COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Cover honest critques are v welcome (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
1. My voice doing Lisa's rap in Boombayah (i did this a million times, deadass went "one more time" to myself alot)
i hate the way i say "handle" and that whole part but whatever

enjoy trying to sing, i told ppl here that my voice was hella high (i was assinged soprano one in chorus) but that doesnt make it good so y i k e s i might go back and delete this one) so idk T-T
I literally cant sing right if there isnt another voice lmaooo

me rapping lil kim's verse in "crush on you"

imma keep wroking on that verse tbh the lyrics makes me flustred ngl lie (in a good way but i dont imagine id ever perfrom this in public i just know all the words)

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
With the boombayah, it sounds VERY repetative and almost flat. I think you need to play more with tones and different feelings.
"crush on you" it sounds like you are rehearsing a lesson or smth. It is too.. proper, too square and it is totally lacking any freedom or bounce to it. tbh Boombayah was the same

It's almost like... You are trying to do everything EXACTLY like the original artist is doing. You aren't letting it flow, you are replicating.

And as for the singing, if you aren't a good singer try to learn a simpler song first. Even a damn kids song. Try to learn to sing it alone on your own before you move onto songs like that. Try singing some scales and other simple vocal exercises (look them up online) as well, bcs atm you are focusing more on style and emotion than actually hitting the right notes.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
With the boombayah, it sounds VERY repetative and almost flat. I think you need to play more with tones and different feelings.
"crush on you" it sounds like you are rehearsing a lesson or smth. It is too.. proper, too square and it is totally lacking any freedom or bounce to it. tbh Boombayah was the same

It's almost like... You are trying to do everything EXACTLY like the original artist is doing. You aren't letting it flow, you are replicating.

And as for the singing, if you aren't a good singer try to learn a simpler song first. Even a damn kids song. Try to learn to sing it alone on your own before you move onto songs like that. Try singing some scales and other simple vocal exercises (look them up online) as well, bcs atm you are focusing more on style and emotion than actually hitting the right notes.
noted :)

i appreciate u v much

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I like your tone. have you tried taking vocal classes? with some dedication anyone can reach average level.

your rap doesn't have personality like how Lisa does it, you will need to work on your flow.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fnhahchsuxjea it sounds a lot better than your last one :sj_weary:

But it sounds like you’re trying to do a cover. Your tone sounds forced again and when you do rap higher, it sounds really flat. Try not to sound like your trying to recreate an artists sound. Next time, try to memorize and completely master the lyrics, it kinda sounds like you’re reading it lol

For your singing, you don’t have control over your voice and notes. Another thing, for both your singing and rapping, warm up before it. Your singing sounded like it was from your throat so try to sing from your diaphragm. It would be better to rap and sing without the singers voice in the background and just the music. You won’t constantly be trying to sound like them and you’ll have more freedom to do whatever without being distracted by it lol. Also are you not moving your mouth/tongue when you sing (at the beginning) and holding your breath in ? I tried to recreate the sound you were making, and that’s how I got it lol. I could be completely wrong though

Last edited:

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
Reactions Received
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
YOLO
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I think your rap doesn't have that much emotion? Like, I can tell you're improving, but right now it sounds like you're talking in a monotone? Maybe try some varying voices and such? I think it's okay to try to mimic the rappers when you're starting out, but maybe also try to put your own twists to your rap. It also sounds like you're talking in iambeic penameter. That's okay, but make sure your rap has different flows to it. You have a good tone though, and you're improving!

Your voice is good, but it sounds like you're kinda singing either in your throat or in the bridge of your nose. Try to focus on the sound coming from your chest or head. Singing through your throat isn't good for your vocal chords, and doesn't sound that great. Singing with your nose is okay, but doing it constantly isn't that good. It also sounds like you're trying to copy how the original singer is singing. I'd suggest just trying to get to the notes before going to try style. Singing style will come naturally. I think your singing is pretty good! :D

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I feel like you're enunciating a little...too much? It's harder than it sounds but just go with the flow. You could always do those dance covers where they cut the camera off at the top so you don't show your face.

You're good though, you have the potential for sure!:rjbow:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I feel like you're enunciating a little...too much? It's harder than it sounds but just go with the flow. You could always do those dance covers where they cut the camera off at the top so you don't show your face.

You're good though, you have the potential for sure!:rjbow:
i actually love the critques,,thanks!

i plan to in the near future i will its just quarntien got me looking like a rat ksksks

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
i actually love the critques,,thanks!

i plan to in the near future i will its just quarntien got me looking like a rat ksksks
Girl I felt this. I swear my hair is a mess most of the time and I'm always wearing different variations of those baggy pajamas :mgblush:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I think your rap doesn't have that much emotion? Like, I can tell you're improving, but right now it sounds like you're talking in a monotone? Maybe try some varying voices and such? I think it's okay to try to mimic the rappers when you're starting out, but maybe also try to put your own twists to your rap. It also sounds like you're talking in iambeic penameter. That's okay, but make sure your rap has different flows to it. You have a good tone though, and you're improving!

Your voice is good, but it sounds like you're kinda singing either in your throat or in the bridge of your nose. Try to focus on the sound coming from your chest or head. Singing through your throat isn't good for your vocal chords, and doesn't sound that great. Singing with your nose is okay, but doing it constantly isn't that good. It also sounds like you're trying to copy how the original singer is singing. I'd suggest just trying to get to the notes before going to try style. Singing style will come naturally. I think your singing is pretty good! :D
:) thanks its noted!
before joining chorus, i always thought my voice was a little heavier and so i sang lower than i shouldve,,, my cords are confused sksks

thanks!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I like your tone. have you tried taking vocal classes? with some dedication anyone can reach average level.

your rap doesn't have personality like how Lisa does it, you will need to work on your flow.
i have thought about it but im surrounded by really good singers (friends, my sisters) and i get discouraged

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
Reactions Received
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
YOLO
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
:) thanks its noted!
before joining chorus, i always thought my voice was a little heavier and so i sang lower than i shouldve,,, my cords are confused sksks

thanks!
I feel that! When I sang before being in high-school choir, I always though I was only soprano 1, but apparently I was also alto so I realized singing low isn't that hard as I made it out to be lolll

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
i have thought about it but im surrounded by really good singers (friends, my sisters) and i get discouraged
Honestly, the longer you wait, the more discouraged you get. If you take classes, you could catch up ig.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I feel that! When I sang before being in high-school choir, I always though I was only soprano 1, but apparently I was also alto so I realized singing low isn't that hard as I made it out to be lolll
if u sing it would be nice to get tips from u

ive been told my voice is delicate so idk what to do sksksks

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
Reactions Received
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
YOLO
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
if u sing it would be nice to get tips from u

ive been told my voice is delicate so idk what to do sksksks
I think the best advice I've ever been given is don't give yourself hard limits. That can mentally block you from making improvements. Do vocal exercises, like scales and jumping from note to note for preciseness. Warming up is also important, and try to expand your vocal ability to be more flexible. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread