COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
So I'm bored and saw @Religion_Of_Joy made a thread about unpopular opinions, so I thought why not too one too y'know!

1. Equal line distributions are not fair line distributions
  2. 10 seconds of lines for a sub-vocal or even a lead vocal (in a group with a lot of members) is not bad
  3. Most groups have weaker vocals than their fans claim
  4. if Blackpink had a leader the "lazy Jennie" debacle could've been avoided
  5. JYP is no better than SM
  6. Bighit is slowly but surely getting worse and worse as a company
  7. Sexualizing idols is alright (a shocker coming from me, I know) if you take your shirt off on stage, you are doing it so people would see you as sexy.
  8. Shindong isn't the monster a lot of ppl paint him out to be
  9. Same for Amber
  10. JYP does not care about mental health, them claiming to focus on it is just PR BS

I've got more, but can't be bothered to write 'em out lmao

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I don't agree with the Jennie one but the rest is solid
What's wrong with Bighit?

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Say it a little louder for the delulus in the back!

Also, I haven't seen that many people talking about number 6 but your completely right! The whole I-LAND mess has really opened up my eyes about them, they're just the same as any other kpop company...
Also with Bighit....

why do the BTS members have NO solo promotions?
Why are the members releasing mixtapes and not solo albums?
Why doesn't Jin have acting gigs?
Why was Jin the only member left out of the dance break in ON?
Why no solo SNS accounts

Like a LOT of ARMY are running with the excuse that the members don't WANT solo promotions or SNS accounts which is just like.... yeah they are one group that gets along great, but in the end they are also SEPARATE people!

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Getting involved with survival shows in the form of I-Land
Txt members dorms being small af (they all sleep in one room)
No solo promotions (like I said replying to Jake)
Jin getting left out and snubbed

They aren't the worst company out there, nowhere NEAR that even, but they are not the perfect company a lot of people think they are.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Also with Bighit....

why do the BTS members have NO solo promotions?
Why are the members releasing mixtapes and not solo albums?
Why doesn't Jin have acting gigs?
Why was Jin the only member left out of the dance break in ON?
Why no solo SNS accounts

Like a LOT of ARMY are running with the excuse that the members don't WANT solo promotions or SNS accounts which is just like.... yeah they are one group that gets along great, but in the end they are also SEPARATE people!
I'm gonna write a thread about how I think BigHit SHOULD handle BTS' enlistment. I'm 99% sure they're not gonna do any of it but I wanna be able to say I told you so when they fuck everything up lol

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Also about Jennie....
Isn't the job of a leader to make sure the whole group is functioning properly and doing their parts.
I think if BP had a leader that leader would've taken Jennie aside when the "lazy" performances first started to talk that thing out and tell her that shiz cannot fly.

I think the leader wouldn't solve the problem CAUSING the lazy performances, but it would have solved the performances going on for as long as they did and developing into the shitshow they did.

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Getting involved with survival shows in the form of I-Land
Txt members dorms being small af (they all sleep in one room)
No solo promotions (like I said replying to Jake)
Jin getting left out and snubbed

They aren't the worst company out there, nowhere NEAR that even, but they are not the perfect company a lot of people think they are.
Not to mention the whole drama behind picking I-Land's name when it was one of G-Idles fandom name options and going to be the title of their world tour that got put on hold because of covid.

VillageIdiot

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Also about Jennie....
Isn't the job of a leader to make sure the whole group is functioning properly and doing their parts.
I think if BP had a leader that leader would've taken Jennie aside when the "lazy" performances first started to talk that thing out and tell her that shiz cannot fly.

I think the leader wouldn't solve the problem CAUSING the lazy performances, but it would have solved the performances going on for as long as they did and developing into the shitshow they did.
I've never really taken the leader role seriously, especially in groups with small age gaps. They may represent the group in public or lead an activity but they just don't really do much. Maybe not to the severity of Jennie but it hasn't stopped groups in the past from having issues with lazy members or attitude issues

And even if BP had a leader, it would have been Jennie anyway

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I've never really taken the leader role seriously, especially in groups with small age gaps. They may represent the group in public or lead an activity but they just don't really do much. Maybe not to the severity of Jennie but it hasn't stopped groups in the past from having issues with lazy members.

And even if BP had a leader, it would have been Jennie anyway
I think this is a difficult topic bcs not all leaders do the same amount.
In some groups a leader IS really important and does a lot to the point I feel like they should have a monthly salary from the company
In others the leader is mostly just a symbolic position

Like take EXO's Suho or WayV's Kun who really DO support the group a lot!
Then there are others like Jimin who just... yeah....

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Say it a little louder for the delulus in the back!

Also, I haven't seen that many people talking about number 6 but your completely right! The whole I-LAND mess has really opened up my eyes about them, they're just the same as any other kpop company...
what happened with I-LAND :susPepe:

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
what happened with I-LAND :susPepe:
The trainees get no training and have to figure everything out themselves
The system of the trainees THEMSELVES voting for winners is just such a flawed idea
The HORRIBLE levels of evil editing
And the overall atmosphere on the show feeling like the underdog/loosing teams on produce shows, only like.... EVERYBODY is like that.

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
The trainees get no training and have to figure everything out themselves
The system of the trainees THEMSELVES voting for winners is just such a flawed idea
The HORRIBLE levels of evil editing
And the overall atmosphere on the show feeling like the underdog/loosing teams on produce shows, only like.... EVERYBODY is like that.
what is this, the hunger games :wimwim:, especially the first one

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Wasn't the lazy jennie thing more because people got upset that she was dating.

It was weird for me, because I could notice her laziness since the debut and then out of nowhere it became a thing.

I actually have a certain unpopular opinion in regard to that and the current performances, but I'll keep it to myself :worry:

Also I don't agree that JYP is no better than SM, I don't care about boy groups though so idk.

The SM black list is one of the worst things that happens in this industry.

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Wasn't the lazy jennie thing more because people got upset that she was dating.

It was weird for me, because I could notice her laziness since the debut and then out of nowhere it became a thing.

I actually have a certain unpopular opinion in regard to that and the current performances, but I'll keep it to myself :worry:

Also I don't agree that JYP is no better than SM, I don't care about boy groups though so idk.

The SM black list is one of the worst things that happens in this industry.
I mean I would agree that 5 years ago SM was worse than JYP.... these days tho?
It seems to me that SM has cleaned up their act a LOT and JYP well....

Twice had EIGHT releases in 2018 and for comparison that was also when Mark was at his busiest, essentially promoting in 3 groups and even HE didn't have 8 releases. JYP overall seems to like at LEAST 3-4 releases per year from their groups. On the flipside they ALSO underwork some of their idols like Jamie Park who eventually was pushed to the point of shouting at JYP on LIVE TELEVISION that she is a singer who can't sing bcs they won't give her a song.

There is also that JYP is so much more controlling over concept and images than SM is, to the point that multiple idols from there have said that the idols themselves have 0 say in how a song should be performed etc...

JYP also has SO MANY survival shows, while preaching about mental health at the same time..... and imo survival shows and mental health are about the furthest things you can GET from each other!

As for proof for conditions in SM improving, EXO themselves said so. That the rookies these days have it a lot easier and better than they did and after some prodding admitted the rookies they were talking about were NCT.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
if Blackpink had a leader the "lazy Jennie" debacle could've been avoided
The girls said that they didnt want a leader because they didn’t want a shift within the group. They wanted to all be equal. That’s why they’re essentially leaders in different categories when it comes to bps activities. Bp not having a leader benefits them, them having a leader wouldn’t have stopped what happened to jennie two years ago. Anyways, she’s performing great now and has been for a while, people like to take a few performances out of context to make it seem like Jennie was doing that shit for years when in reality it was a short period.

VillageIdiot

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I love you maru omg. everything hits the right spot. especially the JYP thing is a huge one in my opinion. I never get how JYP is so much praised when they do just as bad things as other companies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread