COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Intro Hello everyone! (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
zeroady
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Hi everyone! My name is Sara from Vancouver, WA. I'm still new with learning about K-Pop, and I am currently doing a research paper on how K-Pop became such an icon in Korea for my Introduction to Anthropology Class. I've always had an interest in Japanese culture, but I wanted to dive into learning about Korean culture, and I discovered K-Pop (and trot) as a result, which leads me to here in order to learn more! I sadly do not know much, but I'm always eager to expand my knowledge about other cultures. I find that the best way to learn is from another persons' perspective(s) that has lived in or experienced the Korean culture firsthand. I apologize if this comes off as weird...
Thank you for having me here, and I look forward to learning more about the Korean culture from everyone!
Dang it i thought ur from Vancouver Canada i-

Late welcome <3

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I’m not quite sure if I’m understanding what you’re asking but I’ll definitely say being a kpop fan is a little more normalized now than it is back then. However not perfect and there are still judgemental people, with the rise of many kpop acts innthe west it has become more accepted
I apologize, I'm just not too familiar with South Korean culture, I guess Im wondering what the cultural norms are within the country, if that makes sense? I 'm sorry again, I'm still trying to learn and understand from a different perspective on South Korean culture, and how K-Pop ties into it.

euphoria

Thunder ⚡️
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Stingray
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
I apologize, I'm just not too familiar with South Korean culture, I guess Im wondering what the cultural norms are within the country, if that makes sense? I 'm sorry again, I'm still trying to learn and understand from a different perspective on South Korean culture, and how K-Pop ties into it.
In that case maybe look into the normalization of men wearing makeup, the use of traditional instruments in kpop, etc

euphoria

Thunder ⚡️
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Stingray
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread