COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Have you ever taken a break from your kpop stan life? If so, how did it go? (1 Viewer)

Panda

a panda just trying to chill
Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I can say that this since second year of uni started for me, I have been taking a major break from Kpop and really everything related to it. This forum, other forums, stan twitter, stan instagram, discord, or following kpop in any regard. I'm not even sure I wanna come back. I blamed this on VIXX started to enlist in the military (only 2/6 are gone tbh) but idk, I don't even keep up as much with them anymore either. I guess I just no longer enjoy it as much. It's weird cause I was such a big stan for 5 years.

Anyways, what about you all? Ever taken a break? If so, how did you feel afterwards?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ATINY
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck
i never take a break. nothing else ever interests me

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I am only into kpop for 2 years but I am already having a "break". I just dont try to get into new groups, even if i like their music

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
i wouldnt say a break so much as a chill out

some months I'm more interested in other stuff some months I'm more interested in kpop. i never leave it completely

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Nope, and now that SuperM is a thing I think I'll be forced into it for a long time even though BAP disbanded and Shinee are inactive :haylul:

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I usually try and step back from kpop every few months or so, and recently that allowed me to really get into artists like lana del rey and lots of tiktok songs so :wimwim: worth it

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Buddy
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
I usually try and step back from kpop every few months or so, and recently that allowed me to really get into artists like lana del rey and lots of tiktok songs so :wimwim: worth it
and :pepesmug: :pepesmug: :pepesmug:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I had a break for a bit over a year when Jessica left SNSD and my enthusiasm for the genre dropped.I didn't necessarily completely cut it off,I still kept up to date but I didn't care about most releases.Once SNSD announced their first 0T8 comeback I immediately got back into it again.

Last edited:

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
Yeah I've taken breaks. I take breaks when my ults have a comeback, because life still goes on and I need to focus on things I need to do. I take breaks based on how close I am to the weekend; if I'm spazzing on Thursday, I take a break until Saturday. Spazzing on Monday, I may break until Thursday.

gongchan

Izz/Phoenix
Reactions Received
Website
theghostofwind.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Bana
Pronouns
he/him
Ship
Wreck
I haven't really taken any extended breaks in the 5 years I've been into Kpop. Sometimes, if stuff happens, I'll take a break from following recent stuff and just stick to my ults for a little while.. but other than that, no, I've never taken a break. I find my happiness in Kpop (the people & music), so I'd never really leave unless I just grew away from it.

LeeriaYa

The Wandering Koala
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Carat
I think I'm actually at the point I'm slowly losing the interest in being really involved with fandoms and the whole aspect of it. It was beginning to happen last year,and the outbreak has just made me focus more on my priorities. I still watch if and stan a few groups the same as I did. But I feel honeslty I don't like being as active on discords and forums about it. I still support anyone I can and who wants me to support. But I'm at the age of a University student who kind of wants to embrace going out more and spending money on things other than albums. It's also incredibly toxic more often than not with how it's grown and no matter how much I filter my social media. I still get a large amount of toxic postings

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I don’t think I ever have. It makes me happy and is a hobby I really enjoy so I don’t see myself taking a break.
:pandalove:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
taeyeon♡
Ship
Wreck
Honestly, there are Korean songs that will always be in my heart and that I will always listen to. I could never quit Korean music completely because of these songs. But Kpop and all the "fan" aspects of being into it, I think I take plenty of breaks from it, only occasionally checking out new music. These days, I mostly listen to old Korean songs, ballads, etc.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
honestly never took a break from kpop

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread