COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Chart Gfriends most streamed songs on Melon (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar

@Buddy
I'm curious to know wat the stats r on/after May 22 as well as the Spotify stats for Gfriend but idk if we'll.ever find out. I hvnt the heart to listen much to any Gfriend song rn, unless its shuffled on. which happened today. I was a zombie n barely rmbr which song, only reacted with wistfulness.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
pretty big separation.

Call it 3 or 4 tiers factoring in time out.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Say
rough mgt TFtMN tier 1

nav alone in 2

have to divide the rest by release date to get streams per month say.

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Pronouns
She/Her
No Summer Rain or Rainbow in the top 10, that's slanderous.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I'm curious to know wat the stats r on/after May 22 as well as the Spotify stats for Gfriend but idk if we'll.ever find out. I hvnt the heart to listen much to any Gfriend song rn, unless its shuffled on. which happened today. I was a zombie n barely rmbr which song, only reacted with wistfulness.
At the moment I try to more so listen to their 2015-2019 work if anything as while I enjoy their 2020 work however Big Hit had a hand in the ones I'd listen to so :shamesica:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
At the moment I try to more so listen to their 2015-2019 work if anything as while I enjoy their 2020 work however Big Hit had a hand in the ones I'd listen to so :shamesica:
i just play my ripped stuff or the cd's since i already paid for em )

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Say
rough mgt TFtMN tier 1

nav alone in 2

have toe dive the rest by release dat to bet streams per month say.
Rough and Me Gustas Tu are definitely tier 1 but hard to say with Time For The Moon Night and Navillera since Navillera had the Gfriend hype behind its release and Time For The Moon Night didn't and had to deal with BTS flooding the top 10 which messed with its potential.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
No Summer Rain or Rainbow in the top 10, that's slanderous.
Well Rainbow is a bside but Summer Rain.... well let's just say Buddies don't mention Summer Rain when success talks come up :wimwim:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Rough and Me Gustas Tu are definitely tier 1 but hard to say with Time For The Moon Night and Navillera since Navillera had the Gfriend hype behind its release and Time For The Moon Night didn't and had to deal with BTS flooding the top 10 which messed with its potential.
yea i put moon night in 1 because it was 2 + years later and was almost like a restart. Then there are the tech reasons you mentioned.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
I'd listen to my favorites Labyrinth, Apple, Mago, TFtMN, Rough regardless if BH did or dint hv a hand in making them, but the issue for me is residual feelings of sadness when i listened today so i avoid it until the bitterness lessens some.

Wonder how it works out for Spotify payments, do the members not being signed to SouMu still get paid the meagre amount from Spotify or basically does SouMu gets it all?

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I'd listen to my favorites Labyrinth, Apple, Mago, TFtMN, Rough regardless if BH did or dint hv a hand in making them, but the issue for me is residual feelings of sadness when i listened today so i avoid it until the bitterness lessens some.

Wonder how it works out for Spotify payments, do the members not being signed to SouMu still get paid the meagre amount from Spotify or basically does SouMu gets it all?
I think Gfriend have to get royalties for being the recording artists of the songs but recording artists usually get the smallest portion of royalties with all the people who made the song itself taking the bigger cuts.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
I think Gfriend have to get royalties for being the recording artists of the songs but recording artists usually get the smallest portion of royalties with all the people who made the song itself taking the bigger cuts.
Yeah, im not sure how the SK recording contracts work as i rmbr a few yrs bk reading abt how Sorn was shafted at first on her recording royalties cos she wasnt Korean(maybe the reason was tat she was new to korea, maybe) . But then it got renegotiated/revised to give her a better cut(i hv no idea now by how much or when).

So i wasnt sure if post May 22 sales/income gets disbursed to yaknow, the actual singers on the songs.:jisoosmh::nayeonisdone::sanathink::umwhat:im still not sure but wat can ya do? Basically nth.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Sunny Summer being more successful than Summer Rain :umwhat:

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Sunny Summer being more successful than Summer Rain :umwhat:
Summer Rain was promoted very poorly and is probably Gfriends least successful title even more so than their more recent ones.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Summer Rain was promoted very poorly and is probably Gfriends least successful title even more so than their more recent ones.
People don't deserve good music :umjicry:

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
People don't deserve good music :umjicry:
Well it was kinda Soumus fault as they released Love Whisper for what would have been their traditional Summer comeback and then rushed out Summer Rain as a repackage a little over a month after because that had been the mood at the time but by the time it was released it already ended.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread