How do you feel about the new COVID vaccine in the USA? (1 Viewer)

milk

Rookie
Reactions Received
Right now the front line workers (doctors/medical experts) are the main ones who are taking it today. Do you trust it? Will you take the vaccine when it becomes available in the future for everyone else? Are you confident that it will help with preventing the spread of this virus?

For more context if you're interested: Covid-19 Live Updates: U.S. Starts Vaccine Rollout as Shots Given in New York

Lovely_Cornchips

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
I feel confident it's going to help the only thing I'm not confident about is if I can take it and if all the anti-vaxxers will put me at risk as a result.

Reactions: milk and Taehyun

milk

Rookie
Reactions Received
It's been through many medical trials so I see no reason not to trust it.
yeah I see that some people feel as though they still can't trust it bc according to them, it was recently developed. and they are afraid of any weird stuff happening months later bc of it

Reactions: Vikki

Vikki

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
yeah I see that some people feel as though they still can't trust it bc according to them, it was recently developed. and they are afraid of any weird stuff happening months later bc of it
They're not completely wrong that covid hasn't been around for that long but coronaviruses have been around forever, so the base knowledge was already there.

dnb

Welcome Back Red Velvet
Reactions Received
Yes, I will take the vaccine as soon as it becomes available to me.

I can see the following happening, though: After front line health care workers, the next ones in line to get the vaccine are those in nursing homes. It just so happens this group's chances of getting sick and/or dying are higher than those of the general population. So there's a good chance that some people there will get vaccinated and then die of unrelated causes. But the anti-vaxxers will take these incidents as reasons not to get vaccinated.

milk

Rookie
Reactions Received
They're not completely wrong that covid hasn't been around for that long but coronaviruses have been around forever, so the base knowledge was already there.
honestly I'm kind of tired of people making all these conspiracy theories with the pandemic and vaccines. I can't wait for this to be over because it's exhausting...

I can see the following happening, though: After front line health care workers, the next ones in line to get the vaccine are those in nursing homes. It just so happens this group's chances of getting sick and/or dying are higher than those of the general population. So there's a good chance that some people there will get vaccinated and then die of unrelated causes. But the anti-vaxxers will take these incidents as reasons not to get vaccinated.
oh you brought up a good point. I can DEFINITELY see that happening :/

Reactions: dnb, Sana and Vikki

Sana

#1 Sana Stan
Reactions Received
Website
www.kpopsource.com
Ship

Even if this is not about to happen they will find an excuse anyway :joshmeh:

Reactions: milk and dnb

lexus

Future Canadian hobo
Reactions Received
Fandom
Vikki stan
Ship
Wreck
I'm glad there's finally a vaccine out. The main problem is that there's a good chunk who refuse to get simply because it's new. I even have family members who refuse to get it.
And don't get me started on anti-vaxxer's :welp:

Reactions: milk

Users who are viewing this thread