COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Sensitive Heart Attack during Church (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
What do you think the appropriate response would be if an individual had a heart attack or stroke during a mass or service. Should the entire congregation assist or do you think a few people would be sufficient?

I ask this because I read something on social media that basically said that if someone has a heart attack or seizure during a mass that the priest or pastor should carry on with the service as if nothing were happening. I'm not sure how I felt about it and I wanted to get everyone's opinion...

KPawz

found dead or alive
Reactions Received
Website
pawzworldz.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Once
Pronouns
They/Them
Ship
They should help the victim, just leaving them there is inhumane. What if it was so severe they died? They just let the poor person die.

Juniverse

Local Backstabber ♡
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Deobi
Wreck
I read something on social media that basically said that if someone has a heart attack or seizure during a mass that the priest or pastor should carry on with the service as if nothing were happening.

I'm sure they would be saying something different if it was happening to them.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
theres only so much u can do lol, it doesn't take a whole crowd to just dial 911 most would just be standing around awkwardly anyway

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
The service will need to be disrupted but size will make a difference.

if say there are 1000's of ppl in the event then response could be localized.
With an announcement after the event was handled to inform those who are curious.

but most any normal sized group will face bigger congregation wide impact.

there should be a plan in place to try to localize and get help to the person obv if 911 is called and the fire dept ends up there its goona be confusing. to folks.

if possible you would want em moved to a more private area just like at any big event.
let people help em with less obsturctions.

if they gotta treat em in the pews the service is shot maybe send everyone home and text or spread word some other way.

or i guess you could transition right into a prayer type service for them while making sure they get the aid necessary.

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
The service will need to be disrupted but size will make a difference.

if say there are 1000's of ppl in the event then response could be localized.
With an announcement after the event was handled to inform those who are curious.

but most any normal sized group will face bigger congregation wide impact.

there should be a plan in place to try to localize and get help to the person obv if 911 is called and the fire dept ends up there its goona be confusing. to folks.
:sanathink:... Why do I feel like you're an EMT worker?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
:sanathink:... Why do I feel like you're an EMT worker?
Its just that the majority of churches are going to have elderly attendees this kinda thing will happen.
and failure to plan is planning to fail :).

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
I ask this because I read something on social media that basically said that if someone has a heart attack or seizure during a mass that the priest or pastor should carry on with the service as if nothing were happening. I'm not sure how I felt about it and I wanted to get everyone's opinion...
Jeez...

If it's a small church, someone calls 911, and 1-2 people help the person however you're supposed to while they wait for the ambulance. Everyone else who don't have a task could pray.

If it's a mega... well I hope the people in that area are able to help the person. I'm not sure if the preacher would want to try to get over there, or s/he could start praying from the pulpit. Maybe a deacon or two could get to that area faster.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
So this happened one time. A person fainted during church.

She was a nurse herself. The priest kept the church service going since they had to leave for another Mass to open.

Those surrounding the patient. All ensured she was breathing properly as they lay her on the floor. Making sure she can breath as they checked her airways.

Luckily those who we're off-duty doctors and nurse came to her aid. And she went to the hospital and she was alright.

However, I felt something was wrong with the lady. As I looked at her. Then I turned away and she fainted.

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
I read something on social media that basically said that if someone has a heart attack or seizure during a mass that the priest or pastor should carry on with the service as if nothing were happening.
what the hell :sanathink: makes me glad i don't go to churches, if someone acted like that while i'm dying right there i'd just end up haunting the whole building as a ghost even if i don't believe them. they should at least get some help for that person, who would want to pray near a corpse anyway.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I think as long as the person is getting actual help then the Pastor could continue the service but it shouldn't be a case of no one doing anything just because they aren't attending to it themselves

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread