimes recognize them by just looking at the back of their heads. :lisalaugh:

• Haha

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Fandom
MeU & MY
Ship
I remember this one pic of Yuri where she looked like Tiffany so much,, still can’t unsee it

kinnie

(=ච ﻌ ච=)
Reactions Received
Ship
Yes. Especially if they are girl groups.
:pepeslippy:

Reactions: Vikki

Users who are viewing this thread