COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Have you ever dropped a group and why? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I feel like I am the only one that have never dropped a group. i keep stanning more groups as time pass by but I have not dropped any.
I want to hear your stories about why you dropped/stopped stanning a group.

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
I've dropped a lot of groups before and the reason is usually cause I've lost interest in them.
For the first half of my kpop interest/hobbying, I was just a casual fan and had a bunch of in between periods where I just didn't care for the genre so much. Usually after coming back from those break periods, I'd find myself more interested in another group.
Now that my interest in the genre is more solidified, I don't see myself dropping any of the main groups I stan anytime soon.

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
BTS

I'm just not a fan of their newer music. I still occasionally listen to their older stuff though, and I respect them a lot.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I don't think i've ever dropped a group. At most they just aren't groups I focus primarily on. Like with SHINee they may not be my top group anymore but I am still a big fan by some people's standards. I don't mention them as much as I use to as one of my favs but they are my second largest playlist and I still have their posters on my wall lol

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
This is surprising😮
BTS and EXO two groups with A+ discography
I still listen to some of their old discography because that's the good stuff imo, for EXO or rather SM, I feel like all of their groups have let me down with their music for the past 1.5 years, besides like a few gems like RV's Bad Boy or stuff like that it's mostly just meh for me,
as for BTS, everything after You Never Walk Alone has just been a let down for me, but there's a few gems like Pied Piper I occasionally listen to, but the whole picture it just isn't my taste anymore

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I still listen to some of their old discography because that's the good stuff imo, for EXO or rather SM, I feel like all of their groups have let me down with their music for the past 1.5 years, besides like a few gems like RV's Bad Boy or stuff like that it's mostly just meh for me,
as for BTS, everything after You Never Walk Alone has just been a let down for me, but there's a few gems like Pied Piper I occasionally listen to, but the whole picture it just isn't my taste anymore
Albums from SM have also been a let down?

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Red Velvet

I just lost interest in their music and their newer music isn’t really my taste.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
BTS, lost interest in them, their music just isn't my cup of tea anymore

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ReVeluv
I wouldn't call myself a stan, but by my standards of being a fan I'd say EXO

ETA Reasons since I messed my former post up:
- Music stop resonating with me -- I was not highly anticipating their new releases and after they released new music, I found myself not listening to it for long. Now that I look back at my playlists, I wonder when I removed their music from it. I still have a nostalgic leaning toward their older songs, but as of this moment, I'm not interested in their newer releases.
- In transitioning between casual fan to engaged fan, I never felt the need to go back and get to know the members more.
- In transitioning between casual fan to engaged fan, I did not feel the need to get involved with the fandom, which made it easier to stop engaging the group when the music stop interesting me.

I don't think I've ever dropped a girl group -- they usually drop me (hiatus or disbanding) :yolk:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
BIGBANG. I’m not even going to start explaining because *sigh*
CNBlue. I can no longer listen to any of their songs.
It’s not even their songs that is the problem. It’s the group themselves. I know people will probably think it’s not fair to include the others just because they’re a group, but with CNBlue’s case, so long as Jonghyun is still there, I won’t listen and I won’t contribute to the streams (that he’ll probably earn from).

A lot of groups that I just lost my interest in throughout the years.

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I've unstanned 3 groups

Got7 - I really, really liked them but I felt like I stanned them WAY more for the members than their music, which I've always just thought is OK and I really never listened to much of their stuff besides a few b-sides and title tracks. I was more invested in them as people then the music and I really didn't feel like a proper fan.

Noir - I simply lost interest in their music, every comeback just felt very weak compared to their debut and I just never felt connected to the majority of the members.

Winner - Various reasons for unstanning them, 1: I hate that they're under YG, I don't like wondering if a group I stan is going to get a comeback every year or not. 2: Their music of all last year wasn't my taste and I didn't like Minho's debut either so I just felt sort of bored with their content to be honest. However I did really like their most recent comeback and I'm excited for Jinwoo's debut, my bias is getting his moment to shine :maheart: . 3: I'm just more comfortable with the idea of being a casual fan of them, I like the members but the excitement that I need to continue stanning a group wasn't there anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread