COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News EXO-CBX’s Agency INB100 To Hold Emergency Press Conference Claiming Unfair Treatment By SM (1 Viewer)

Testament

☠️ʀᴇɴᴅᴇᴢᴠᴏᴜꜱ☠️
Reactions Received
Website
all-my-girls.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L/FOREVER
Pronouns
Zombie/Monster
EXO’s Chen, Baekhyun, and Xiumin (EXO-CBX) have claimed unfair treatment by SM Entertainment.

EXO-CBX’s agency, INB100, announced they would hold an emergency press conference on June 10 KST.

“Last June, EXO-CBX took legal action, successfully terminating exclusive contracts and filed a complaint with the Fair Trade Commission through a joint statement with SM Entertainment.

At that time, both parties negotiated and resolved the situation, believing that both parties felt that EXO’s activities were the most important, and per the agreement at the time, artists’ activities and names as EXO-CBX were done through INB100.”

— INB100​

But it seems that SM has ignored the agreement and has demanded a portion of sales.

However, SM ignores the agreement’s premises and demands that INB100 give 10% of the sales of the artists’ activities. Although INB100 has sent proof of this, SM has not responded for over two months. We plan to report SM Entertainment’s unfair treatment.

— INB100​
source
@Exo-L​

Testament

☠️ʀᴇɴᴅᴇᴢᴠᴏᴜꜱ☠️
Reactions Received
Website
all-my-girls.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L/FOREVER
Pronouns
Zombie/Monster
some people defending SM when SM are known for their slave contracts :catglare:
Ikr, people are making it seem like Cbx is doing for attention

Testament

☠️ʀᴇɴᴅᴇᴢᴠᴏᴜꜱ☠️
Reactions Received
Website
all-my-girls.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L/FOREVER
Pronouns
Zombie/Monster
SM doing CBX dirty so of course CBX has to speak up. some people are new to kpop or hardcore SM stans :jihono:
SM has been treating their artist wrong for years, why would anyone take their side? :headache:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-XWol
SM are suing them now aren't they. SM, the company known for charging people in the court of public opinion far more than the actual courts, have stated they will be taking this to the justice courts.

Quite funny how hypocritical their (SM's) statement was.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Shawol
Pronouns
she/her
I have to disagree with all ppl defending cbx.

I can imagine whats going on. I think sm actually is in the right here. when cbx became a sub of one hundred, they probably thought the contract was nullified just with that because the 'contractor' changed (I think that was planned from the start tbh). but a contract is a contract, you cant just overwrite it. I think cbx wanted to get out of it with this trick/loophole and are now adding shade to sm so ppl are siding with them.

from a business perspective this is just shady from cbx side if you ask me.

sm has all rights to get 10% profit from their activities as they perform songs sm has the copyright to and they also kept their name which sm has a brand on. they even paid for things they didnt have to (like the cancellation fees for baekhyun’s japan concert).

and tbh cbx signed the fucking contracts, they could have negotiated, but considering that sm paid cbx costs 10% profit isnt that much.

all ppl throwing shade at sm have no brains when it comes to business, seriously.

about the slave contract thing:
first of all, you all throwing shade like sm is the only one doing it.
in the first place, this all came up with the tvxq lawsuit in 2012, which jyj didnt win.
they agreed on a settlement because court ruled there was no evidence of a slave contract (their contract was 10 years).
in the end they agreed on a profit distribution. you can say they live well.
their contracts were nullified not because of the lenght, but for other reasons.
so I dont understand why ppl still come with the slave contract argument.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread