COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Official ☽ Event Suggestion Thread ☾ (1 Viewer)

Panda

a panda just trying to chill
Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Hi to anyone reading this!

This is our Event Suggestion Thread!
Events Suggestions.jpg

This is where you guys get to pitch and tell us ideas you think would make for good events! 🎉
If we like the idea you think up we will PM you and talk a bit more about the event and include you in the process of making it as well as organizing and hosting it! (You don't have to if you don't wish to though)
If a person shows great potential in thinking up/organizing/hosting events they may also get a chance to be part of the Events team (We would fire @kuroyuri and put you instead :taemsip:)

What we need from you when submitting the events isn't very strict as it can be anything from just an idea to a fully organized and thought up event, but as expected we would like as many details as possible so as to get a better feel for the event
If you don't feel like you can freely share your idea here but wish to share it with the events members please feel free to PM any of us!
If we like your event and PM you this doesn't automatically mean the event will get done as some events may be great ideas but either impossible to do or just currently hard to accomplish

Don't worry tho, this isn't cause we've ran out of ideas, rather, this thread exists cause we have gotten many great ideas from you guys and would like for there to be a place where we can communicate about such things, and where others might also be able to tell us whether they like the ideas too!

LET YOUR CREATIVITY LOOSE AND SHOWS US WHAT YOU GOT!

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
A purge :pandanoreaction:

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Can we have more mafia?

:ilovebread:

That's always fun ^^
Something in that sense is in the works but on a larger scale than the ones on discord. Tho I can't say it will be soon as there are large projects coming up soon!

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Yay! I have a few ideas that I've wanted to share for a while. :pandahappy:

Thank you for this opportunity! <3

Panda

a panda just trying to chill
Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
A contest where we can have mini games and stuff but about fandoms. Like, we pick the biggest fandoms and the people in those fandoms compete against each other to become the king and queen of that fandom at KPS (with badges of course :3).

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
A contest where we can have mini games and stuff but about fandoms. Like, we pick the biggest fandoms and the people in those fandoms compete against each other to become the king and queen of that fandom at KPS (with badges of course :3).
We had someone also mention a similar thing... it's an interesting idea and we'd like to do it, we'd just need a lot more of a couple of things
1) People - as only a few fandoms are big on KS (Once...Army...Insomnia...Blinks and Buddies and maybe Neverlands a lot of them inactive)
2) A looot of inside knowledge in the fandoms (which I have somewhat)
3) The man power and all around organization

This will all surely be more available at a later time, so in essence, great idea, we would love to do it, just not currently :bigcatclap:

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I have a few ideas:

- I saw that quite a few people suggested Mini games. I think they're a wonderful idea and it would be great if they could be implemented through a KS board game. Instead of rolling a dice, you would move one step at a time and you would complete a mission or mini-game on each board. Each mini-game that you accomplish means you move onto the next space. If you lose, you stay where you are. There could also be surprise spaces where you have a 'chance card' which could mean that you move forward/backward a few spaces or have to go back to the start etc. The mini games will get harder and harder each time they move forward and whoever wins will be crowned queen/King of KS and get a special surprise (this could be a custom made badge, reaction points or something else). They could also get a banner underneath their username like 'User of the Month'. We could also have a princess/prince of KS for second and third place as well.

- My other idea is a maze scenario. You are stuck in a maze and have to find the right way out. You have 2 (I think 3 would be too complicated) options to decide where you are going and you can come across many obstacles too. During these obstacles, you have to complete some sort of challenge/mini-game to move on. It will be set out like a story. If a user takes a wrong turn, they will have to complete a challenge before they can go back and continue to the next point. I'm not sure if the theme should be dark, mysterious and dangerous (like The Maze Runner) or light-hearted, fluffy and magical (like Alice in Wonderland).

However, I think both require a lot of manpower and work and they may not be good ideas.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
I have a few ideas:

- I saw that quite a few people suggested Mini games. I think they're a wonderful idea and it would be great if they could be implemented through a KS board game. Instead of rolling a dice, you would move one step at a time and you would complete a mission or mini-game on each board. Each mini-game that you accomplish means you move onto the next space. If you lose, you stay where you are. There could also be surprise spaces where you have a 'chance card' which could mean that you move forward/backward a few spaces or have to go back to the start etc. The mini games will get harder and harder each time they move forward and whoever wins will be crowned queen/King of KS and get a special surprise (this could be a custom made badge, reaction points or something else). They could also get a banner underneath their username like 'User of the Month'. We could also have a princess/prince of KS for second and third place as well.

- My other idea is a maze scenario. You are stuck in a maze and have to find the right way out. You have 2 (I think 3 would be too complicated) options to decide where you are going and you can come across many obstacles too. During these obstacles, you have to complete some sort of challenge/mini-game to move on. It will be set out like a story. If a user takes a wrong turn, they will have to complete a challenge before they can go back and continue to the next point. I'm not sure if the theme should be dark, mysterious and dangerous (like The Maze Runner) or light-hearted, fluffy and magical (like Alice in Wonderland).

However, I think both require a lot of manpower and work and they may not be good ideas.
I like both
@Events and @Events Lead do y'all like these?

Thank you for the details btw and like idk what to say past I like it 😂 Actually I have a few questions.
What would be the the... restriction to how many times you can do it, as in if a person just keeps getting things right they will basically go on forever (till they win) which might just end up being 1 person being in a better time zone then another. Also when a person loses and stays in place, how would they start moving again? Besides that it seems legit but I am not sure how we'd implement it... besides maybe making a literal board and then requiring people to answer through some site or form...We'd also need to get all the 'chance cards' made not in a custom way but like we'd need ideas. We'd also need a boat-load of ideas for mini-games/missions. So tbh, this would have to be meticulously organized. We would ofc help you out once the time came.

The other idea, what would be a wrong turn? Or should I say how would a person know what may be the right path. In a way I think a person shouldn't have to go back, they would just have to go through a longer path than someone else. The rest is fine. Once again a lot of mini-games to be thought up but simpler than the first.

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I like both

Thank you for the details btw and like idk what to say past I like it 😂 Actually I have a few questions.
What would be the the... restriction to how many times you can do it, as in if a person just keeps getting things right they will basically go on forever (till they win) which might just end up being 1 person being in a better time zone then another. Also when a person loses and stays in place, how would they start moving again? Besides that it seems legit but I am not sure how we'd implement it... besides maybe making a literal board and then requiring people to answer through some site or form...We'd also need to get all the 'chance cards' made not in a custom way but like we'd need ideas. We'd also need a boat-load of ideas for mini-games/missions. So tbh, this would have to be meticulously organized. We would ofc help you out once the time came.

The other idea, what would be a wrong turn? Or should I say how would a person know what may be the right path. In a way I think a person shouldn't have to go back, they would just have to go through a longer path than someone else. The rest is fine. Once again a lot of mini-games to be thought up but simpler than the first.
I love both ideas! They both seem pretty complicated and like you said, they seem like they'll be hard to implement but I think with lots of planning, we could make them work somehow. The ideas overall are great though.

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I like both

Thank you for liking them <3

For the board game, I was thinking that there would be a finish line or an 'ending' line so that the users don't need to go on forever. If a person loses, they would have to attempt the challenge again until they get it right. In order to restrict the numbers of goes a user can have, maybe they can have a maximum of 3 goes a day? In order to keep record of this, the user will have to enter their name into some type of form so that we know how many goes they have had. Maybe each mini-game/space on the board game can be released every day or two days (or maybe 2 or three games can be released every day/two days)? I feel like a visual board game could be generated and the users will be moved everytime they get a question correct. Each minigame will have a separate thread so it doesn't get too clustered and there could be one main thread where the board game is updated. As for the chance cards, as was thinking that we would think up of a few and then put them on a random generator. Users will randomly have different chance cards.

For the maze game, I think that would be a better idea and that's what I thought of doing at first. However, it could get very complicated. I'll try and explain the best I can:

3 users (A,B and C) are given Option1 and Option2 (Option 1 being the correct option). A and B pick Option1 while C picks Option2. Therefore C will follow a longer route.

In the second round, User A and B are given Option 1 and Option 2 (Option 2 being the correct option). A picks Option1 and B picks Option 2. B will continue onto the next round while A is given a longer route. The problem starts here.

Will A and C be given different longer routes or the same long route to follow? If each round has a different longer route, it will be very complicated and hard to handle and we need to have multiple routes and paths to get to the end of the maze. That's why I thought of the alternative option instead...

As for mini-games, I was thinking of: riddles (You're very good at those XD), guess the kpop song by the screenshot or emoji or even song lyric, guess the kpop idols by close-up images and more. I was also thinking of games like these which are logic puzzles:

I love both ideas! They both seem pretty complicated and like you said, they seem like they'll be hard to implement but I think with lots of planning, we could make them work somehow. The ideas overall are great though.
Thank you :nekolove:

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I just noticed that we're at 969 members :jenniesmug:

I was thinking it'd be fun to have some sort of special event when we reach 1000 but I don't know what it should be...
We may or may not be discussing this. We have back to back events lined up for the rest of the year though so it's still under discussion and if we do hold an event for it, it most likely won't be a big event. But it's definitely a possibility. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread