COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Get fit series: Part 2 (1 Viewer)

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Ok, here we go with the second part of the Get fit series. I know, awful name, but basically this is me sharing nutrition and fitness tips to get fit, toned, lose weight. In some parts, I might also talk about gaining weight or bulking, but what I'm sharing is from my personal research and my goal was on toning so that's what I know best.

As a disclaimer, I want to add from the beginning that you should love yourself and your body as it is, Instagram models are most of the times photoshop. BUT good nutrition and some sport can have an impact on physical and mental health.

1. Healthy food is known to have micro and macronutrients. Micronutrients are the vitamins and minerals we find in food, mostly in fruits and veggies (reminder to eat your veggies!). Macronutrients are the larger categories of nutrients in food. These are carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. In my case, for toning, I try to have 50% carbs, 25% proteins, and 25% fats in my meals. Of course, every person is different and it depends on personal goals, but I will talk about each category next.

2. Carbohydrates are the source of energy for the body. They can be found in potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, oats, fruits, etc. Eating bread, rice, potatoes is not bad. BUT wholemeal bread/pasta for example is considered better because wholemeal flour is not as refined as white flour so it contains more nutrients and more fiber. As for fruits, bananas are some of the highest in carbs so, when you feel low in energy, a banana snack might help. This is usually my pre-workout snack.

3. Proteins can be found in chicken (especially chicken breast), red meat, turkey, salmon, tuna, greek yogurt, eggs, quinoa, chickpeas etc. I mostly take my proteins from meat but there are plenty of vegan options too. Proteins are essential to building muscle. That's why after exercising, it is recommended to eat high in protein food to help your muscles grow. There are also protein supplements such as shakes and snacks but they are totally optional. I personally don't drink protein shakes, but I do add protein powder in my oats or eat protein bars as snacks because I sometimes don't get enough proteins from food. But again, they are optional.

4. Fats can be found in nuts, avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, eggs, salmon, seeds, dark chocolate. Ok, don't get scared because they are called fats. These are healthy fats that will help with hormones and the absorption of vitamins. Sure, they should be consumed in moderation because they are high in calories, but they are as essential as the other 2 components. Don't compare fats in nuts or avocado with fats in a burger and some fries.

5. Eating healthy food can give you lots of nutrients that will make your body and mind feel better. Lack of nutrients can make you feel weak, tired, sick etc. Fast food, even if it is tasty and addicting, represents empty calories without nutritional value.

I know this was more scientific and nutritional, but I hope you got an idea about macros and how to not be afraid of good food. :sanapray: I hope this is quite clear, since of course, the topic is quite complex.

If you missed part 1, it's here. If you have any other things you'd like me to talk about, or curiosities about the topic, do let me know.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
love how educational it is

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I wonder if you have any tips that are specific to abs? I heard that sweets make the stomach get bigger
not really, unfortunately we can't spot where can we lose the fat from :pepecry1: but yeah, there is a tendency to gain belly fat because of sugary food.
The thing is, we all have abs muscles, but they are not visible because of a layer of fat. So while doing abs exercises will make the muscles be more visible, it's important to reduce the fat level so they are visible. And while some foods can indeed make the body store fat on the belly, the only tip to get rid of it is to have a little caloric deficit and pray that the body will burn the fat from there

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread