(G)I-DLE - I Burn [REVIEW] (1 Viewer)

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
I listened to the entire album while driving back home in a bus so I though I could tell ya my thoughts
Here we go
1610367737309.png

1. Hann (Alone in Winter)
This really surprised me, by the name I thought it'd just be Hann but a bit different. This just sounded like the first good winter themed song I've heard since EXO's album with the coffee stuff. It's really emotional and hard-hitting instead of just boring. Sound like a ballad but it keeps you interested instead of boring you. I highly recommend a listen for literally anyone and everyone.
It's not a perfect song by any means but it's very much a good one.

8.7/10

2. Hwaa
Soyeon singing in the beginning is a blessing to the entire kpop scene... It's just beautiful. Soojin really surprised me with her parts, she delivered them very energetically and they stood out to me. The chorus itself seems quite plain at it's just melodic repetition of Hwaaaaaaaaa but it sounds so good and actually make the chorus able to not have text at all besides the "screaming". I wish Miyeon had some louder parts honestly but Minnie does her job really well with those too. Soyeons rap is also godly as always. Only problem I see in this song is the abrupt ending... I loved it in Senorita and I hate it here cause this just built up to nothing... really disappointing.

9/10

3. MOON
This song was... eh. Very average, Minnie definitely suits this song as she makes it her own essentially but it's not my style definitely cause it's sluggish and all-around not very interesting. Still an ok song tho, can't say it's bad

5.7/10

4. Where is love
Besides the grammar Nazi in me wanting to die 'Where is love' was generally good and groovy. There were a few great moments like Soojins harmonization and Miyeons louder parts. The chorus is very satisfying and we get another dose of Soyeon rapping so that's always welcome. It's like a secondary title of sorts, enjoyable but not as good.

7.7/10

5. LOST
Lost starts off really nicely with a light guitar and soft singing that obviously is leading into something better, it than turns to a very spacious type of sound while keeping the exotic vibes. It's slow but not bad at all, reminds me a bit of some older Madonna songs actually. Soyeon has her best rap in this song too so another giant +. It still does get kinda boring half-way through tho.

7/10

6. DAHLIA
A very mellow song off the start, it builds well and the chorus is ok with the entire flow of voices meshing very well and Soyeons rap once again being good but nothing special. The rest of the song just continues the same. Similarly to Lost it's potential dies down near the half-way point despite being pretty good. Yuqi getting part of the last chorus was very refreshing tho.

7.4/10

Final thoughts:
I don't usually listen to full albums, despite loving IDLE I've only listened to their first before this and this is why. I like a few songs out of each album and youtube usually recommends me those and so my thoughts of the album are "it's great" cause I don't listen to the other mediocre songs that I won't care about. This isn't a jab at IDLE, still love em and they still have great songs but I honestly would be fine with just listening to titles and a single album song that's high quality.

Album rating:
7.5/10

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
So far I’ve only listened to Hwaa and Hann, which I like. Yeah in general Kpop doesn’t have that great of B-sides which is why I usually only listen to the title tracks but I’m starting to listen to my favorite groups albums and EPs.
I'm making a rule for myself where I just skim albums from now on for those good songs cause most albums that have a good title have at least 1 good b-side. There are exceptions with certain albums, even albums from artists I don't stan, but it's rare.

I've spent 90% of my time with kpop only listening to titles and I'm pretty contempt with it so, it's a very valid way to enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread